The 6v6 changing to 12v12 christmas/holiday thread!!!

2»

Comments

• SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    Out because I got no message.
  • dc.fixed^dc.fixed^ Posts: 4Player
    This has been a major problem ever since the new update. It has gotten to the point I only favor one or two servers. This needs to change.
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    Can I has official server admin for Christmas?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • iNv|eKCommiNv|eKComm Posts: 394Player
    I was asked by a couple people to respond to this. So I will.

tl;dr I only read the OP.

If people join a BDX then chances are they want to play BDX. Forcing it to FLO is just stupid in every way because if someone wants to play FLO they would have joined an FLO. Basic thought processes.

Then to limit players to only voting FLO's is almost insulting. If people want to play BDX let them. Forcing people to do what you (whoever the 'you' may be) is implying that you know better than the player. Which is wrong.. specially with these dev's / management / customer. They've needed hand holding since day one and still cant get it right.

Solution : Stop this silly switching to FLO once the server reaches are certain number of players. Servers should be set for BDX or FLO and they should stay unless voted to another type. Further, servers should have the option to be dedicated FLO / BDX (which i think is possible if you just limit the maplist). The exacts beyond that don't matter too much.
    2016 Flank Gaming Network Season 1 Champion
    2016 FraggedNation Season 4 Champion
    2015 FraggedNation Season 2 Main Champion
    2015 ESL Test Cup Second place
    2014 FraggedNation UMM Tournament Champion
    2014 FraggedNation Old School map Tournament Champion
    2014 TWL Season 1 Second Place
    2013 TWL 7v7 Beta Tournament Champion
    2013 TWL 5v5 Beta Tournament Second Place
  • =IK=SgtBadazz=IK=SgtBadazz Posts: 160Player
    It's an extremely easy fix i.e. A couple of ini lines. The fact that it hasn't been done is obviously a conscious choice by the devs as is the debacle that this game has become. #badchoices
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,621Beta Tester
    Why not ask the player coming in if they are willing to wait for a slot before forcing the server to upsize the fries?

Honestly, I don't care where I play (except Bridge and Outer Hospital...)

:p

______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • doogle!doogle! Posts: 733Player
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    Why not ask the player coming in if they are willing to wait for a slot before forcing the server to upsize the fries?

One person shouldn't have the power, automated or by choice, to take 12 players who want to play BDX to a 24 player map.
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    edited December 2015
    Simplest solution is to remove the divide, in favor of having a set number of players per server :lol:
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,161Player
    Simplest solution is to remove the divide, in favor of having a set number of players per server :lol:
    Agreed. Servers can pick the amount of players they want per server and whether they want to play maps because they are too big or too small. If Devs want to make maps that are specifically smaller then make a MAPNAME_SM_XX map.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,621Beta Tester
    Keebler750 wrote: »

One person shouldn't have the power, automated or by choice, to take 12 players who want to play BDX to a 24 player map.

Yes. I absolutely agree, but if we keep auto-change, then at least be sure the guy coming in wasn't hoping for the BDX spot!!!

______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • {4F}DeadlyGrouse{4F}DeadlyGrouse Posts: 277Player
    Ill +1 all this as well. I like to play both styles.
  • =[101st]=Wolverine=[101st]=Wolverine Posts: 1,169Beta Tester
    Cap it @ 32 slots and problem solved!
  • @gentDeath@gentDeath Posts: 15Player
    Please for the love of All things AAPG. Either make dedicated 6v servers, or Add one or two FLO map choices to the server when over 12 players are in the server.

No one joins full 6V servers hoping to go to FLO. And perhaps if those changes aren't made, consider a countdown timer to kick Idle spectate players say over 5 minutes. So tired of people sitting in spectate for hours on end, and being the 13th player causing a switch to FLO.
  • doogle!doogle! Posts: 733Player
    We're beating a dead horse at this point. Tots is on it after the holidays.
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    Already talking to our lead designer and lead programmer on the best course to take, and seeing how quickly we can get it done.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.