The Force Awakens

IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
Did you like the movie, etc....

Please keep spoilers out of this thread since I may be in line for two weeks.
googley avatar aapg

Comments

• TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    Just to reiterate: DO NOT POST ANY SPOILERS.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    640px-Mitsubishi_Lancer_Evolution_aftermarket_spoiler.JPG
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    0 records will be broken..

I might see it in a month when the nerds are done drooling on each other

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    0 records will be broken..

I might see it in a month when the nerds are done drooling on each other

You are automatically classified as a Nerd already by the Department of Defense for playing AA. :p

During the Live Red Carpet Event, Mark Hamill (aka Luke Skywalker) was asked why he does not appear in any of the official movie posters. He responded that he would answer that question after the Premier. Hmmmmm?

News reporting to stay away from Twitter because of a lot of spoilers trending after the premier. I think the first public viewing is 3:00am later tonight.

You are allowed to bring light sabers into the theater but no blasters.... LOL. Both are just as deadly!

BTW: I was freakin out with my son to see that BB8 is actually a life-sized working model. How do they keep his head from falling off? Magnets and a gyro? It's pretty cool! I bet the Army will be looking into drafting him...
    googley avatar aapg

• weakness_aaweakness_aa Posts: 143Player
    Jurassic World has the record for an opening weekend at around $210 million and an overall earnings of about $525 million. They say The Force Awakens is set to make over $650 million. That's a lot of geeks out there :smile: For fun, I'd like to guess the opening weekend take to be around $260 Million.
  • -=}WoLvErInE{=--=}WoLvErInE{=- Posts: 1,117Beta Tester
    I say $310 mill. :D
  • =U^S=_Mason=U^S=_Mason Posts: 167Beta Tester
    $1 Bob
    "9 people make up over 50% of all of the posts on this forums.
    The VAST majority of our players just play."
    Jurassic World has the record for an opening weekend at around $210 million and an overall earnings of about $525 million. They say The Force Awakens is set to make over $650 million. That's a lot of geeks out there :smile: For fun, I'd like to guess the opening weekend take to be around $260 Million.

I thought it was Titanic and Avatar for first and second but that might be total box office receipts?
    googley avatar aapg

• Bam4DBam4D Posts: 976Player
    Spoiler:

********Bam4D********

BE ALL (THAT) YOU CAN BE!

________Army 1980_________

• -=}WoLvErInE{=--=}WoLvErInE{=- Posts: 1,117Beta Tester
    lol Bam, you gonna post that in every thread?
    edited December 2015
    I want it too be true!!! And 7 gave us hints if you paid attention. The long con. But no spoilers here pay close attention to Snoke.. which means FISH.. like VADER meant Father.

There is always a BIGGER FISH!! and who set the EMPIRE in motion? And who was left in the wings? who was still in place after emperor in the Government ( Empire ) died? Episode 4 " the Emperor dissolved the council permanently fear will keep the locals in line. " who went and formed the rebellion? JEDI GONE? but those of the senate. The rebellion is the same cycle as Prequels ( separatists ) and who in the rebellion gave away princess leia location after getting the plans? Setting the new downfall so they could take power after palpatine? pulling the bigger picture strings.

You don't move lips of an animated person by accident and the little secret shared in 7 really shows, wow... what thinking into the future of the story. YODA master of JEDI.... Human MASTER of Sith?

Just a little HINT:
    Who told BEN SOLO about his Grand Father and planted the seeds of his legacy being cut down? Pay attention to the statues are those from NABOO? do they have meaning? why would Jar Jar be standing waiting in a prefect position for the Jedi to arrive on Naboo? Who gave that porse snibit to Ben Solo around his neck? Who took it out of Queens casket? Jar Jar was the one right next to it. Who got to keep his seat in the government if the acting senator died? Who actually set all events in motion for the Empire? in ROTJ /SE who is leading the party pulling down the statue of the emperor... Jar-ing when found.

Jar backwards is Raj which means "emperor, ruler"!!

Why are fish people in all key roles on Empire and Rebel sides? it's a TRAP!!!

********Bam4D********

I plan on seeing the movie some time this week. My whole family is going to see it with me. No, I will not be wearing a costume. And, No, I won't see it in 3D because I heard that the movie appears too dark so I might as well see it like I saw Episode IV. Just wish I was paying those E IV ticket prices! :p
    googley avatar aapg

• Root-AccessRoot-Access Posts: 510Player
    It was pretty good. I expected a huge mess, with horrible characters and story. But it was pretty decent. if they can keep up the fun pace but tone done on trying to show off that humor and all that CGI to instead show us a better look at the new characters and the story, that would be great.

So I still think the prequel films are great and at the moment, I rank this new one around that level or a smidgen below it. It failed more than the prequels in the sense of showing us the new characters.

ss_4_Root-Access.png
    "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it." — Jefferson Davis
    edited December 2015
    I think it was cool seeing Jar Jar hands and markings on Supreme Leader Snoke. Remember how Gun Guns age look at Boss Nass eyes settle in, Mouth moves in, fill out, but the hands dead give away. True Masters of the FORCE are never Human, until REY she will be the first Super Human Force user ( like Yoda & Raj Raj ahmm Jar Jar)

It's true all of it.

Snoek are not pretty fish

http://s1132.photobucket.com/user/fishwrecked10/media/blacksnoekthyrsitoidesmarleyiluckytim.jpg.html

********Bam4D********

• [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,181Player
    Believe it or not.. I've never watched a single film from start to end in the whole Star Wars saga. I've seen at best little parts of various ones whilst flicking through TV/Movie channels. Best of it, I love sci-fi movies.

I might watch them all.. one day.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

whhhhaaattttt? blasphemy :s

********Bam4D********

edited December 2015
    I liked the new movie. I had a theory from rumors on how things would evolve in this episode but was proven wrong. JJ Abrams is a great director and I liked the fast-action and spacecraft flight scenes. He done the same job with the new Star Trek movies.

Some family members were upset about a particular scene. (If you saw the movie then you know what part).

Still, Episode IV is still the best because it was all new to us. I would place Episode I in second place and The Force Awakens at third place. People should still go see it before everyone starts talking publicly about it especially when all the kids go back to school next week. I will definitely pick up the DVD when it's released to finish my Star Wars collection.

And did anyone notice the new Independence Day sequel that's coming in Summer 2016?? It certainly looks gritty! I'll be looking forward to that one!

BTW. My son had one question; How does BB8 go up the stairs? LOL.
    googley avatar aapg

edited December 2015
    BB has grappling hooks and lines he uses for hard to reach and stability in situations. Did you notice Jar Jar hands? Episode 1 will be your favorite once you learn who the true menace was, Truly genius foresight for the sale of SW and the missing phantom menace link of all 9 films.

Kneel before Raj Raj, Emperor of deception. The Key to it all.

Look deep into his eyes.

http://gfycat.com/CheerfulHugeDutchsmoushond

********Bam4D********

Bam4D wrote: »
    BB has grappling hooks and lines he uses for hard to reach and stability in situations. Did you notice Jar Jar hands? Episode 1 will be your favorite once you learn who the true menace was, Truly genius foresight for the sale of SW and the missing phantom menace link of all 9 films.

Kneel before Raj Raj, Emperor of deception. The Key to it all.

Look deep into his eyes.

http://gfycat.com/CheerfulHugeDutchsmoushond

Okay.. enough with Jar Jar Binks... You know he was the most irritating character of the SW franchise! :p
    googley avatar aapg