-=}WoLvErInE{=--=}WoLvErInE{=- Posts: 1,129Beta Tester
edited January 2016 in Mission Editor
Crossfire Competition Version

Change log: Jan 10th 2016 -
* Removed all ambient sound. Left all original re-verb volumes
* Removed all decals.
* Removed enemy spotted.
* Removed all supported positions.
* Removed all debris from terrain...rocks,grass,bushes,wood,cups,garbage..etc.
* Opened SE corner (Back Road)

*****Known Issue********

Right now the editor is bugged, and blocking volumes are missing from all stock maps and won't copy over. The know this, so hopefully it will get fixed soon. Please respect the boundaries and stay in the play area....stay away from unintended areas.

Remember this is to test the above things and not to spending time getting out of the map.

We can work on polishing everything else till we have the fix for the blocking volumes. If not, I will have to manually recreate all the volumes, but let's hope we get a fix before then. :-)

Please post any problems, issues, concerns, suggestions, improvements.....what ever comes to mind.....HERE!

Thank you and looking forward to your feedback!

Download:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=598131564

Comments

• =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    edited January 2016
    Sweet.. now if you can only remove slide and reloading while sprinting, that would be great :p

It's too bad all these things couldn't have been part of the current Comp mode

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • iNv|eKCommiNv|eKComm Posts: 394Player
    edited January 2016
    This one i think is a bit over done. There were only a couple legit complaints about the map prior to opt-in version that they released (the one where south was dumbed down).

The before the official redesign were these things..
    1. To many opportunities for grenade spams (Lack of cover in critical areas)
    2. too many supported lawlz

Other than that this was among the most balanced maps in the game in terms of rounds won on each side.

My suggestion is to take a step back on this. Start with the pre-dev redesigned version (the one with south open) and do your changes from there. (remove supported/garbage/ ect.)

Keep the colors. I don't think our goal should be to recreate. It should be to remove pointless variables, make the match play better, and ensure that strategy, good shooting, and awareness wins the match. Honor the map as it was created but tweak it to be better.
    2016 Flank Gaming Network Season 1 Champion
    2016 FraggedNation Season 4 Champion
    2015 FraggedNation Season 2 Main Champion
    2015 ESL Test Cup Second place
    2014 FraggedNation UMM Tournament Champion
    2014 FraggedNation Old School map Tournament Champion
    2014 TWL Season 1 Second Place
    2013 TWL 7v7 Beta Tournament Champion
    2013 TWL 5v5 Beta Tournament Second Place
  • SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    eKComm wrote: »
    Honor the map as it was created but tweak it to be better.

I don't understand this sentiment. You don't think, for example, ambient sounds were placed with consideration for their effects on gameplay? To intentionally limit a player's situational awareness in certain areas to force them to rely on allies to cover other angles on their behalf?
  • ddra-ddra- Posts: 453Player
    edited January 2016
    I too agree that we should take more of a Springstreet approach.

- Remove supported
    - Limit loudout
    - Remove enemy spotted
    - Remove one spam window
    - Clean up trash
    Fragmovie 6 | iNv Discord
    FGNL Season 1 Champions
    FN Season 2 & 4 Champions
  • -=}WoLvErInE{=--=}WoLvErInE{=- Posts: 1,129Beta Tester
    Yeah I spoke with colts last night about this whole thing. My only fear is not to go in circle here. When I ported this map, unlike SS. I was just playing around with the weapon loadouts it wasn't anything else.

Here is the one problem I see us having. There is too much info going on from many people. I know everyone is excited about making changes, and this can end up taking us into a loop.

So in talking to colts last night, I told him... If he can gather the info from everyone that has a say and we can compile one to do list and not have everyone adding there thoughts, and the only reason I say this is, it won't get us to where we wanna be if I keep putting things in and taking things out, like I said before, we'll in circles.

So moving forward, you guys can decide who leads the charge on gathering and compling this list for me. This we can make more progress.

I will port the original map tonight, and remove the same things I removed from SS.

Also please let me make this 100% clear.
    I'm willing to help anyone with what ever they won't. However, I will not except personal attacks on the original maps and how they were build or what was in them.

The comp community wants something bit different and I'm ok with that. But the original maps were made to be realistic, sounds, debris etc.

So please moving forward, let's just concentrate on the changed that work for you guys.

So look out for the original version tonight minus the things I took out of SS.
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    I am creating a panel of 8-10 guys or more who will decide together what to change on these maps. This way wolverine does not get confused and edit stuff anybody who posts in this thread tells him too. This way he does not go and make changes to maps and have to change them back later (Really a big waste of time). So this IMO is the best way to make these maps go smoothly and will help us get them all done much faster. So I am thinking 1-2 guys or so from each team capable of deciding what should be in a map and what shouldn't be.

