Game Update Notes (28 Jan 2016)

Comments

• -pR|Arkeiro-pR|Arkeiro Posts: 738Player
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    "This day and age".....like everyone has access to good internet. No offense, but you have no idea what it's like in some places!

True, but waiting isnt to bad.

Over 1.1k Golden Hawkeyes.
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    hi i got problem whit the new update:( when player come to me Close i got bug or like that.when i fire all my clips i be in singel fire shot??also at my frags cant hold it and wait 5 sec.

I had a logitech g500 mouse do this to me. I would be shooting and it would randomly stop. I would pull a flash and it would randomly release. I went on youtube looking for a fix found a fix work for a few days then I went and got a g500s no problems at all since.

Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

• IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    I saw a friendly on "up and over" in Inner Hosp shoot and kill an enemy that was behind those anchor walls in Lobby with a shotgun. The enemy must have been very low in health to suffer a critical hit from the shotty at that distance? Yes? No?
    googley avatar aapg

• [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,176Player
    edited January 2016
    Yes, I've been on the receiving end of a shotgun at range, whilst having only low health. Damage drop offs are quite severe on the shotty, coupled with spread.. its almost entirely a luck shot on a low health dude when you pull it off. You generally just point and click hoping for the best. You could argue its insane he even tried the shot.. I'm no expert in its use but there's a certain point (distance) where you just know pulling the pistol is the better option.

I'd be willing to bet that people on the server called foul play? or at the very least said the weapon was OP.. right? if not they were thinking it.

I'm actually quite curious why there have been mentions of the Shotgun being a good pick and is now a popular choice.. especially since the past couple patches we have had? I've seen two people use it since Christmas, one of them is me. I think when people get killed by it, they find it very frustrating to the point they must have a good moan about its place in the game, yet its forgivable and widely accepted to get killed by a M4.. :lol:
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    edited January 2016
    The shotgun is at minimum damage past 24m. At or beyond 24m, base damage is 16. Each pellet to the head is 16 damage. Each pellet to upper torso / arms is 10 damage. I'd guess the benches are probably around that distance.

It's pretty easy to imagine two pellets to face or three to arms to one-shot a revived player at that range with a well-placed shot.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,530Beta Tester
    But does it still take only one pellet to kill you if it connects with your head?
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    But does it still take only one pellet to kill you if it connects with your head?
    Nope. Hits to the head only instantly kill if they cause more than 100 damage, not because of anything special about getting hit there.

Each gun has a base damage value. For the M4, it's 46. Same for each shotgun pellet. That number gets reduced based on distance to target and then multiplied based on where it hits in the body.

For rifles, the headshot multiplier is 4x, so at point blank the M4 does 184 damage. At long range, the M4 base value drops to 26, but the 4x multiplier means it still does 104 damage to the head (enough for a one-hit kill).

The shotguns don't get a headshot multiplier at all. Pellets to the head deal base damage scaled by the range modifier.
    FunPolice wrote: »
    Our January update is focused on fixing known bugs and preparing for our content update next month.

Oh looky.. It's next month already :mrgreen:

• TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    ugh-youre-the-worst.gif
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

Tots's real feels:
    sYquW0y.gif
    edited February 2016
    Saccho wrote: »
    The shotgun is at minimum damage past 24m. At or beyond 24m, base damage is 16. Each pellet to the head is 16 damage. Each pellet to upper torso / arms is 10 damage. I'd guess the benches are probably around that distance.

It's pretty easy to imagine two pellets to face or three to arms to one-shot a revived player at that range with a well-placed shot.

I was on top of fire house roof and went on top of the sign I was 1 shotin my teammates who were just spawning and running by all @ 100%HP I was aiming on their head but still that's a crazy distance for one shot kills. It is also why it is the best gun in the game. I will continue owning your players with it devs so thank you for making the shotgun overpowered. Wait till you try the AMR sight boys it makes it even easier.

• -Ner0--Ner0- Posts: 1,566Player
    hmm.. maybe I should try it, haven't shoot one single shot with it after release.
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
    edited February 2016
    .dc-colts^ wrote: »

I was on top of fire house roof and went on top of the sign I was 1 shotin my teammates who were just spawning and running by all @ 100%HP I was aiming on their head but still that's a crazy distance for one shot kills. It is also why it is the best gun in the game. I will continue owning your players with it devs so thank you for making the shotgun overpowered. Wait till you try the AMR sight boys it makes it even easier.

