No options seem to save

This is a fresh installation of Windows Server 2012 R2, with a fresh copy of Steam, AAPG and PB on it, and nothing else. It is fresh because I had this problem before and found a forum post saying that it may be because Steam was on drive D, but Punkbuster was on Drive C. That's solved now, as the entire VPS is on 1 drive.

However the problem is still here; options do not seem to save. With the GUI, some do and some don't. Enabling kicks will work, but setting up which maps can be votes doesn't as all maps still show in the game even though I have only selected 5 to be votable.

No options made directly in the files seem to be saving either. I go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\America's Army\AAPG\AAGame\Config\AAHostAServerConfig0, open AAGame.ini, and change settings. Things like how long the rounds last, or whether the default roles (the weapon selection roles) apply, but nothing seems to take any effect in the game itself. By the look of the file modified time, AAGame.ini is the same as other unmodified files, so it looks like AAPG might be over-writing modified files even though the modified options don't exist in the launcher and are heavily documented suggesting they can be changed.

What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• n1]LeXy^n1]LeXy^ Posts: 16Player
    take a look in that thread:
    http://forum.americasarmy.com/discussion/comment/25193/#Comment_25193
    "n1 wrote:
    LeXy^;24978"]the changes you make in '\Config\AAHostAServerConfig1\AAGame.ini' are getting overwritten by the values of '\Config\AAHostAServerConfig1\DefaultGame.ini' - so make your changes in this file.

then rename or delete the 'DefaultGame.ini' file in the folder '\Config' - also these values are inherited down.

cheers

LeXy^
  • ULUMBYECHEEEULUMBYECHEEE Posts: 6Player
    I absolutely love you.

I did search Google before this post but never saw that post. I did as followed, and works a treat.

If I were to delete both instances of DefaultGame.ini, would the game always read from AAGame.ini? If not, must I make changes to both the AAGame.ini and DefaultGame.ini together, or just DefaultGame.ini that overrides the other?

Thank you!
  • n1]LeXy^n1]LeXy^ Posts: 16Player
    If I were to delete both instances of DefaultGame.ini, would the game always read from AAGame.ini? !
    yes. when you start the server first all values of the DefaultGame.ini (if exist) are written in the AAGame.ini. then the AAGame.ini is read.
    If not, must I make changes to both the AAGame.ini and DefaultGame.ini together, or just DefaultGame.ini that overrides the other?
    just in the DefaultGame.ini

LeXy^