Great Outdoors Map Contest: Winner #2

Our second winning map is Stone Ruins by RedBaron64-ITA! This map does a great job of combining open terrain gameplay on the outsides of the map with more CQB style gameplay at the center of the map. This allows the map to support all roles and play styles. Players can use the exterior portions of the map to provide fire support on the interior objectives or use those exterior portions to flank around to the rear objective. Just pushing through the interior of the map is always an option as well. Objectives are well spaced out and the objective further from Attack Spawn offers stronger defensive options once the charge is planted (assuming attackers can breach the area), making both plant sites very viable options for the attacking team. This large number of options, available on both player and team levels, combined with strong atmosphere and solid map construction is what pushed this map into our top three. Everyone please congratulate RedBaron64 on a job well done. Look for Stone Ruins to be fully incorporated in the game in the coming months!

Comments

• =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    Congrats RedBaron... map has comp potential ..similar to Intercept I imagine

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • `xinoN`xinoN Posts: 351Player
    edited February 2016
    Congratulations RedBaron!

EDIT: Love the fog!
    Oh well.
  • RedBaron64(ITA)RedBaron64(ITA) Posts: 173Player
    edited February 2016
    Thanks you for the choice and for the invaluable amount of feedbacks. Pls continue to support mapmakers with contests and make UMMs more and more a viable and enjoyable option for server admins.
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    edited February 2016
    Did not get to try this map out enough. I only played it one match. I do like how it is CQB but like intercept it hurts my eyes :wink: Good job on winning RedBaron I look forward to playing your map when it is officially released.

Your other map Patrol Trapped I got to play quite a few times and really enjoyed I guess since you already won with Stone Ruins then Patrol Trapped didn't get selected :neutral: Again good job on both these maps RedBaron.

I am preying the final winner is worksite!!! :smiley:
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

• MaclobsterMaclobster Posts: 214Beta Tester
    Congrats RedBaron
    (\/) (',,') (\/)
    Pipeline
    HonorTown
  • -Flops--Flops- Posts: 354Player
    Congrats its a great map and great fun to play , good job
  • IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    Congrats!!
    googley avatar aapg

• -=}WoLvErInE{=--=}WoLvErInE{=- Posts: 1,117Beta Tester
    Congrats! I really enjoy the map. Well done. :+1:
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,181Player
    Great map RedBaron, congrats!
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• TrIn@dOr^SuRTrIn@dOr^SuR Posts: 215Player
    edited February 2016
    Congrats!!!!

These Contest Winners should have their own Award in their profile.
  • =R*C=-snom-=R*C=-snom- Posts: 88Player
    Congrats on the win RedBaron, GJ!
  • =U^S=_Mason=U^S=_Mason Posts: 167Beta Tester
    Congrats!
    "9 people make up over 50% of all of the posts on this forums.
    The VAST majority of our players just play."
  • =NiW=-^pAYNE=NiW=-^pAYNE Posts: 48Player
    Congrats M80 !!

=NiW=-^pAYNE
  • =groundHog==groundHog= Posts: 43Player
    Congratulations RedBaron! Well done. I enjoy sniping from the perimeters as well as CQB in the thick of it all. I always enjoy this map.
  • CrushmasterCrushmaster Posts: 500Player
    Looks good! Congratulations.
  • Root-AccessRoot-Access Posts: 510Player
    Nice! I really love Stone Ruins.

Congratz on the win!

ss_4_Root-Access.png
    "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it." — Jefferson Davis
  • Bl4ckBartBl4ckBart Posts: 6Player
    Congrats RedBaron64-ITA! :)

Killjoy^ was here!