game freezes every 5 or 10 seconds

2»

Comments

• vapor.ivapor.i Posts: 270Player
    What do the DEVS need to resolve the Freezing ?
    AA2 veteran player / fanboy
  • Gronfather@twitchGronfather@twitch Posts: 466Player
    Yeah same here. Never had that before tbh. I'd say over the past month it's been slowly catching my attention

• [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,191Player
    I get it too.. have done for as long as I can remember, it's had me raging a few times after getting killed just as it happens.

Here's something.. someone once said if the game is installed on a normal HDD they don't get them but when they play on SSD it happens.. I'm not in a position to test myself, lack of hardware.. but maybe someone can test the theory? if only to dismiss it as false, game should theoretically perform better on a faster drive I would assume.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• vapor.ivapor.i Posts: 270Player
    Can we please get an update on the Freezing Fix DEVS?
    AA2 veteran player / fanboy
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    New witcher 3 drivers doubled the freeze time for me. I now get these 1 second lags like in the video dem@n posted.
  • Gronfather@twitchGronfather@twitch Posts: 466Player
    I play on a HDD and never had these issues until recently. Now I chop out every once and a while and it annoys the crap outta me. I run everything on high and only suffer FPS drops on coldfront and now I get chopped like a crappy chef

• IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    tried todays released driver for the witcher,game is still freezing but not as fequent as before.

I got the free witcher download with my gpu purchase. I'll install later with current drivers and see how it goes but I have no problems with this game using the 352.86 drivers.
    googley avatar aapg

• JohnWayne203JohnWayne203 Posts: 33Player
    Funny. I never got these slowdowns until the full release on October 1st this year.

• 8==Strok3r==D--8==Strok3r==D-- Posts: 6Player
    Google search brought me here.

Having the same issue, my screen freezes for a second or two on a semi-regular basis. Super frustrating sometimes, as it tends to happen at inopportune moments

It is strange though... sometimes I can be in a server and its smooth as silk and I hit exactly what I aim at, then the screen freezes start, and at different intervals too; sometimes every minute, sometimes every 10-20 seconds.

I did notice that the freezes seem to start and increase primarily on full 24 person servers, with alot of traffic.

Could it be a server side issue perhaps? First thought when they started (at less frequency), was that PB was taking screenshots

Another interesting thing is I'm experiencing the same issue, except with an AMD cpu and card.

win7 pro x64
    amd 8 core cpu
    16 gb ram
    amd r9 290 card

Also running the game on my secondary hdd and not my primary OS ssd. Applications are scaled/shut down when playing

If anyone else running AMD is having these screen freezes, especially someone with a solution, would like to hear from you
  • Hypnosis-xHypnosis-x Posts: 2Player
    I have the same problem... The game is not playable., last update is bad
    my configuration
    amd Phenom II x4 965
    amd radeon 9950
    ram 12gb
  • -Ner0--Ner0- Posts: 1,572Player
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
  • GoA]z!o[N]cya[GoA]z!o[N]cya[ Posts: 109Player
    edited October 2015
    Because you have a amd card it could be the flash-bang screen freeze issue too.

http://forum.americasarmy.com/discussion/2716/screenfreeze-before-flashbang-explosion/p1
  • 8==Strok3r==D--8==Strok3r==D-- Posts: 6Player
    -Ner0- wrote: »

This helped out alot - Thanks!

Still getting them, but nowhere near as bad

Question; in the Workshop, after you unsubscribe, is it normal to see "Still processing more files..."?
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,607Beta Tester
    When 347.09 was just being superceded by the next driver version, a bunch of Betas reported problems, and since I hadn't updated yet, I just stayed there on the old driver. My 780 still seems to work fine. (Although AA2 is stuttering when I run a folder instance of 2.5.0.......)

: shrug :
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • -incOmi.newGen--incOmi.newGen- Posts: 4Player
    dev-fix (usermademaps) helped for exactly 1 day ....
    still the same frustrating shutters... every 4-5 seconds.