Game Update 12-17-15

Comments

• -=[VGO]=-mmchaos-=[VGO]=-mmchaos Posts: 81Moderator
    Scratch the "nice" part, since there is an insane FPS drop. I went from a steady 124 to 60/70.. -.-'..

if you changed your .ini file for performance it was reset to default after the update.
    test-tag.jpg
  • PFC-M.Simpkins[3rdID]PFC-M.Simpkins[3rdID] Posts: 8Player
    edited December 2015
    Glad to see some progress in the sound area. Just updated. I'll check it out!
    ________________________________________________________________________________________
    ss_4_PFC-M.Simpkins%5B3rdID%5D.png
  • [NoL]W_a_t_c_h[NoL]W_a_t_c_h Posts: 133Player
    Good to see you have brought in new, never before seen bugs with this new patch ;)

If you use a weapon other than the default for each class, then either each new round or if you go back into the weapon select during the round, your wepaon will reset to the default.
    e.g. if you select M4 iron sight, you will be reset to M4 holosight. If you select M14, you will be reset to M16 Acog.
    Another thing, don't know if it is bug or by design, but I got kicked from a server for TK, and my main menu disappeared. Escape key still asked for exit confirmation, but nothing else was visible.
  • L0rdDamianL0rdDamian Posts: 700Player
    edited December 2015
    IO_i_OI wrote: »
    Scratch the "nice" part, since there is an insane FPS drop. I went from a steady 124 to 60/70.. -.-'..

Did you set Max Frame Rate to 62?

No, it's on 124 as i always have.

if you changed your .ini file for performance it was reset to default after the update.

I have my .ini as backup , and dropped that into it after patching so i have my own .ini again. I'm also not the only one, i hear others saying the same thing that their fps dropped.
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,395Player
    What's happened to the sound on our usermademaps it sounds like your in a tunnel.
    I thought it was just my downtown map spent 2 hours trying to fix then a friend told me its like that
    on all umms since the update today.
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player

I have my .ini as backup , and dropped that into it after patching so i have my own .ini again. I'm also not the only one, i hear others saying the same thing that their fps dropped.

Hit the tilde key and type in togglehud. Run around with it on and off and see if that makes a difference.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

FunPolice wrote: »

Hit the tilde key and type in togglehud. Run around with it on and off and see if that makes a difference.

You are a magician! It did indeed boost my fps up to 90..
    Although of course not going to play with out hud, it did work.
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,972Player
    edited December 2015

Overwriting ini's like this after patches is a bad idea if the devs changed something in the ini's like a setting from true to false or something like that. You would be overwriting that change and could be a cause to your FPS issues. Also a new line could've been added to the ini's and you could be erasing that line by overwriting your ini to previous patch ini. Which could also cause FPS Drops.
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

• RedBaron64(ITA)RedBaron64(ITA) Posts: 173Player
    -SD-DELTON wrote: »
    What's happened to the sound on our usermademaps it sounds like your in a tunnel.
    I thought it was just my downtown map spent 2 hours trying to fix then a friend told me its like that
    on all umms since the update today.

+1
    One of our sound engineers is looking into the sound now. Will report back!

• -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,395Player
    FunPolice wrote: »
    One of our sound engineers is looking into the sound now. Will report back!

Thank you.

• {M.9}-Arko{M.9}-Arko Posts: 206Player
    FPS drops here too, but really hard drops...
    A fix for UMM sound problems for you map makers:

"I'm still not sure what's causing that problem, but he can fix it by putting one big reverb volume around the play space and setting AK Aux Bus to "UMM_EFX_Outdoor_1". And, of course, not forgetting to build geometry."

• .dcG-ccoR^.dcG-ccoR^ Posts: 84Player

Overwriting ini's like this after patches is a bad idea if the devs changed something in the ini's like a setting from true to false or something like that. You would be overwriting that change and could be a cause to your FPS issues. Also a new line could've been added to the ini's and you could be erasing that line by overwriting your ini to previous patch ini. Which could also cause FPS Drops.

+1. I know its a pain but its best that you start from scratch *ini wise* and then modify to your liking.
    edited December 2015

Thats true, i change my setting manually as well after i found myself in the fps sink. This idea also popped into my head that it might be the issue. Sadly it wasn't that, some players don't ever change anything in their .ini and also having those problems. The only thing i could see was toggling the HUD giving me a little extra fps back. But thats about it.
  • CrushmasterCrushmaster Posts: 496Player
    Good to see another update. Keep it up.
  • DoHnUtDoHnUt Posts: 2Player
    edited December 2015
    So, are the servers down?
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,972Player

Thats true, i change my setting manually as well after i found myself in the fps sink. This idea also popped into my head that it might be the issue. Sadly it wasn't that, some players don't ever change anything in their .ini and also having those problems. The only thing i could see was toggling the HUD giving me a little extra fps back. But thats about it.

Does turning on custom hud scaling and making your hud smaller help?
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

Does turning on custom hud scaling and making your hud smaller help?

Doesn't work well for me, playing on 2560x1080 with 21:9 ultra-wide. Changing the size will off-center everything on a different location on the screen. So not going to touch that again xD
    Can you give me your OS and exact version?

Example:

In windows 10: Start -> Settings -> System -> About
    What I want is the Edition, Version, and OS Build