For the DEVS...

Sorry for my bad English but we have 4 gb of demorecspectactor videos but we can't watch them after som e updates.Can you tell us if in the future it will be possible to watch them? We would find in these our 4 gb the actions of an our player who unfortunately died when he was only 20 years old and we would create a montage to remember the person that he was in game.

I wait your info.
Thank you
-LSTS-TheShade

Comments

• frankoffrankof Posts: 1,077Moderator
    edited February 2016
    Demorec cant be used across versions as its not really a movie recording but rather instructions on pawn locations etc.
    ss_4_frankof.png
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    Frank is correct. The demo will only work with the build it was recorded on.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    edited February 2016
    FunPolice wrote: »
    Frank is correct. The demo will only work with the build it was recorded on.

This is by far not a solid arrangement. If it is possible should be able to view demos on any version. If not, with the amount of updates that come (even more patches than usual recently) demorec is pretty useless. Another issue is no hud/ui for DemoRec the commands are no where. How does one pause, fast forward, go slow motion, etc... Would be good if you could make it like an instant replay system like sports games have. So if I want to pause I just click the pause, fast forward click fast forward. (All in a UI system like spectator mode is F4) (So make DemoRec commands HUD/UI come up/remove with F5) Overall even if you can't fix viewing demorecs on any version. (Once the game progresses further into development and patches become less frequent I doubt this will be that much of any issue but if you plan on releasing a new version of the game every month with no end in sight or road map to follow. Than you should look into this issue seriously because it could make or break your games popularity in the long run.

A system in place for ease of access to demorec commands (like rewind, pause, fastforward, etc would make demorec viable for Competitive matches and a league admin could watch the demorec right after a match. Another thing would be to fix demorec/spectator to show the correct weapons a player is using right now a player could be showing in demorec using an AK105 but really they are using a M4, this issue is very serious and should be addressed. (Even if it is a command to get correct weapon a player is using to show, but that command has to be known and displayed somewhere)

Side Notes/Extras you can think about doing:
    -launch demorecs from the start menu.
    -downloading demorecs via a system like steam workshop.

Also it is not just DemoRec that this issue of seeing a player with AK105 but really they using M4 exist spectator mode also has this issue. Therefore should be addressed ASAP.
    - If I am watching a competitive via stream I want to see the correct weapon a player is using.
    - If I am a league admin, it is my job to make sure everyone is playing fair. So if I am spectating and it shows a player using different gun than they are actually using it sort of prevents me from making sure the matches going on in my league are fair and the players are following the rules.

-Showing a different gun than they are using in spectate mode is not an issue I can continue to deal with if I am to continue playing this game. If might not seem like that big of deal to some but it is for me and I have my reasons.
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

• This is not a good game.AA2 haven't this problems.....
  • Since october the game is in its final version, it's ok if beta demorecs doesn't work on final, but now after a fix update? On AA2 it wasn't working like that. I think this game doesn't work properly and the demorecs problem prove it.. Thanks anyway, we'll delete those 4Gbs
  • ddra-ddra- Posts: 455Player
    I remember this version mismatch issue being present in other games such as StarCraft. Sure it's an annoyance.

Me and eKComm have been working on setting up our demorec. You can add these commands to your keybinds in the meantime for better browsing:
    -- demo.txt contents --

;THIS file must be in the \binaries folder
    ;exec from command line
    ; demoplay demoname
    ; file must be in local \\\AAGame\Demos folder

setbind "u" "demorewind 10" ;rewinds 10 seconds
    setbind "i" "slomo .1" ;sets playspeed to 1/10th normal
    setbind "o" "slomo 4" ;sets playspeed to 4x
    setbind "p" "slomo 1" ;sets playspeed back to normal
    Fragmovie 6 | iNv Discord
    FGNL Season 1 Champions
    FN Season 2 & 4 Champions
  • FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 630Player
    edited February 2016
    3;34728"]This is not a good game.AA2 haven't this problems.....

It was exactly the same in AA2. You could not view a demo if the version changed. Only difference was the ability to keep a former version of the game,not this autoupdate steam crap...
    AAPG is good!
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    edited February 2016
    Question, What would it take to keep an older version of the game accessible for use 'after an update' rather than copy the whole game elsewhere before taking the plunge?

I wonder if it would it be as simple as keeping a copy of AAGame.exe?

Sorry to hear about your friend -LSTS-TheShade
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    I remember this version mismatch issue being present in other games such as StarCraft. Sure it's an annoyance.

Me and eKComm have been working on setting up our demorec. You can add these commands to your keybinds in the meantime for better browsing:
    -- demo.txt contents --

;THIS file must be in the \binaries folder
    ;exec from command line
    ; demoplay demoname
    ; file must be in local \\\AAGame\Demos folder

setbind "u" "demorewind 10" ;rewinds 10 seconds
    setbind "i" "slomo .1" ;sets playspeed to 1/10th normal
    setbind "o" "slomo 4" ;sets playspeed to 4x
    setbind "p" "slomo 1" ;sets playspeed back to normal

Thanks.
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.