TUTORIAL - Natural Environments

Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,607Beta Tester
edited February 2016 in Mission Editor - Support
This is just a basic tutorial to give you some ideas on how to think about natural environments, to avoid repetitive patterns when using only a few static meshes for trees, rocks or other objects.

There are lots of other aspects that you can work with in an outdoor environment - landscape shaping and painting, lighting and shadow, wind and water effects, and even continuity - where it makes sense for things to naturally be, etc.

It takes quite a bit of work with individual meshes to get a natural feel, but it's worth it.
______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.

Comments

• [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    edited February 2016
    Great tips Keebler!

As a bonus, your also indirectly learning people how to use the transform and rotate tools and how to duplicate meshes :mrgreen:
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• -=}WoLvErInE{=--=}WoLvErInE{=- Posts: 1,159Beta Tester
    Thanks for sharing. :+1:
  • ModtoolsModtools Posts: 282Player
    edited February 2016
    yes i know how difficult it can be to make a map looking like nature with its ordered disorder (hope you understand what i mean).
    Also a tip, try to be random. This looks most realistic.
    And also - but for all maps - love the little details they are the things making your map alive and fun to play.

last tip: Cache some eastereggs hidden things in your map making your map interesting to discover.

Sorry this were the first few things i loved to add.

YOUR tutorial is great. Continue and keep on going.
    We are the ones holding the community alive ...

Gz Modtools

P.S. sorry for getting too pathetic - its a bit late now here in europe.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,607Beta Tester
    Thanks all.

This was my first ever tutorial and I want them to be much more professional than this in the future. This was a practice run that turned out well enough I just let it be. There were a few details I missed because of this, like the "Snap" settings in the lower right of the application. I was going to work from notes/script it.

Next time!
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • Bam4DBam4D Posts: 976Player
    :+1: Thanks for your time on this.

********Bam4D********

BE ALL (THAT) YOU CAN BE!

________Army 1980_________

• ramkom9ramkom9 Posts: 1Player
    Let me start from very basic, how to make map bigger then large. Any help how to make own template please ?