Auto Join

Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,621Beta Tester
Is it possible to have the server pick the team on incoming players automatically to avoid all the "which is best" decisions?

I have tried to disable spectators but it still waits at team select.

I mean, "Auto Pick" on that screen isn't really "Auto" ...it's "Random."
______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.

Comments

• -=[USA]=-LocoRobo-=[USA]=-LocoRobo Posts: 18Beta Tester
    edited January 2016
    Maybe, Try the following in the AAGame.ini
    [AAGame.AAGameReplicationInfo]
    ;If true, then players must use autopick to choose their team
    bDefaultOnlyAllowAutoPick=true
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,621Beta Tester
    I'll give that a try Loco. Thanks.

What I'm looking to try, experimentally anyway, is a server that populates teams on a "first come" basis on server join. They just go to a team, the round starts and away they go. That would mean no one goes to spectate and warmup only lasts until Join #2.

What this would also mean is idlers would auto-join on map change, if it works.

Not sure it's a GOOD option, I just wanted to try it.

For those wondering, I'm trying to put a dummy account into a passworded server so my buddy can join a fully functional server for testing instead of Warmup mode. It would only work the old way till map change, then revert back to warmup because of the idle dummy account stuck at team select.

Technically, this could lead to Stat farming, but we're talking 15 minutes a week of non-live play. (and he's killing my Incognito player account so I end up paying for his fun....)

:)
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    edited January 2016
    For your particular problem -- set him up with admin details so that he can move the fake acct himself.
    AdminMoveToTeam PlayerName[FString] TeamIdx[INT]
    AdminMoveToTeam KeeblersFakeAcct 1

Haven't tested it myself, but that's where I'd start.
    edited January 2016
    Do you mean give my buddy admin rights?

Where is a discussion and/or reference of admin commands and functionality? It doesn't appear the Host A Server console is terribly useful.

I'm WAY behind in server admin knowledge...
    ______

Yes! Awesome! Now all I have to do is start using them for customization. Eventually I'll learn! Thanks!

:+1:

These types of resources are scattered around so much. Should be a sticky, linked in every area of exposure the game has for the sake of consistency. We've got three forums or archives, Steam, etc, etc. A "Useful Links" thing like we have for Editor Tutorials would be nice...
    ______

That Steam guide is more for the server *.ini files.

Honestly, I just looked through the in-game console's autocomplete list for words starting Admin. AdminMoveToTeam looks like one of the only commands not listed under AdminHelp.
    edited January 2016
    You can't change those same ini params with a console command?

I thought they all went together as a bit of a package deal ie those were the settings the commands could target.

I guess either way those wouldn't be real time and would require a server restart?
    ______

edited January 2016
    There are some commands, like AdminAllowMapVoting (or something like that), that change specific server parameters on-the-fly and presumably without a reset.

I don't know if there's a generic admin console command that lets you choose particular variables to set yourself. I would guess not, but I really don't know for sure.

Edit: Oh, and, yes, I meant give your buddy the admin password ;)
    Thanks all, and remember - it's only a waste of time if you didn't learn anything!

:D
    ______