Great Outdoors Map Contest: Winner #1

Our first winning entry goes to =groundHog='s map Cabin Fever! This map does a great job of incorporating the Great Outdoors theme in a way that works well with a standard AA: PG playstyle. Take and Hold is an underused objective type that =groundHog= was able to make great use of. Each objective provides a unique layout for attacking players to tackle while allowing defenders to maintain situational awareness of their nearby surroundings. The hills of the map help to control long sightlines while the foliage and paths along those hills provide viable options for players lacking high powered scopes. Cabin Fever is on theme, well constructed, and fun to play, hitting all the major benchmarks we look for in a winning map. Everyone please congratulate =groundHog= on a job well done and look for Cabing Fever to make its way in to the Official map rotation on the coming months.

Comments

• -Flops--Flops- Posts: 354Player
    Congrats GroundHog well done , very nice map and great fun to play
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    Called it Day1.. great Map suites both long range and cqb, good obj placement, slight sight line adjustments needed and we have a map worth playing.

Congrats Ground Hog

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,166Player
    Congrats GroundHog! Awesome map :+1:
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• MaclobsterMaclobster Posts: 213Beta Tester
    Congrats =groundHog= :+1:
    (\/) (',,') (\/)
    Pipeline
    HonorTown
  • Theodore_BundyTheodore_Bundy Posts: 68Player
    Very cool, anyone have screenshots to share here?
    Steam: usdod14
  • -=}WoLvErInE{=--=}WoLvErInE{=- Posts: 1,116Beta Tester
    Congrats bud, job well done.
    "Job well done".. is what I'll say when we get a special someone to get rid of the bush and re work it for comp. :smiley:

• -=}WoLvErInE{=--=}WoLvErInE{=- Posts: 1,116Beta Tester
    lol you silly wabbit. ;)
    Wait.. my post was about the new jungle map.. not Hogs map..

• ={101st}=Whiplash27={101st}=Whiplash27 Posts: 2,055Player
    Congrats! Fun map, well deserved.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,972Player
    Congrats =groundHog= and good job on this map! My only issue from a competitive stand point would be to make the objective buildings a different material other than wood. So the objectives building are not spamable. (So bullets do not go through the walls) Map has competition potential and I see that being issue #1. Tower being spammable is good. Also some of the hills that have the bushes that make you invisible are a bit too much. A sniper already has camouflage due to the ghillie suit and would already blend into the hills really well. Replacing with trees would be fine, IMO.

Look forward to playing your map, thank you for your hard work you put into it. The community and comp scene appreciates your work on this map. It can be played 6v6 or 12v12 and that is perfect. So thank you.
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

• TrIn@dOr^SuRTrIn@dOr^SuR Posts: 215Player
    Nice job!!
  • =U^S=_Mason=U^S=_Mason Posts: 167Beta Tester
    Well done! A very fun map to play!
    "9 people make up over 50% of all of the posts on this forums.
    The VAST majority of our players just play."
  • =groundHog==groundHog= Posts: 43Player
    Thank you all. ----> I'm so pumped!

I'm sure the Devs will do a fantastic job tweaking and polishing up CabinFever to be a top quality map as they have always done. I appreciate the feedback and encouragement.

Thanks to all in the community for your feedback, suggestions, comments, and playing the map on your servers. Special thanks to the Beer_Me Clan for providing well run and managed UMM servers and especially to SENOR EL ROACHY (Beer_Me)Roach. It’s always a hoot to be there!

To all those who have created tutorials and provide examples in the forums; -=}WoLvErInE{=-, DELTATHUND3R, (Beer_me)lobo, and countless others that are out there, big kudos to you all. They were a tremendous help.

=IK=Doba=, you called it from the start. So clairvoyant of you!

Good luck to the rest of the competition map creators.

• `xinoN`xinoN Posts: 351Player
    Well done!!
    Oh well.
  • IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    Congrats!!
    googley avatar aapg

• `xinoN`xinoN Posts: 351Player
    edited February 2016
    These threads need screenshots.

29et20o.jpg

http://i65.tinypic.com/29et20o.jpg
    Oh well.
  • -Ner0--Ner0- Posts: 1,566Player
    Congrats, I have only played it a few times, but liked it.
    Very cool, anyone have screenshots to share here?

It's difficult so see, but "Cabin Fever" in the first post is a link to screenshots.
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,499Beta Tester
    Congrats Groundhog! That's a fun map!
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.