Five new YouTube videos (1080p)

[##]Trent_Steel[##]Trent_Steel Posts: 6Player
edited May 2015 in General Discussion
Hello everyone,
I just uploaded 5 new videos to YouTube showing some game play from my favorite maps in AA:PG:
-> AA:PG - Crossfire & Misc. FLO
-> AA:PG - Intercept & Watchdog
-> AA:PG - Lockdown & Shadowstep
-> AA:PG - Siege & Outer Hospital
-> AA:PG - Springstreet & Misc. Beta
I hope you like them! You are also more than welcome to view all my previous AA:PG videos of course and I plan to release a new video tomorrow.
- Trent Steel
YG3xOfa.png

Comments

• SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    [TOS Violation], watching this made me want to make some video myself.
  • [##]Trent_Steel[##]Trent_Steel Posts: 6Player
    edited May 2015
    I hope that means you liked them cK^KILL! :) And I also hope you do make more videos like you said. But it's a lot of work... Spent several months recording game play (I only play during the weekend) and I just spent the last 8 hours sorting through it all, editing them and adding annotations on YouTube. And after all the hard work it makes me a little sad that YouTube reduces the quality (bitrate) of my videos... :(
    YG3xOfa.png
    Well, I don't really have any other excuse than being lazy. I literally have about 1TB of footage but I was too lazy to watch everything again just to see what's good enough for a video, some of those videos are still on a harddrive that's in my old computer and I didn't take the time yet to copy them on an external disk.
    The editing time was always fine for me, only the first montage took me alot of time but it would probably take me longer in general if I knew how to properly edit.
    As for the quality, what are you recording with? If you are using shadowplay try rendering in 60FPS, maybe that'll make you feel better.
    edited May 2015
    Heh, I know what you mean. I literally had over 1000 mp4 files to go through. Yes, I do use Shadowplay and I edit and render with with Camtasia Studio 8. The quality is very good when viewed on my computer but not so much on YouTube. They reduce the quality so it's hard to make out the names of players for example. I'll try 60 fps for my next video but I don't think it will make any difference... You can see the original video quality here if you are interested: https://volafile.io/r/WxV4tz (save files, don't try to stream them)
    YG3xOfa.png
  • .sauce.sauce Posts: 308Player
    cK^KILL@ wrote: »
    Well, I don't really have any other excuse than being lazy. I literally have about 1TB of footage but I was too lazy to watch everything again just to see what's good enough for a video, some of those videos are still on a harddrive that's in my old computer and I didn't take the time yet to copy them on an external disk.
    The editing time was always fine for me, only the first montage took me alot of time but it would probably take me longer in general if I knew how to properly edit.
    As for the quality, what are you recording with? If you are using shadowplay try rendering in 60FPS, maybe that'll make you feel better.

That boom headshot video you have is a lot of fun to watch, probably the best I've seen all around (music gets a little annoying but it fits the concept). I'm sure THAT editing was far from lazy. In my case, I generally forget to hit the record hotkey for shadowplay let alone edit video in time with music.

Nice videos trent, glad to see people putting stuff out there.
    Hello sir, excellent accuracy.

LETS GO PENS
    Thanks, yeah that video was the only one I spent alot of time on especially with synching everything since it's more than 40 headshot I think. Not really happy with the other two montages I've done and also not sure if I should use public only comp only or a mix of those but I guess someone will always complain anyway. Also wonder if I should use music and if so which kind of music. Kinda feel like the communication would be nice for comp clips, so maybe only music in the background or no music at all.
    There is definitely alot of things to consider since I really want to make good videos and I don't want to upload videos that I don't like myself but I'll try a sniper montage next I think. Wonder if anyone is interested in sniper montages since I think they are boring compared to M4/M16 clips but we'll see.

But yeah, definitely great to see someone uploading videos, really missing some good content still.
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    edited May 2015
    Personally I like faint music in the background but still hear the in game part..or a mix of both.. editing to match song with shots obviously takes time..a nice touch for the overall feel but not nessissary. I prefer quality shots over music matching...seems a lot of videos are just random pub kills.. the Boom video was not .another reason why it was good

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
    Interesting to hear that since the criticism I got for that video was that it's just public and against bad players.
  • .sauce.sauce Posts: 308Player
    Personally I'm a fan of non-standard music for videos. Rap, electronic seem to be the common choice but to me they are boring and don't add anything to the video other than noise. In that sense, I really enjoy Dragon's videos. Some strange musical composition that runs counter to the violence, that kind of thing, adds an element of humor and/or irony to the scene. I think I would probably try to find some sort of classical piece if I made a video.

As far as pub vs comp, it depends on the production really. If you put little time into the cutting/transitions/music and it's obvious you are just trying to show off how good you are, then calling your competition into question isn't unreasonable, but if you DO spend a lot of time putting it together and care goes into the production a good video is a good video.
    Hello sir, excellent accuracy.

LETS GO PENS
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    yeah skilled shot is a skilled shot, they can happen anywhere and vs anyone. Vast majority of videos aren't skilled shots just random spray a lot of times against unaware enemies..lol..

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
    Also wondering what people think about colors, can look nice tbh even though I personally prefer original game colors. While this might not be the best video gameplay-wise it's interesting editing-wise imo: https://youtube.com/watch?v=yAtXEO-2h_E
    .sauce wrote: »
    Nice videos trent, glad to see people putting stuff out there.
    cK^KILL@ wrote: »
    But yeah, definitely great to see someone uploading videos, really missing some good content still.
    Thanks guys, glad to hear it's appreciated since I spent a considerable amount of time putting it together :) As for the other discussions going on in this thread I personally prefer clean videos with no special music, colors or anything. And I also do prefer footage from pro matches ie. clan scrims, but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy footage from public games because like =IK=Doba= said: A skilled shot is a skilled shot :)

YG3xOfa.png