Bdx To Flo

Haya all , so my problem is because im a noob map maker i tend to create my maps in the easy editor first getting the objectives i want and landscape size and so on , then i i move it to the full editor to create it ( im sure alot of people do this ) . I just been working my [TOS Violation] off on a map and i noticed its a BDX when i wanted a flo map , can i convert it to FLO or do i need to start over ?

Any help would be great , thanks guys

Comments

• StackEmUp!StackEmUp! Posts: 145Player
    Change the # of slots in the properties on both assault, and defense, insertion and command points. Then go to the map tab in the content browser, and change all the map info that shows bdx, to flo. Also rename your map from bdx_ to flo_. It's not that hard, just double check everything before you save:).
  • -Flops--Flops- Posts: 354Player
    Thanks abunch hawk much appreciated
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    edited December 2015
    i tend to create my maps in the easy editor first getting the objectives i want and landscape size and so on

I think most of us do that and Hawks advice for your problem is bang on :wink:

Only thing I'd add (and it entirely optional) is to use a couple more than 12 spawn points for each team, maybe 14/15, I've found it helps with that annoying pause you sometimes get where the game tries to spawn two pawns in the same place, it always scares me that I won't make the round timer countdown in time.. so adding a few more points in which to spawn should help alleviate that a bit.

It wont spawn more players than 12 in any case, so don't worry about that. First time I did it I was secretly hoping that I could set my own playercount :lol:

I'm a big fan of wanting to try 32 player servers, as I always think more players = more fun.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

lol yes more the merrier , they all had 14 player spawns anyway so i really dont know why it called itself a bdx
    Ok is there any more ideas out there lol ? ive done all that was posted above and all is good right until i publish and it goes to steam as bdx_********_c4.umap or what ever it is lol
    Did you also manually rename the map in your save's folder? "C:\Users\YourName\Documents\My Games\America's Army Proving Grounds\AAGame\Unpublished\CookedPC\Maps\MissionEditor\Saves"
    I just tried it on a test map, and it seemed to publish fine, under Flo. The 1st thing you want to do is go to your save folder, and manually rename the map, from bdx_ to flo_. Then open it in the editor, and change all the map info from bdx to flo, then spawn points e.t.c. :)
    ok ill try that , but just in case im missing something , where do i find all this info , the only thing i cant find that says bdx is the landscape which i cant rename
    edited December 2015
    Open the Content Browser, click on Map Browser (top right), and everything should be under the "Mission Info" tab.
    Forget the Landscape e.t.c. The only thing that needs changed, is your map name bdx_ to flo_, and the stuff in the mission info tab:)
    ok ill check it out , thanks
    ok so far so good seems to be publishing , ill let you know the outcome , thanks for that all the settings i needed were right there lol :smiley:
    No problem! ;)
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,149Player
    I've noticed so far that making an individual folder for each map helps a lot. Don't just keep them in the regular saves directory.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!