Game Update Notes (11 Feb 2016)

• Hospital (all maps) lighting restored to former state
  • The activity feed now has appropriate icons for ROE violations and ROE bans
  • VOIP keys no longer register when using text chat
  • Admins no longer get kicked every match when playing on a password protected server
  • Officials sorted to the top of the server list and all server properly sorted by ping from lowest to highest
  • Fixed an issue where some servers would not appear in the Favorites or History tab
  • Players may now sight/unsight during crouch-to-standing and standing-to-crouch transitions
The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

Comments

• FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 602Player
    The last point sounds interesting.
    AAPG is good!
  • ={101st}=Whiplash27={101st}=Whiplash27 Posts: 1,991Player
    Cool. Any ETA on a new content patch?

BTW, why do Friendly Fire deaths count against a player? In the past I don't think this happened.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • Bashar_al-AssadBashar_al-Assad Posts: 579Player
    Whiplash27 wrote: »
    Cool. Any ETA on a new content patch?

BTW, why do Friendly Fire deaths count against a player? In the past I don't think this happened.

IIRC, it did happen before?
  • CaterPCaterP Posts: 190Developer
    We are looking at another content patch soon, perhaps in a few weeks.

Friendly fire deaths have always counted as a death.
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,972Player
    edited February 2016

A very long time ago they didnt :expressionless: Game might of still been in closed beta. Pretty sure start of open beta was like this as well.
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

• Theodore_BundyTheodore_Bundy Posts: 68Player
    FunPolice wrote: »
    • Fixed an issue where some servers would not appear in the Favorites or History tab
    Does this fix the problem where only the server with a default port is shown on the favorites tab?
    • Players may now sight/unsight during crouch-to-standing and standing-to-crouch transitions
    Oh lord.
    Steam: usdod14
    edited February 2016
    .dc-colts^ wrote: »

A very long time ago they didnt :expressionless: Game might of still been in closed beta. Pretty sure start of open beta was like this as well.

Must have been closed beta. I definitely remember it at some point. I guess it just took me this long to be annoyed by it enough to make a post about it :smiley:

I'm just not a fan of getting punished with a death because my teammate decided to be a dummy. It's frustrating enough to get TK'd.
    Oh lord.

I honestly don't even know what this would change. How often does someone sight or unsight while they're crouching?
  • IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    Oh lord.

I honestly don't even know what this would change. How often does someone sight or unsight while they're crouching?

Me too, but it should be interesting....
    googley avatar aapg

• TrIn@dOr^SuRTrIn@dOr^SuR Posts: 215Player
    Oh lord.

Almost always?
    edited February 2016
    For me it reads like you will be forced out of sights if you change your stance.
    AAPG is good!
  • [Prt_Dictator][Prt_Dictator] Posts: 275Player
    I believe it means if you press the ADS button during the transition, the animation starts immediately instead of being queued until the transition is done. The stance change is like 0.1 seconds, it doesn't really affect much.
  • Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 456Beta Tester
    Flatlander wrote: »
    For me it reads like you will be forced out of sights if you change your stance.

No. After this update you are allowed to ADS in/out during changing stance. I don't think it a big change, it was kind of possible (under some circumstances it let you) before as well. You are not forced to do anything.
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
    Flatlander wrote: »

No. After this update you are allowed to ADS in/out during changing stance. I don't think it a big change, it was kind of possible (under some circumstances it let you) before as well. You are not forced to do anything.

Check!
    AAPG is good!
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,413Beta Tester
    The movements(Stance) and the scope actions used to be disconnected and you could choose to do either in whichever order. This is NOT a new feature, it merely restores an original function.

______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,972Player

Must have been closed beta. I definitely remember it at some point. I guess it just took me this long to be annoyed by it enough to make a post about it :smiley:

I'm just not a fan of getting punished with a death because my teammate decided to be a dummy. It's frustrating enough to get TK'd.

After this post I went and played checkout I got naded by teammates 4 times in one match. Thanks for the bad luck whiplash!
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

• CrushmasterCrushmaster Posts: 496Player

After this post I went and played checkout I got naded by teammates 4 times in one match. Thanks for the bad luck whiplash!
    Hahaha, this is fantastic. :D

I really hope we'll see some more ROE fixes soon...The other day a guy I play with a lot, who's a good shot, got autokilled shooting a guy who was choking his team mate.

I'm kinda happy to have the old lighting back, though it wasn't too bad as it was. Looking forward to the content update!
  • thank you all devs for the update, hopefully more good news and fixes such as the comp features are incoming in the future :P

*Players may now sight/unsight during crouch-to-standing and standing-to-crouch transitions

I would always be stuck in sight when transitioning between crouch and stand, when i wanted to hipfire and such, hopefully wont have this problem anymore.

p.s. that was me that tked you colts 4 times, cuz i was jelous hehe

• ^]-[ammer_T!me!^]-[ammer_T!me! Posts: 91Player
    Is it possible to avoid downloading the UMMs before joining the server that has them? What if I want to join and just play Downtown, it is a bit dumb to force me to DL 6 other maps that the server is supporting.

i5 4690K/970GTX/16GB/XL2411/Win10

aastats.com
  • SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    "^ wrote:
    -[ammer_T!me!;34439"]Is it possible to avoid downloading the UMMs before joining the server that has them? What if I want to join and just play Downtown, it is a bit dumb to force me to DL 6 other maps that the server is supporting.

You can open console and "open 128.0.0.1" to force the client to attempt a join without checking for maps.