After registration, how long till server starts to Auth?

Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,621Beta Tester
Title pretty much says it. I HAVE received my registration email that the IP is registered.

For troubleshooting purposes, does a server immediately start to Auth once you get registered?

I'm working behind a Cisco modem/router from Shaw and trying everything I can ... port forwarding, Windows firewall, DMZ, IP passthrough etc all to no avail even though the log file suggests it's authorized and doing what it's supposed to. It says the server has a Steam ID, etc...

Can't connect via external IP from the console; not showing up in the browser (or in Steam). I CAN connect to the LAN IP via another computer on the network.

So....I thought maybe it's just not fully authed yet?

(Note: This was last night. Haven't tested it yet today.)
______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.

Comments

• [CLS]_SgtMac[CLS]_SgtMac Posts: 199Moderator
    Can't connect via external IP from the console

This is definitely a router / port forwarding issue.

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,621Beta Tester
    I agree I should be able to console in, authed or not.

I hope it's not another ISP block on their end! I'll be plenty upset if that's the case.

I'm pretty sure everything on my end is "textbook proper."
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    I hear a lot of people saying that the email I get in return is supposed to have a bunch of confirmation info in it.

ALL my email said was "This IP is now registered."

Am I missing something?
    ______

• [CLS]_SgtMac[CLS]_SgtMac Posts: 199Moderator
    If you're sure the router is configured properly it may be time to contact your isp.
    :D

I feel like a network god now....I had a eureka moment and asked =U^S=_Cruiser99 to try join from OUTSIDE my network. It worked. Thanks Cruiser!! :+1:

My modem doesn't support what's called "hairpinning" where you hop OUT from a LAN IP and then try to come back in on an Internet IP to a computer on your own network...a sudden 'hairpin' turn.

So...if I use my 3G/4G stick, I can join the computer that's two feet away on my LAN. Grr.

:s

Anyway, successful troubleshooting, though my original question(s) haven't been answered.
    ______

• m_hermannm_hermann Posts: 656Moderator
    edited December 2015
    you can also use the open command to connect directly to the LAN address for a different PC or the loopback address if on the same PC

Once the username is in the DB, you should be able to Auth.
    I know all you REAL network gods see this stuff every day, but I was really jazzed to learn it and get past the roadblock.

:)
    ______