You shouldn't be 1 shotting teammates in the head, just saying :mrgreen:

Lets not kid anybody here, if it was the best gun in the game, everyone would be using it instead of M4. I can't tell if your being sarcastic or you just don't like the weapon because of it's luck over skill nature.

I'd like to see a video of this OP Shotgun. Not up close cqb stuff, as lets face it, that's what its good at.. but rather long range 1 shot kills, something along the lines of what you describe Colts.. even better if unedited, with chained kills, ya know.. like a good M4 round. Done in a Pub maybe, where things don't always go to plan.

Lets see one of them? nah, I don't hold much hope. Not only that, it's a lot of trouble to go to, make someone use something they don't like to prove a point, it's just easier if people were to take someone by their word I understand that.

• CrushmasterCrushmaster Posts: 496Player
    I have almost 700 shotgun kills, so I think I'm pretty qualified to speak on the subject. It's not easy to use and, in fact, the hit reg is really bad sometimes. I've even seen a dev complain about that, so it seems to be a real issue. lel

The range is sometimes impressive, but often it's downright awful and you can't get a kill with it no matter how well you line it up. It's mainly for dealing with people at low health.
  • Yato^Yato^ Posts: 103Player
    The shotgun is far from OP, it's area of use is so limited that only a fool would call it OP. They're actually really easy to play against since they have such an obvious weakness.
    edited February 2016
    .dc-colts^ wrote: »

You shouldn't be 1 shotting teammates in the head, just saying :mrgreen:

Lets not kid anybody here, if it was the best gun in the game, everyone would be using it instead of M4. I can't tell if your being sarcastic or you just don't like the weapon because of it's luck over skill nature.

I'd like to see a video of this OP Shotgun. Not up close cqb stuff, as lets face it, that's what its good at.. but rather long range 1 shot kills, something along the lines of what you describe Colts.. even better if unedited, with chained kills, ya know.. like a good M4 round. Done in a Pub maybe, where things don't always go to plan.

Lets see one of them? nah, I don't hold much hope. Not only that, it's a lot of trouble to go to, make someone use something they don't like to prove a point, it's just easier if people were to take someone by their word I understand that.

yawwwn ill get right on that unisol not a problem. Just so you know I join a server start using shotgun eventually half the server is using it or more.

Waiting for next excuse after videos been posted "oh you just have a good shot so obviously you do good with it"

That's part of my point, it don't matter how good your shot is, your ability aint in question here bro.. ones ability to be consistent and prove OP-ness, with an inconsistent weapon is :)

I'll be first to hold up my hands and agree when/if you make one :)

edited February 2016
    That's part of my point, it don't matter how good your shot is, your ability aint in question here bro.. ones ability to be consistent and prove OP-ness, with an inconsistent weapon is :)

I'll be first to hold up my hands and agree when/if you make one :)

One who only has 100 kills with a weapon should not be judging weapon opness. One who has no weapon skins should not be judging opness.
    I have almost 700 shotgun kills, so I think I'm pretty qualified to speak on the subject. It's not easy to use and, in fact, the hit reg is really bad sometimes. I've even seen a dev complain about that, so it seems to be a real issue. lel

The range is sometimes impressive, but often it's downright awful and you can't get a kill with it no matter how well you line it up. It's mainly for dealing with people at low health.

One who averages a 1.32 kill death ratio is clearly unable to judge weapon opness. I didn't see you running around headshotting players across the map when the pistol was OP in open beta did I?
    The shotgun is far from OP, it's area of use is so limited that only a fool would call it OP. They're actually really easy to play against since they have such an obvious weakness.

One who only has 200 kills on a weapon should not be judging its opness.

But please everyone continue to act like they know what they are talking about.

BTW: at 100/500 kills for shotgun challenge I had 15/20 hawkeyes.

Ah, well never mind.. forget the video as I said. Not worth the hassle.

Just to let you know, I've used the Shotgun probably a whole lot more than you have over the years, just not on the game account that your in depth analysis of my stats has failed on.

Ah, well never mind.. forget the video as I said. Not worth the hassle.

Just to let you know, I've used the Shotgun probably a whole lot more than you have over the years, just not on the game account that your in depth analysis of my stats has failed on.

Thats cool did you know the shotgun got buffed at full release? Or are you just here to act like you know what your talking about?