ESL NA Semi-Finals, Game 1: iog vs con! Tonight. 17-May, 9PM EST

SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
edited May 2015 in eSports
Watch live at twitch.tv/bcpull! (Just 2 hours away!)

Comments

• SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    Support timeshifted content!

Congratulations to team Instruments of God and good luck in the finals!

Match analysis and comments? Post 'em. Predictions for nx/i9? Let's hear 'em.
  • KhaInTaaKhaInTaa Posts: 59Player
    come on con! gt everyone hope iog da best!
  • i9.america+i9.america+ Posts: 29Player
    Anyone want to explain longwills quick swap?
    61439619629.png
    IceNine Gaming | FGN League AC Admin
  • -longwill.iog--longwill.iog- Posts: 7Player
    bind a key to your gun scroll and press that key at the same time. gives you double damage.
  • .dcG-ccoR^.dcG-ccoR^ Posts: 84Player
    coN[krux] wrote: »
    Anyone want to explain longwills quick swap?

Enemy button spam will do that to you. lol
    So like a macro?
    61439619629.png
    is a macro required to use a scroll wheel with one hand and press a single key with the other?
    So a double bind increases the rate of which you can swap weapons?
    61439619629.png
    Is it done in game or is it with a mouse program...
    61439619629.png
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    Double binds are not allowed in ESL btw, just saying.
    edited May 2015
    As far as I can tell, this is done without any sort of "double bind". I can perform a quick swap just by binding an action to the "Equip Primary" key in the in-game controls (unbound by default), scrolling with mouse wheel, and simultaneously pressing whatever key I bound to Equip Primary.

Assuming the "double damage" bit was minor trolling, I don't see anything particularly illegit here so far.
    edited May 2015
    You can argue that it's bugusing I guess but that decision is up to the ESL admins. Fun Fact: EU ESL admins allowed the sniper rapid fire bug (that's why admins shouldn't be allowed to be players as well but that's another topic I guess).
  • Dem@nDem@n Posts: 564Player
    edited May 2015
    whats a sniper rapid fire bug,do you mean m14 /m16/pistol rapid fire mouse macro?
    edited May 2015
    The bug is fixed already but it is this one:
    Was used last cup in a streamed semi-finals match, pretty sad for competition tbh.

Edit: Link seems to not work, bug is at 3 mins.
  • SSKbartSSKbart Posts: 125Player
    cK^KILL@ wrote: »
    You can argue that it's bugusing I guess but that decision is up to the ESL admins. Fun Fact: EU ESL admins allowed the sniper rapid fire bug (that's why admins shouldn't be allowed to be players as well but that's another topic I guess).
    We never allowed it, and I would've awarded the round to the other team for that.
    SNLSTB.Bart^
    SSKbart wrote: »
    cK^KILL@ wrote: »
    We never allowed it, and I would've awarded the round to the other team for that.

You didn't, someone else did though. I can't prove it because I wasn't the one messaging him about the bug, talk to sunvon, he'll confirm you that he indeed contacted an admin and the response was that the bug is too minor to be restricted.
    The bottom line is, bug/exploit or NAH.
    61439619629.png
    Still bugusing IMO since it's certainly reducing the switch time and certainly isn't intended that way. It's a minor bug but I don't think distinguishing bugs is smart for competition.
    There are some bugs like pixelwalking that you can't/shouldn't really restrict but everything else shouldn't be allowed in my opinion at least.
    I don't see how it is possibly a bug or an exploit it is simply binding a key in the options menu and pressing it. There is zero tactical advantage, i just enjoy doing it because it keeps my fingers loose and is a habit from other games that use that control setup by default i.e. counter strike.