My list so far: (You must be able to dedicate time to scrim the test maps and be there to disagree or agree with certain changes or change proposals.)
    Colts
    Nos
    Rokis
    Doba

Now just because I am doing this team does not mean you still cannot have a say in what happens on these maps! I just want you to do it differently than post in here. So if someone on your team is in the panel you give your feedback to them and they will bring it up with the rest of the guys. If no one on your team is in the panel than please take your feedback to one of the people on the panel. Remember this is so things can go smoothly. All feedback is welcomed and appreciated. We just don't want to waste wolverines time here. So please lets get this going fellas.
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

edited January 2016
    - For now due to limitations of how we can configure weapons we have to use default loadouts. For some reason he can't configure it so you can choose between m4 iron sight, m16 iron sight, saw iron sight, or m24 sniper. If he put all those in like that it would be random and you would get any one of the guns listed when you spawn. (not good). Forcing m4 iron sights only is not much variety. (If we could do m16/m4/m249 or even m16/m4 it would be fine. But at the moment we can't.) So having said all that all maps moving forward should be default loadout. (This also means grenades will be back - But the good thing about this is we can add stuff to the roofs to either make grenades harder, unable to go over that roof, or even make it so the spam nade can only be done 1 way and 1 way only a little hole/area or something) But all of that will come with testing the map.

Also having scrimmed the new version of crossfire I actually liked the changes to south and thought we could of made it work.(It had 2 bomb locations, it had taller boxes so you could hide from spam/nade/w.e - I felt it just needed some tweaking) But I am fine with either version though, but I think we should only be giving feedback after testing not after seeing it.

I can wait on porting the original if you guys want to test this out first. Either way, you guys agree which direction to go with this and I'll change it.
    edited January 2016
    Saccho wrote: »
    eKComm wrote: »
    Honor the map as it was created but tweak it to be better.

I don't understand this sentiment. You don't think, for example, ambient sounds were placed with consideration for their effects on gameplay? To intentionally limit a player's situational awareness in certain areas to force them to rely on allies to cover other angles on their behalf?

I actually still want there to be some ambient sounds. But honestly, you don't just add ambient to add ambient. If you recall there was an RFI where they added ambient sounds on top of what was already included in the maps. (they added the bomb sounds/ helicopters). This is called doing something for the sake of doing something. It added nothing, took away awareness, and caused problems with the sound ecosystem (you often head complaints about the sounds of helicopters rolling through maps).

So to answer your question. I don't think that every sound added in a map is placed with the purpose of improving gameplay or the flow of a match. I think that sounds are added to be realistic. As we have learned from many situations in the past realism certainly doesn't equate to good gameplay in most situations. Our job is to remove unnecessary that take away from interesting and fun competition. What we are doing is equatable to a COD4 pro-mod.
  • iNv|roKis-iNv|roKis- Posts: 420Player
    edited January 2016
    Wolverine, we have created a google wordpad with changes. Just inbox me your email so we can add you to the list. Currently this si the list for CF

Crossfire ideas. We are basing this from original cf. We have screenshots if you need.

Baseline - Crossfire-C4
    1. Remove window balcony (north-most window)
    2. Implement southeast route (as done in Crossfire 2 comp)
    3. Add a car on the route to allow for assault to advance with some cover
    4. Remove window storage (North-east-most window)
    5. Remove the box holding the bomb in assault spawn. (put it on the ground or something)
    6. Remove the small gaps beneath the metal slabs covering the south bridge (see screenshot) http://imgur.com/tCvuK6b
    7. Add a metal slab on the balcony (yellow bridge) (See screenshot) http://imgur.com/A46xMxE
    8. Bicks in defense spawn in crossfire whiteout. just move them back behind the puddle in spawn
    9. Add dead room above storage room (room next to bomb-room) to prevent spam nades into defense stairs. http://i.imgur.com/Na6XiWq.png
    Bhop is a string of jumps with no interruptions.
    Updated - Change log: Jan 10th 2016 -

• =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    edited January 2016
    We player a 5v5 on this yesterday, we all liked the changes.. excellent work Wolverine.. much of the nade spamming has been solved, and the South adition is playing well..

We discussed about the possibility of making the east building, taller to prevent spam nades, as is the attacking team can very easily and quickly nade the crane area preventing any defensive advancement. Since we eliminated pretty much all of the spam from the west side we feel the same should happen on the south side.

Sound.. this goes for both maps, not sure what % is used on crossfire, but the 35% mentioned on SS isn't enough.. we didn't even notice and difference from 0.. we discussed trying 50% and going from there.

Finding the right balance between proper footstep distance and ambient might take a few more tweaks so we appreciate your patience.

If there's anything else, I'm sure someone will chime in.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
    All the new changes were made last night. Please check out the latest version and let me know what you guys think. Same with SS.
  • iNv|roKis-iNv|roKis- Posts: 420Player
    edited January 2016
    Yup, will check out later. I think we should be close to the sweet spot to be honest. The map plays excellent and very balanced. It's much better than default. Wouldn't be surprised if crossfire did get re-released with your version.
    Bhop is a string of jumps with no interruptions.
  • ddra-ddra- Posts: 453Player
    Springstreet and Crossfire - CHECK (for the most part)

I believe Breach is up next.
    Fragmovie 6 | iNv Discord
    FGNL Season 1 Champions
    FN Season 2 & 4 Champions
    Its sooo beautiful.... I'm so excited to play this
    edited January 2016
    Springstreet and Crossfire - CHECK (for the most part)

I believe Breach is up next.

Yes

Breach and Siege, and then maybe ShadowStep.

Wolverine what you could is remove all bushes/supported(or even just supported for now. Would love to have no supported in competition as soon as possible if possible! :smiley: :blush: ) from every BDX map and publish them then we can continue with each map from there.