Trying to set up a server....

[SOARNS]*^Six-Four^*[Comm.][SOARNS]*^Six-Four^*[Comm.] Posts: 17Player
edited January 2016 in Server Support
Been trying for a few days now, had a lot of errors that needed to be fixed.... and this is going through a host. These problems I really shouldn't have had. Maybe I'm in over my head. We're set and ready to go now, server has been authorized.... and it still won't go. Can't find it in the server browser, and I don't know how to connect via IP, but I doubt it will work. IP is 66.55.158.20 on port 8777. I really don't know if I set up the port forwarding right, either. If anybody can explain that, it'd be nice. I used these:
UDP 9987
UDP 7778
UDP 8765
UDP 8778
TCP/UDP 27000-27030
However, I also saw that this had something to do with what port the server is on, but I can't find a correlation between the numbers. Honestly, I know nothing about this stuff, and I'm getting pretty worn out from it all.
The main problem I'm having, though, is that in the log something about a warning. It says, "Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'Class None.' : Failed to load object 'Class None.'" Then the next line says Failed to find object 'Class None.'
Is this even a problem?
If you ask for a log file, I know where it is, but I can't open it because it's a .BAK and I don't know what program to use for that.....
There's also a warning about some wrapper server settings not being found, and I don't know what that is, either.

Comments

• I forgot to add, this is through gameservers.com
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,621Beta Tester
    Isn't the default game port 7778?

Anyway...stick with it and you will eventually feel good about figuring it out. I just got a server running here on the laptop I'm typing on. If I can do it, anyone can!!

First, where is this server? At a provider or at your home?

If at a provider, why do you need to port forward?
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    I tried to connect to that IP via the console command "open 66.55.158.20" and I got the error "Could not connect. Version mismatch"

______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • I assumed you had to port forward even with the provider...that's what the guide said, as well as all the other posts I read.... It's through a provider, like I said. Gameservers.com.
    I know nothing. :(
  • The server is in NJ, by the way. Also, the default is 7778, but you can run it through other ones, right? Right? Oh man... I don't know.
  • -=TDO=-sgt-jack-=TDO=-sgt-jack Posts: 25Player
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    I tried to connect to that IP via the console command "open 66.55.158.20" and I got the error "Could not connect. Version mismatch"

that normally means server running wrong version. or you are. i just tried it an got the same.
    not sure how GS admin panel works but low ping has a steam update button. so try that if you can.
    b_560_95_1.png
    edited January 2016
    So Gameservers let's you configure THEIR firewall? Well...the best thing is to go by their instructions. The only time you need non default server settings is if you run multiple servers, as far as I know.

Just remember, you have to tell th GAME to run on a different port too, it doesn't just go by the firewall setting.

Maybe the game is trying to get out on the default port still in the server config?

You're right, it's all configurable...but it has to match. Keep at it! You'll get there!

:)
    ______

• I do have the ability to update the server through the GS panel. I'll try it now.
  • I was able to join it now through the console, but my friend couldn't join me off steam. Neither of us was able to find it in the server browser, and he couldn't join via IP, either. This is very weird.
  • Alright, now.... we were in it. We had a game going with around 9 guys, and when it finished, we voted for a map. But we never got to the next game... it kicked everyone to "AA_entry", which is the main menu. I don't know why that would happen...
    I'm hoping someone will jump in here for you, because I'm only slightly ahead of you in my Server Admin learning curve.

When you say "couldn't join off of Steam" does that mean it didn't show you in a server in Steam, or that he just couldn't join the one showing? It's possible the server wasn't visible to Steam through the ports required at that point...

What changes did you make to get people in? That would be interesting to see.
    ______

edited January 2016
    These are my port settings for my Netgear router at home to allow my server to work:

PORT FORWARDING SETUP
    Start 7778 to 7778 End - UDP
    Start 7779 to 7779 End - UDP
    Start 7780 to 7780 End - UDP
    Start 8765 to 8765 End - UDP
    Start 8778 to 8778 End - UDP
    Start 9987 to 9987 End - UDP
    Start 27000 to 27030 End - BOTH (TCP and UDP)

These ports are forwarded to the internal IP of the computer hosting the server, not the external IP visible on the internet. I have NO idea how Gameservers works this out.

These settings were gleaned from the various guides or posts on Steam or the forum (and archives).

It works, anyway....I think all that stuff allows the game, VOIP, Steam reporting and UMMs to work.
    ______

• All I did was go on the GS panel and update the server.... I had already done that before, though. When i said he couldn't join off steam, I meant that he saw me on a server, but pressing the join button gave him a "server not responding" error.
    We just went through another 15 rounds, and the server still didn't let us go to the next map. I don't know what that issue is caused by. :(
    Another thing is that nobody has their skins on their guns, and the attachments that they have unlocked won't go on their guns. It resets them to default scopes. We are authorized and stuff, so I don't see the problem.
    BUT THIS IS PROGRESS! :smiley:
  • Keebler750 wrote: »
    These are my port settings for my Netgear router at home to allow my server to work:

PORT FORWARDING SETUP
    Start 7778 to 7778 End - UDP
    Start 7779 to 7779 End - UDP
    Start 7780 to 7780 End - UDP
    Start 8765 to 8765 End - UDP
    Start 8778 to 8778 End - UDP
    Start 9987 to 9987 End - UDP
    Start 27000 to 27030 End - BOTH (TCP and UDP)

This is what mine looks like, too.
    Hmm. Are the maps in the list all default Officials, or are you trying to load other maps?

I don't think that's the issue, but I had to ask.

Is the server visible now in the ingame Browser, or are you still needing console joins?

I'm wondering if you ARE actually Authed.
    ______

• They are all default Official maps. Not trying to load any customs. The server is visible now. We have to be authed....the kills are counting for everyone, I've asked.
    Well...I'm in over my head at this point then...

Good luck! and keep us informed. I like learning this stuff.

______