X-Files (2016 TV Premier)

IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
The new X-Files will be on FOX right after the NFC Playoff game on Sunday 9pm CST. I think this is only a 6 (1 hour) episode series. I want to believe.... it will be good. But they are so old looking.
googley avatar aapg

Comments

• TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    I've watched some pre release documentary stuff and I'm super excited.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• Twitchr.Carbon8Twitchr.Carbon8 Posts: 288Player
    Super excited as well. I was a child when the original came out, but re watched all with some chums about 7 years ago freshmen year at college
  • Root-AccessRoot-Access Posts: 510Player
    I've been waiting a really long time for X-Files to be revived. I watched it all the time when I was a kid with my father and really loved it.

Here's hoping the tv series will be good. :)

ss_4_Root-Access.png
    "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it." — Jefferson Davis
    Just watched the tv show. Thought it was amazing! I could have done with less anti-Conservative sentiments pushed through the mouth piece of a "hardcore Conservative who indiscriminately hates Liberals and government" but whatever, it is still a great season opener!

I got goosebumps from the intro song...man it brings back memories!

ss_4_Root-Access.png
    "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it." — Jefferson Davis
  • IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    I agree. A great opener. Just get right to the point and let us know where the story is heading. Skinner looked like he never aged a day. Only bad thing is I thought this was a 6 'week' event. 2nd episode comes on tonight and 2 hours earlier... ouch! Be warned!
    googley avatar aapg

I thought this was going to be a short run 6 episode mini-series but its been playing like the old series. Not that I'm complaining but I'd like to know who vaporized the pregnant girl in episode 1.
    googley avatar aapg

edited February 2016
    IO_i_OI wrote: »
    I thought this was going to be a short run 6 episode mini-series but its been playing like the old series. Not that I'm complaining but I'd like to know who vaporized the pregnant girl in episode 1.

Well, personally I'd wager it was the government/the agency working with the alien technology. The same people behind the Roswell crash in the first episode.

ss_4_Root-Access.png
    Tonight's show looks unrelated to the last episode or the first episode at least for the most part. I'm wondering if the last episode (season finale) is going to tie in to all the other episodes??
    googley avatar aapg

• weakness_aaweakness_aa Posts: 143Player
    I have to voice here, episode 3 of the new 2016 series was simply the worst X Files episode ever. Reminded me of a cheesy 70's swamp thing movie.....
  • Bam4DBam4D Posts: 976Player
    Phoning it in... Mr. Robot is the new SU:/media/x/files

********Bam4D********

BE ALL (THAT) YOU CAN BE!

________Army 1980_________

I have to voice here, episode 3 of the new 2016 series was simply the worst X Files episode ever. Reminded me of a cheesy 70's swamp thing movie.....

It wasn't terrible/the worst, it just had too much cheese and humor. lol I think it was a "special"...or I hope it was.

ss_4_Root-Access.png
    I did not like that episode either. I am wondering what that has to do with "this" series other than to poke fun at the whole Conspiracy Theory idea?

When they said a "6 Episode Special Event", I thought there would be a new beginning and an ending. That last episode moved the story line nowhere.
    googley avatar aapg

edited February 2016
    Season Finale tonight.

Looks like we go back to finish Episode 1. I guess the other episodes were just to give a taste of what the original series was?
    googley avatar aapg

Well, that was a big disappointment. Even my 12 yr old son let out a big "sigh" at the end. Obviously, they pushed too much story into 42 minutes and forgot how to make a good ending. :s
    googley avatar aapg