Scrolling Server Messages

I have them in the right place and all set up, but they aren't scrolling through. Do I need a command or something to get them going? It's driving me crazy!

Comments

• -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,438Player
    Put them here

AAPG\Binaries\Win32\pb\pbsvuser.cfg

Like this.

pb_sv_task 50 130 say VISIT US AT WWW.SOULDEFENDERS.NET
    pb_sv_task 52 130 say WE ARE RECRUITING NEW MEMBERS 16+

gKQ6BB2.png
  • -SD-DELTON wrote: »
    Put them here

AAPG\Binaries\Win32\pb\pbsvuser.cfg

Like this.

pb_sv_task 50 130 say VISIT US AT WWW.SOULDEFENDERS.NET
    pb_sv_task 52 130 say WE ARE RECRUITING NEW MEMBERS 16+

That's how I have it now, I believe. I'll check it again though. So I just put them in there don't need to do anything else with it?
  • jonnie.ringojonnie.ringo Posts: 20Player
    It may be a silly statement but make sure you restart your server
  • [KAOS]-Doc.Blade[KAOS]-Doc.Blade Posts: 20Beta Tester
    That's how I have it now, I believe. I'll check it again though. So I just put them in there don't need to do anything else with it?

I assume you got it working?

To further help, the first number is how long in seconds for the server to wait to display the message, the second number is for how long in seconds the server will wait after that time to display the message again.

So, if you want a message to start after 30 seconds, and repeat every minute from there, you would have the line as:

pb_sv_task 30 90 say {MESSAGE_HERE}

Hope this helps :smile:
    Found a bug or having a challenge with the game, please submit a bug report so the DEV Team are aware of it, and can work to fix it. Please dont ignore it, and not worry, as you can be helping other people too by submitting a bug report. Click the link below, doesnt take long to do.
    http://bugreport.americasarmy.com
  • Bashar_al-AssadBashar_al-Assad Posts: 579Player
    Some server shows player stats when someone joins. How do they do it?
  • [KAOS]-Doc.Blade[KAOS]-Doc.Blade Posts: 20Beta Tester
    Do you mean, the welcome message saying Welcome "player name" ?

If so, I think that is setup through PBBANS, an Anti Cheat Community :smile:
    Found a bug or having a challenge with the game, please submit a bug report so the DEV Team are aware of it, and can work to fix it. Please dont ignore it, and not worry, as you can be helping other people too by submitting a bug report. Click the link below, doesnt take long to do.
    http://bugreport.americasarmy.com
  • SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    edited January 2016
    Pvt.Phushi wrote: »
    Some server shows player stats when someone joins. How do they do it?

I'm guessing that's the "DA Live" service. They're one of the groups that has been testing API features.
  • -=(AK)=-Etile-=(AK)=-Etile Posts: 5Player
    i have an issue with this too wonder if anyone could help the file pbsvuser.cfg does not exist in AAPG\Binaries\Win32\pb anyone could send me that file or have a solution to it. at the time of the post me servers has still to be authorized.
  • {TDP}Zalzyn{TDP}Zalzyn Posts: 3Player
    i have an issue with this too wonder if anyone could help the file pbsvuser.cfg does not exist in AAPG\Binaries\Win32\pb anyone could send me that file or have a solution to it. at the time of the post me servers has still to be authorized.

I have the same issue. I did find pbsv.dat, maybe the name of the document has changed?
  • -[U|S|A]-DannyBoy-ACI--[U|S|A]-DannyBoy-ACI- Posts: 373Beta Tester
    No some server providers include a basic pbsvuser.cfg, but if your building your own server on your own box or a dedicated box then it wont be there, you will have to create it, which is very easy to do. Just go into your AAPG\Binaries\Win32\pb and if you are using TCAdmin just click on create new file, if your using ftp, just create it on your desktop with a note pad, put your pb scripts in and scrolling rules and upload it. Restart your server and you should be good to go.
    One day I will graduate noob school!!!
    -[U|S|A]-DannyBoy!!