changing a sound ?

Hello all , is there any way to changed the sound of a ladders footsteps to like a wooden ladder , or am i stuck with the steel click of the ladder ?

Thanks

Comments

• [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    oooohhhh boy.. thats a good one!

So good that I have no idea :(
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• -Flops--Flops- Posts: 354Player
    i cant find a audio option anywhere on the premade or ladder volume
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    edited January 2016
    I've had a quick look myself and I have a feeling that's something we cant change as its most likely something related to an engine function (a stock package), I think maybe somewhere inside the SoundClasesAndModes package.. but we all know what happens when you start trying to edit them things right? yep, the editor/game won't like it, so it either borks your map up or renders the editor unusable..

I could be completely wrong and in all likelyhood am :lol: it may be as easy as pie and I'm missing the option.. or maybe its even possible by setting up your own sounds somehow using kismet and triggers.. but tbh I wouldn't know where to start :(

It's certainly a good question!
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

yeah its just been bugging me cause what im working on a steel sounding ladder just does not fit
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    wouldn't wood sound work. Sorry just brainstorming for you I have no idea how to make map or how the sounds get added etc. But can't you just copy sound of wood as a slight fix? or would it not work or is it not possible.
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

edited January 2016
    The actual sound is no issues , there is just nowhere to put it in the properties of the volume , and brainstorming is good , every little bit helps
  • StackEmUp!StackEmUp! Posts: 145Player
    You could try changing the material for the ladder in the properties window, "static mesh actor/rendering" click the green plus by material, then choose a wood material in the content browser, and click the green arrow. Depending upon the static mesh, the material may look kind of messed up, or it may come out fine.
  • -=}WoLvErInE{=--=}WoLvErInE{=- Posts: 1,155Beta Tester
    No you can't at the moment. The ladder volume that was create it use metal sound and it's hard coded in. It would be nice to have wood or metal sound though. May they can add bit more code and have a drop down menu in the ladder volume
    Edit: sorry stupid phone auto correction crap and posting before I'm done lol.

But yeah like I was trying to say. Have it where you can choose in the ladder's properties to use either metal or wood.
    ohh well thanks for that , thats a real shame i was working on something cool , nevermind ill bench for future use maybe
    I'll dig into it but more, see if there is a way to override through kismet. If I find something I'll let you know.
    Thanks wolve ive been digging for days with no luck , so good luck