possible setting change in comp mode

=IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
edited May 2015 in General Discussion
Comp mode or "classic mode" whatever you guys will end up calling it, wondering if its possible to disable supported position for this mode only.

Which means no supported in matches/scrims etc. raise that skill level son

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw

Comments

• Bam4DBam4D Posts: 976Player
    Ahh turn off that HUD .... that is real skill. I would so comp if they had a MIn HUD league or NO HUD league even better.

Than it comes down to the true you, only assist will be your team... Nice... real PRO settings... like the old classic days.

********Bam4D********

BE ALL (THAT) YOU CAN BE!

________Army 1980_________

• =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    I played with no HUD for the longest time due to stutters, it did not make the game any harder! the only thing I really missed was the Radar for quick call outs in high pressure times..

I know you keep saying no HUD this and that.. but its not much of a difference, the difference would be not recognizing where your friendlies are with 3D tags disabled... that makes a difference.

edited May 2015
    Have never seen a SS of you no HUD?... and at your level should be 24/7 just to challenge the mind. No way a COMP player could ever no HUD... they love their stats too much.

FYI Full Map toggle...

********Bam4D********

• SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    edited May 2015
    Have you ever met Son? Probably not since he's not American but here you go, comp player without HUD: https://www.youtube.com/user/CristiaanLit

However no HUD in competition seems pointless since it's about tactics and teamplay rather than individual skill.
    You've got things backwards Bam.. comp guys don't really care about stats.. pub stars do! ..I was once a pub star with my 3+FR..once you play comp and that falls hard and quick.. matches, and scrims drop your stats but make you a better player.

I've got tons of videos with no HUD, even in matches..again like I said it was due to stutter.. I couldn't have a HUD. ..and again it didn't make things harder.

But this topic isn't about HUD. .it's about removing supported position in the comp game mode..if it's possible. .we know the feature isn't being removed from the game although it should be cause its OP and busted.. so can it at least be removed where it matters? Comp

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,621Player
    The 'majority' of players didn't like Hardcore....
    Hardcore was different, probably too much.... classic mode will be based on current Comp settings, I mean there was a post about what settings to use in this mode already..I just wanted to ask if this was possible to add to those settings.

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,621Player
    Uh, ya Bada....your post and my post has the word "majority" in it and you were talking about settings other than Supported...
  • [eSC]General.Jung[eSC]General.Jung Posts: 144Player
    edited May 2015
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    Comp mode or "classic mode" whatever you guys will end up calling it, wondering if its possible to disable supported position for this mode only.

Which means no supported in matches/scrims etc. raise that skill level son
    This would remove a skill cap against a specific definition of skill, but on the other hand you cut off the learning curve and skill requirements to deal with such supported gunners. Finally, removing such a weapon control feature because it is a hard mechanic shouldn't be a solution for AA. And it changes nothing if it might be easier for low skilled players to get high skilled players with such a supported position, especially because they are allowed to use them as well.
    -
    Maybe there are some adjustments needed on the mechanics behind it, but I can't judge this because I don't have much experience as supported gunner or maybe server-sided option could be a solition, but no hardcoded removal in a gamemode.
    cK^KILL@ wrote: »
    Have you ever met Son? Probably not since he's not American but here you go, comp player without HUD: https://www.youtube.com/user/CristiaanLit

However no HUD in competition seems pointless since it's about tactics and teamplay rather than individual skill.
    For me this definition underlies also a straitened vision on the term of teamplay, because I would say it is also an indicator of good teamplay if everyone knows where the teammates are even without such a HUD. But I agree there is more awareness, communication and skill needed for that.
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    Hardcore was different, probably too much.... classic mode will be based on current Comp settings, I mean there was a post about what settings to use in this mode already..I just wanted to ask if this was possible to add to those settings.
    I was too less different for me, it was just a collection of some enforced server-settings. A classic mode should be more different than hardcore ever was, even with slower crouch movement speed or bipods, while forcing this game more into a AA2 playstyle.
    Well, even though I'm playing with the HUD there is no need for me to use the radar to know where my teammates are in a scrim/match with my team. I mainly use it for the directions if I don't know them by heart for some maps.

Nothing is more tactical then your own eyes and ears and the voice commands of team.. takes it too a whole new level... but then again I'm a shack tactical ARMA player... they make fun of me for my AA love :(

FYI Full Map Toggle.....

********Bam4D********

Bam4D wrote: »

Nothing is more tactical then your own eyes and ears and the voice commands of team.. takes it too a whole new level... but then again I'm a shack tactical ARMA player... they make fun of me for my AA love :(

FYI Full Map Toggle.....

You can do that with or without a HUD, doesn't matter. If your team communication doesn't allow you to play without a HUD you and your team should work on it.
    Conclusion: Forcing some no HUD rule wouldn't change anything for current competition and probably scare away some new teams that the competition relies on at the moment.
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    Doba I agree with you if nothing is going to change with supported fire would love to have the option to disable it server side.
    I love supported... great addition to AA .... Don't understand PROS wanting to take out everything that challenges them? Think they are looking for a point , click, advance game-play style with no real challenge to that style.

********Bam4D********

edited May 2015
    Because no recoil, only showing the head (while the model on the supported position isn't even facing the right direction) positions that are only effective for the defense side are so much about skill and game balance.

+1 for an option to restrict it.
    I support, SUPPORTED!!! Don't be lame, learn the game!! And it's great on assault and defense... Next to take downs one of the greatest additions to AA, love it.

********Bam4D********