Mouse binds and auto-single shooting

Hi, last patch blocked few commands but how is it about mouse drivers? Is there any chance to block this apps by devs? Or maybe AA:PG is blocking it already?

Comments

• [FIRM]EagLeTaLoN[FIRM]EagLeTaLoN Posts: 23Player
    Are you referring to macros??
  • -e^1-bumblebee^-e^1-bumblebee^ Posts: 15Player

Are you referring to macros??

Exactly
  • [FIRM]EagLeTaLoN[FIRM]EagLeTaLoN Posts: 23Player
    Not 100% sure anything can be done. tbh I don't know too much about macros but I'm sure someone with more knowledge would weigh in.
  • vapor.ivapor.i Posts: 266Player
    Never used mouse macros.
    AA2 veteran player / fanboy
    Streaming my horrible gameplay daily! Twitch.tv/fodvapor
  • hazealusRAWRhazealusRAWR Posts: 97Player
    It's not stoppable unless you somehow access there mouse config and can view files. which would take an anti cheat ssytem.
  • -e^1-bumblebee^-e^1-bumblebee^ Posts: 15Player

It will hopefully be viewable on the demo record's and can be caught that way.

True, detective czmielonhoodson begins to work :DD
    edited April 2015
    On a demorec?I guess you could maybe tell fi the macro was being used for m16 full autoness ya. But other macros/binds on your mouse how would you tell from a demo?
  • SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    Depends on what you're looking for and how much effort gets put into review. It might be possible to write some demo parsing utilities that could analyze things like recoil control, for example, or snap-to-target ability. We'll have to wait & see how the demos end up looking.
  • TrIn@dOr^SuRTrIn@dOr^SuR Posts: 215Player
    For example now that double bind on fire has been disabled (shoot+spot), almost all that used to do it are doing it with a macro.
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player

On a demorec?I guess you could maybe tell fi the macro was being used for m16 full autoness ya. But other macros/binds on your mouse how would you tell from a demo?

Im not a macro expert as ive never used one but isn't the purpose of a macro to get rid of the recoil?

Nah, it wont get rid of recoil, but does give advantage! M16 for instance seems or is more powerful and the recoil curve is easier to control. using macros I can set so that it shoots like an M4 with 1 click of the button and the focus is only controlling that recoil which is MUCH easier than the M4 and here is the advantage.. its quite large as I tried it myself.
  • [TSR].noiaKilla[TSR].noiaKilla Posts: 3Player
    Hey, guys, can i continue bind the "enemy spot" on the mouse? I hope that this function isn't a macro...
    I mean Ya with recoil i guess you could kind of tell but i mean maybe that person just has good recoil control. I think twhat your thinking of is the x-axis mouse [TOS Violation] rokis was tlaking about no idea about that stuff but ya people are just binding the breathe /scope up/tac in amulti key bind you can set in your mouse control panel and any other bind you want. So essentially they made it so you need to go buy a high end mouse. #g502.
    And for the recoil control i believe you are writing actual scripts for your mouse opposed to using macro's or other mouse control panel option's.
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    Writing scripts is a whole other story..
  • SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    edited April 2015

Hey, guys, can i continue bind the "enemy spot" on the mouse? I hope that this function isn't a macro...

That depends on what you're talking about doing.

In-game, you can no longer bind, for example, "GBA_Fire | GBA_SpotEnemy" to the same input. You could still bind Spot Enemy, by itself, to any button you have available to you in-game no problem.

The work-around is that you could bind Spot Enemy to a new key, then have a mouse macro that presses that key whenever you shoot. That's where the macro connection comes in, as referenced by hazealus.
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    edited April 2015
    MOD EDIT: Please report anyone breaking the rules to http://americasarmy.com/contact/abuse
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    We are doing everything we can to combat macros and dubious mouse software, but it is not a simple process.

Please keep reporting anyone you see using exploits so we can look into it.
This discussion has been closed.