TeamWarfare is Back!

TWL|MrInevitabilityTWL|MrInevitability Posts: 28Player
edited January 2016 in eSports
You read it right, TWL is back... and we're under new management. Gone are the days of anyone paying for anything. We're back to our roots, community based gaming, for you, by you. We're building everything from scratch. Check us out at http://www.teamwarfare.com

We are in need of volunteers to help us do everything from web design to script coding, and of course game admins and news staff. Our goal is to have our ladder/league script completed by the end of Q1 2016. In the meantime, we invite you to join our new forums, discuss gaming, and build the community back to what it was.

We're also hosting a pub night. More on that here - http://forum.americasarmy.com/discussion/4403/teamwarfare-pub-night-this-friday-1-29-2016-2100-est#latest

We look forward to seeing you! Any questions, feel free to post here or PM me on TWL's website.

TWL| Mr. Inevitability - Game Admin
"TeamWarfare - Community Based Gaming."
TWL| Mr. Inevitability
"TeamWarfare - Community Based Gaming"

Comments

• TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    Welcome back! Love the idea of your pub night, good stuff.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• FunPolice wrote: »
    Welcome back! Love the idea of your pub night, good stuff.
    Thank you sir. We're glad to be back and look forward to supporting the AA:PG community with the same great ladders, leagues, and tournaments they were used to in AA 2.8.5.

We'd love to have you join us tomorrow night as well! We're always interested in shooting the "fun police" :wink: :D
    TWL| Mr. Inevitability
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    Count me in
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• FunPolice wrote: »
    Count me in
    Awesome news! We look forward to seeing you there.
    TWL| Mr. Inevitability
  • iDK.ArkeiroiDK.Arkeiro Posts: 775Player
    Great news! Welcome back! I'm in.

Over 2k Golden Hawkeyes.
  • `xinoN`xinoN Posts: 359Player
    Great news. Welcome back TWL.
    Oh well.
  • Hope to see you all tomorrow, check out the link below for more information!

http://forum.americasarmy.com/discussion/4403/teamwarfare-pub-night-this-friday-1-29-2016-2100-est#latest
    TWL| Mr. Inevitability
  • -=}WoLvErInE{=--=}WoLvErInE{=- Posts: 1,169Player
    Welcome back! :+1:
  • -hyperlite--hyperlite- Posts: 104Player
    Great to see that TWL is back

As a member since 2001 I had always thought was the go to place for the AA series, especially in the early days. I was an admin and competition manager there for a number of years. During open beta I became an admin again with Mulgarus in hopes of restoring the glory of what TWL used to have before the transition to VonSock.

So my questions are this.

What is so different now then any current league we have for aapg. Fragged Nation, Fgnleague, and ESL.

VonSock ran TWL into the ground and annihilated it after Polaris and Tristan sold it off because they just no longer had the time and desire to run it. How are the new owners going to attract people to play there and prove that TWL is going to stick around this time? Will there be any incentives?

Easily the most distiguished part of TWL was CDC. What I would consider the best anti-cheet Americas Army had at any point during it series. A client that was made specifically for AA. Why should players now join that league or ladders when there is no anti-cheet. There is no distinguiable difference between TWL and any other site, as everyone is running no A/C.

Mavric who is the head of A/C, or atleast was, has always said he needs money to make an A/C client happen. What plans do you have for AC. Because as I see it you have an AC manager with no A/C. And last i recall he wasnt always "on top" of things. The only viable A/C I see you being able to do is the worthless and corrupt ACI site. Hydra who is the original founder of CDC , and is listed as a developer on your site. What is his role?

I still have copies off all the old rules for the AA series in html on my pc. I see that the site does not have much up and the progress has been slow the last 5 months. Should you want a copy of it feel free to message me.
  • We're glad it's back too. Everything asked below are excellent questions, which I will answer to the best of my ability underneath them.

1. What is so different now then any current league we have for aapg. Fragged Nation, Fgnleague, and ESL.

--Very simply put... what made and still makes TWL great is the people of our community. We're run by volunteers. People who dedicate their time and are uniquely invested for nothing more than a "thank you." The admins are dedicated to doing it right and the Senior Staff are dedicated to supporting them. We want to be connected with our community. We're not some higher power that's there to send down rulings... we're members of the gaming community that want to make great competition fun and achievable.

I encourage you to apply to be an admin again and help build the community. People like you are what helped TWL achieve it's reputation... we need more of that. More people willing to step up and say they wish to be the difference in competitive gaming..

2. VonSock ran TWL into the ground and annihilated it after Polaris and Tristan sold it off because they just no longer had the time and desire to run it. How are the new owners going to attract people to play there and prove that TWL is going to stick around this time? Will there be any incentives?

