Colony (new series on USA Network)

IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
edited January 2016 in R&R
I watched the premier episode and enjoyed it. Star of Lost meets semi-star of TWD.
googley avatar aapg

Comments

• [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,165Player
    Between you and me.. through the wonder of the internet, the tiny Island on that of which I reside on earth.. will see this exclusive to USA show, come what may! then I will proceed to spoil it for my fellow island buddies on certain popular social media sites if the show ever lands here officially, mainly just because I'm an as.... like that and because I can in retaliation to distinctly remembering a certain group of close football (soccer) playing friends extending me such gratitude over the Sons of Anarchy TV show before I had even laid eyes on it.. safe to say, I don't play football no more! :mrgreen:

Looks good.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    edited January 2016
    Between you and me.. through the wonder of the internet, the tiny Island on that of which I reside on earth.. will see this exclusive to USA show, come what may! then I will proceed to spoil it for my fellow island buddies on certain popular social media sites if the show ever lands here officially, mainly just because I'm an as.... like that and because I can in retaliation to distinctly remembering a certain group of close football (soccer) playing friends extending me such gratitude over the Sons of Anarchy TV show before I had even laid eyes on it.. safe to say, I don't play football no more! :mrgreen:

Looks good.

This sounds similar to how I felt about Broadchurch's North American broadcast as Gracepoint.
  • IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    I won't spoil it for you, Uni, but the the first show is quite gritty and they already threw in a plot twist on the first episode. I hope it becomes a hit.
    googley avatar aapg

This series is looking dang good!
    googley avatar aapg

• .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,972Player
    edited February 2016
    Liking it so far I'm really wondering what the arrival might be exactly. Aliens? what do you think?
    Also since it's on USA Network it has a good chance of sticking around. If this was one of the major tv show networks like FOX, NBC, ABC, CBS this show probably wouldn't be sticking around. Surprised its on USA and not TNT or AMC.
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

edited February 2016
    Maybe USA needed a Hit for a change. There was already talk of the arrival of "aliens" in the series who built the wall and created the drones but those comments were quick and only mentioned once. Other than that was the giant blue lightning flash that was mentioned as being a "launch" and how the launches were getting "bigger".

I think that's all they want us to know about it. Just like what is the "factory" and who manages it? The real story is not about the aliens but how people would react under occupation. Sort of like France in WWII.

I don't remember seeing a Viewer Discretion warning at the beginning of the show but it was a good thing my son didn't see that bathroom scene... so be warned!
    googley avatar aapg

edited February 2016
    Last night's show was great. Just when you wanted a character dead the Colony comes through. I wish TWD would use this same gusto instead of teetering for weeks on who is going to die next.

Season 2 has been picked up by the USA Network, so if this show stays on track then we'll have another winner!
    googley avatar aapg

• [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,165Player
    So yeah,
    It's took me a while but I'm kinda catching up with it (just got 4th episode to watch later) and watching them back to back I have to say they did seem to get a little repetitive on the whole "you need to go get more intel from your hubby, or else" kinda thing.. which didn't really take away from my enjoyment of watching something new. I do like the whole dynamic that he's working for the people she's working against, creates a quite refreshing tension and there's the whole who in the [TOS Violation] are "arrival" and what is and goes down in the "Factory"..

overall though it's a good show.

Thanks for the heads up :mrgreen:
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.