Demorec

.dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
Where do the demorec files save. I just bought a NFO dedicated virtual server. So it is the same as if I was running a server on my own PC. Where would the default location of those go? Is there something I have to setup?
Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

Comments

• n1]LeXy^n1]LeXy^ Posts: 16Player
    .dc-colts^,

the default demorec dir is:
    ...\steamapps\common\America's Army\AAPG\AAGame\Demos

the following parameter in the 'DefaultGame.ini' (eg. ..\steamapps\common\America's Army\AAPG\AAGame\Config\AAHostAServerConfig1) effects the demorec (ic u start the server via commandline):
    DemoRecDir=
    bAutoDemoRecEnabled=

if you start the server via the servermanager the parameter 'AutoDemoRecEnabled=' needs to be set to '1' in
    (C:\Users\UserName\Documents\My Games\America's Army Proving Grounds\Launcher\ServerConfigs)

cheers

LeXy^
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    ty maybe you can answer this question to is there anyway to bypass the Server Manager? It is missing some essential settings like minnetplayers to activate warmup and not have match start till all players join a team. I go into config and change it to either 8 or 10 depending on if its 4v4 or 5v5 and when I start server via server manager it overwrites these values and puts them back to default of 2 and same with round timer and stuff like that. If I set the AAGame.ini to read-only it works once but I have to reset it to read-only each time before I start the server.

• SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    .dc-colts^ wrote: »
    ty maybe you can answer this question to is there anyway to bypass the Server Manager? It is missing some essential settings like minnetplayers to activate warmup and not have match start till all players join a team. I go into config and change it to either 8 or 10 depending on if its 4v4 or 5v5 and when I start server via server manager it overwrites these values and puts them back to default of 2 and same with round timer and stuff like that. If I set the AAGame.ini to read-only it works once but I have to reset it to read-only each time before I start the server.

Rather comp specific I'd say and would be a great addition to the comp mode we were promised. Wondering what happened to that one..
  • K!Dz.applePIEK!Dz.applePIE Posts: 1,050Player
    you can bypass the Server manager with windows commandline

jeez thanks if only I knew that command line.

• SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    edited January 2016
    4UAm1np.png

Don't pull an attitude with the people offering help.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,621Beta Tester
    I haven't been able to figure out how to make a dedicated server work using that command line. Don't know what I'm doing wrong. I've tried several different ways to add the commands into the desktop shortcut for syntax and punctuation and no dice!
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    edited January 2016
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    I haven't been able to figure out how to make a dedicated server work using that command line. Don't know what I'm doing wrong. I've tried several different ways to add the commands into the desktop shortcut for syntax and punctuation and no dice!
    If I remember correctly, I had issues with the "Target" property of the shortcut not holding the entire command. With the end truncated, the syntax was off.

You could probably just save the commands as a .BAT file and have the shortcut execute that.

I'm assuming here you mean issues with a desktop .lnk shortcut. Copy-pasting the full text of the command into a command prompt works fine, yes? Or is that throwing errors?

I also found, when starting a server from the command line, that the directory the commands were run from mattered. I always started from the executable's directory instead of using relative pathing. That was a while ago, though, so maybe those issues have been addressed.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,621Beta Tester
    Actually, I just got a server to start using Dedicated, but it doesn't include the player password I had set in Security Options, leaving the server wide open.

I suspect it may be in the truncation issues...I'll dig deeper. This knowledge base is NOT all in one spot or terribly easy for newbs to navigate....I apologize for my questions all the time.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    edited January 2016
    Saccho wrote: »
    4UAm1np.png

Don't pull an attitude with the people offering help.

jeez I wish I knew where to put this command line.

You both tell me things I already know. Thanks for the help doe.

WinKey+R --> "Run" prompt in most Win versions, should work in (I'm guessing) Server 2012 on your NFO box
    --> "cmd" opens a command prompt from the "Run" dialog box
    --> "cd" is the command to "change directory" to wherever you'd like to execute a command from
    --> navigate to executable's location
    --> enter the commandline argument from the server GUI
    Thank you.