Spectating admin

-ew.raw!^-ew.raw!^ Posts: 175Player
Can i somehow join my server just to do specating as an admin?
Without anyone knowing im in there.

1409304775_2240089.gif

AA2 2005 - 2015
AA:PG 2015-

Comments

• SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    Simple answer, no. You can join with different accounts but once you join aci protected servers your accounts will get linked eventually.
  • -ew.raw!^-ew.raw!^ Posts: 175Player
    Thats something they should bring from the AA2.
    1409304775_2240089.gif

AA2 2005 - 2015
  • SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    -ew.raw- wrote: »
    Thats something they should bring from the AA2.

Devs can spectate without showing up on the scoreboard so I wouldn't be surprised if that gets expanded to admins. They've definitely mentioned it in the past.

Like SSKnecabo suggests, though, you'd still show up to PunkBuster // via pb_plist.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,621Beta Tester
    Just call the account "AdminBot" and no one will expect it to be a real person....

:wink:
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    Disable demorec and join as demorec spectator. Only a few people will notice.
  • weakness_aaweakness_aa Posts: 149Player
    This is possible with a few side effects. You will be kicked when the map rotates and you will see some server messages not normally seen. I figured out how to do it in about 20 minutes. I'm sure others can too...
  • -TGA-PsycoGreg-TGA-PsycoGreg Posts: 3Player
    How can I join as a DemoRec Spectator??
  • SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    edited January 2016
    How can I join as a DemoRec Spectator??

He meant change your character's name to "Demorec Spectator". During beta, if demorec was enabled for the server, an extra "player" would show up in the spectator list with that name. Now, that doesn't happen.
  • weakness_aaweakness_aa Posts: 149Player
    Steps to accomplish this task (with error messages displayed in console and being kicked on map rotate)

Login to Steam
    Start AAPG
    DO NOT LOGIN
    Choose Play Offline
    Launch Game
    Open Console
    Connect to server with this command (be sure to use your server x.x.x.x ip and server admin password)
    open x.x.x.x?name=Admin?Password=Server Password

It will report that you have been kicked but the message is false. You will be kicked on Map rotation.
    Reconnect to server using command above. This has worked for me. Anyone else trying this method, please post your results below.....
  • -ew.raw!^-ew.raw!^ Posts: 175Player
    nice. I will try that one.
    1409304775_2240089.gif

AA2 2005 - 2015
  • Bashar_al-AssadBashar_al-Assad Posts: 580Player
    Steps to accomplish this task (with error messages displayed in console and being kicked on map rotate)

Login to Steam
    Start AAPG
    DO NOT LOGIN
    Choose Play Offline
    Launch Game
    Open Console
    Connect to server with this command (be sure to use your server x.x.x.x ip and server admin password)
    open x.x.x.x?name=Admin?Password=Server Password

It will report that you have been kicked but the message is false. You will be kicked on Map rotation.
    Reconnect to server using command above. This has worked for me. Anyone else trying this method, please post your results below.....

How do I logout of my AAPG account? I mean when I start the game it automatically logs in as it is set to "automatically login". How do I uncheck that?
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,621Beta Tester
    In the top right corner of the Launcher is a little dropdown arrow with some options in there.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.