-- VonSock did indeed run TWL into the ground. We are officially VonSock-less in TWL 2.1. The new owners are all previous admins from the old days. We're committed to making TWL about what TWL was about, our community. We have fresh ideas flying on the admin side of the forums for ways we can do this. Much of it can't be released at this time because it's all a work in progress, but I assure you... you've not seen a more dedicated group of individuals than what you have currently. First and foremost, we're not asking you to pay... for anything. TWL was and should always be free.

The rest of what I can tell you is we are working hard to do a ton of community outreach. We're going to be hosting many "pub nights" with clans in our community. The admins have the games and we're going to come in and let you shoot us. What better way to take out your aggression than to shoot the admins?! We'd like to eventually do prizes and random drawings at these events, but that may take some time.

As for incentives... we promise nothing. We certainly won't be paying people to play, though down the road if we can re-develop the relationships, we'd like to have sponsored tournaments and leagues as we did in days past.

3. Easily the most distiguished part of TWL was CDC. What I would consider the best anti-cheet Americas Army had at any point during it series. A client that was made specifically for AA. Why should players now join that league or ladders when there is no anti-cheet. There is no distinguiable difference between TWL and any other site, as everyone is running no A/C.

Mavric who is the head of A/C, or atleast was, has always said he needs money to make an A/C client happen. What plans do you have for AC. Because as I see it you have an AC manager with no A/C. And last i recall he wasnt always "on top" of things. The only viable A/C I see you being able to do is the worthless and corrupt ACI site. Hydra who is the original founder of CDC , and is listed as a developer on your site. What is his role?

--MavRic is now in engineering and Scratch is our anti-cheat admin. The long and short of it is this: CDC is gone. My understanding when coming on board is the server crash took everything. To develop a new anti-cheat, we have to hire someone to do it and the current estimate was somewhere between $5,000-$10,000. That's a whole lotta moola we don't have. What we're currently working towards is finding volunteers willing to donate their time and code something for us. Our intent is to do everything possible to bring another proprietary system to games like AA.

Before we can develop an anti-cheat, we have to have somewhere for folks to compete. The ladders/leagues have taken full priority at this point. Our goal is to have them done by the end of Q1 (that's March 31st for the non-business types). However, we can't promise anything. It takes a lot of work, time, testing, and effort that is being done by a 100% volunteer group. We're going to do everything we can for our community and the games we support, but it all takes time.

To my knowledge, Hydra is helping code. I will get a better and more in-depth answer on this from the senior staff and will be in touch with you about it.

4. I still have copies off all the old rules for the AA series in html on my pc. I see that the site does not have much up and the progress has been slow the last 5 months. Should you want a copy of it feel free to message me.

--That would be great. Feel free to add me to steam or contact me on the TWL forums. I'll also message you here.
    TWL| Mr. Inevitability
  • -TsC-Deano_m_-TsC-Deano_m_ Posts: 18Beta Tester
    sounds pretty awesome . i'll rally the clan . :)
  • sounds pretty awesome . i'll rally the clan . :)
    Make sure to notify ListerFiend. ;)
    TWL| Mr. Inevitability
  • Bl4ckBartBl4ckBart Posts: 6Player
    Why is age a req. when registering?

Instant Messaging seem a bit old, I would stick to Skype and Steam only. Who uses ICQ these days?

I changed my forum skin to Mobile, which is horrible btw, just to see the differences, and now I can't access General anymore to change it back? That page doesn't work apparently. Fix it pls.

Killjoy^ was here!
  • Killjoy^ wrote: »
    Why is age a req. when registering?
    Some of that is vBulletin and not us.

Instant Messaging seem a bit old, I would stick to Skype and Steam only. Who uses ICQ these days?
    Again... vBulletin.

I changed my forum skin to Mobile, which is horrible btw, just to see the differences, and now I can't access General anymore to change it back? That page doesn't work apparently. Fix it pls.
    I'll pass this up the chain.

TWL| Mr. Inevitability
  • Lone_GunmanLone_Gunman Posts: 47Player
    Good to see that you guys are trying to revive TWL. It was really fun partisipating in your ladders back in the day. Not to be negative but with out CDC, TWL just like any of the other ladders/events going on now, don't appeal to me. ACI is a joke and without a dedicated anticheat I'll stick to pug non competitive play.
  • -hyperlite--hyperlite- Posts: 104Player
    Demorec lies in the eyes of the beholder. Not just anybody can review a demo and know what is and isnt capable. You should know that.
  • K!Dz.applePIEK!Dz.applePIE Posts: 1,050Player
    SSKnecabo wrote: »
    Demorec anyone?

That coming from you.. Kappa
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    If you're smart enough to use it properly, forgot about that part. All the crying for an ac that'll just be there to make people feel safe regardless of if it's actually working or not. Man up and play, stop hiding behind excuses.
  • K!Dz.applePIEK!Dz.applePIE Posts: 1,050Player
    Lol so you are saying we do not need AC.. cos nothing will work, and suggest demorec but cry somewhere else that its bugged to prove anything.. yes kappa you are so smart I love it