Sound from directly behind

2»

Comments

• CaterPCaterP Posts: 190Developer
    Providing a bit of info regarding the second part of Whiplash's video:

The minimap's range is 25 meters. Based on the firing dot's location, the enemy was a little over half that distance away, so somewhere in the area of 12 to 13 meters away rather than the five Whiplash estimated.
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    edited February 2016
    Whiplash27 wrote: »
    Here are two instances that I found interesting:

First, I get shot at from behind. You can hardly hear the sound of the rifle, it's extremely faint at best. Sure, there are sounds in the background, but the weapon that's firing closest to me should be the loudest. Then the guy is sprinting at me and I don't even hear him sprinting when he's a few feet away. Granted, my own gun fire will mask a lot of that, but even before I start shooting, his footsteps are not heard... it's kind of weird.

The second one, you can hear the guy coming from behind, but what's interesting is that first off he sounds like he's pretty far away from me. When he kills me, he's about 5 meters away. Second when he fires his weapon at me, I don't hear the gun fire until after I'm dead. I do hear the bullets hitting though. Lastly, after he kills me, his sound volume seems to increase a bit.

First guy don't hear but he is shooting (Do you have a longer clip of first kill). Second guy I hear fine, It's hard to say with gun sounds having no reverb volumes. Also if thats 12-13 metres away we definitely should of heard him for a lot longer than what we did, considering we hear things much farther than that. Don't know the map though. If this problem is happening this often you whiplash try an official map when you got time.
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

• 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,157Player
    edited February 2016
    Yeah, I heard the second guy fine, just sounded further than I would have thought (honestly thought it was a teammate and didn't glance at the radar to confirm). Figured the steps would be louder if he's that close. I guess if he was 12 to 13 meters away (I thought that hall was shorter), it may explain it a bit.

The main thing with that second one is the shooting. Not sure why the gun fire is not in sync with the actual bullets.

On the first one, I should have a bit more. Honestly, don't hear much before it because there's a decent amount of shooting going on.

Anyway, whenever I play I'll continue to record and I'll just post weird things as I come across them. Those are just a couple things I came across yesterday.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    edited February 2016
    Seems like normal gameplay but there is no way to get that "7.1" sound via youtube to really compare.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    googley avatar aapg

Can just upload the video to file hosting site as is then you could do that. Either way I hear the same in my youtube videos of what I did ingame.

Here's the longer version
  • -=}WoLvErInE{=--=}WoLvErInE{=- Posts: 1,159Beta Tester
    Watertreatment has Reverb volumes, I made them my self and all have been tweaked, one by one. They were necessary to do because of the door sounds. Anytime you hear a door open in Watertreatment , it's no further than 15 to 20 meters radius.

You hear the door but no footsteps at all I would think this is more of UMM sound bug than an overall game sound engine bug. It seems like a dead spot for footstep sound what map is this? Can we replicate this event?

.dc-colts^ wrote: »

You hear the door but no footsteps at all I would think this is more of UMM sound bug than an overall game sound engine bug. It seems like a dead spot for footstep sound what map is this? Can we replicate this event?

Should be this one:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=573405421&searchtext=blizzard
  • -=}WoLvErInE{=--=}WoLvErInE{=- Posts: 1,159Beta Tester
    Yeah Blizzard is not set up. So you will have or hear weird/odd sounds.