Open x.x.x.x:xxxx makes game crash.

When using the console to join a server it crashes my game every time. I am unable to join through steam (view game info>join game), and there server browser is ungodly slow to load every single server to sort through which ones my friends might be on [bring back friends tab?]. Is there any fix for this?

This happens to servers with and without a password.
TheTots wrote:
I think this thread has run it's course......

Comments

• -=}WoLvErInE{=--=}WoLvErInE{=- Posts: 1,129Beta Tester
    try deleting your ini folder and let the engine generate new ones.
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    When using the console to join a server it crashes my game every time. I am unable to join through steam (view game info>join game), and there server browser is ungodly slow to load every single server to sort through which ones my friends might be on [bring back friends tab?]. Is there any fix for this?

This happens to servers with and without a password.

Join through steam with only launcher open or game closed should work if you try joining through steam with the actual game open it won't work, but it will work if you quit the game it will complete your last attempt to join your friend through steam instead of having to redo it.

Another issue is we used to have a Friends Tab in the server browser we no longer have one we also can't see server info in browser anymore. Friends tab in server browser would be much more convenient!
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

• SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    In addition to what Colts said about joining through steam when having the game open. After trying to join like that, joining to another server first will also finish your request.