Release or Deceased

IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
Spring was March 20th. Summer is June 21st. I am going on vacation soon. Release the game. Don't be afraid.

I am bored to death waiting....
googley avatar aapg

Comments

• 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,149Player
    Don't expect the release until at least mid June. Devs quasi revealed that already.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    edited May 2015
    Don't release until it's reasy. .rather it be late then a fail .

AA3 proved you only get one shot at first impression

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,607Beta Tester
    edited May 2015
    AAPG Open Beta already has people who think this was the GAME instead of a place to test stuff. The first impression is already tainted by people who don't understand that. Even the Opt-Ins are full of people who don't understand test/tweak methodology.

IE kinda too late....

But I still agree - try to get it right with the release even if delayed. Hopefully I keep getting paid the same amount I am now...... :p
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • .!.dgodfather.!.dgodfather Posts: 458Player
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    Don't release until it's reasy. .rather it be late then a fail .

AA3 proved you only get one shot at first impression

Lets just wait until next year then.

Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    No not next year... but hey, its not like we're not playing .. the anticipation of AA3 was huge because there was no open beta..we waited, where here were playing.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
    Strong release, solid release, partially-stable release.

Strong - What most everyone wants
    Solid - What the devs hope for
    Partially-stable - What you can expect in reality
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
  • .dcG-Vortex^.dcG-Vortex^ Posts: 188Player
    I am fine with playing the open beta and helping the devs fix problems while waiting for a final release. The opt-ins were a great taste of how much better the game will get, and also how much more work there is to be done ex: the sound needs to be fixed and hit reg is a little weird still.
    TheTots wrote:
    I think this thread has run it's course......
  • iNv|eKCommiNv|eKComm Posts: 394Player
    They need to make a power move to clean up this mess
    2016 Flank Gaming Network Season 1 Champion
    2016 FraggedNation Season 4 Champion
    2015 FraggedNation Season 2 Main Champion
    2015 ESL Test Cup Second place
    2014 FraggedNation UMM Tournament Champion
    2014 FraggedNation Old School map Tournament Champion
    2014 TWL Season 1 Second Place
    2013 TWL 7v7 Beta Tournament Champion
    2013 TWL 5v5 Beta Tournament Second Place
  • KodenKoden Posts: 284Player
    edited May 2015
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    AAPG Open Beta already has people who think this was the GAME instead of a place to test stuff. The first impression is already tainted by people who don't understand that. Even the Opt-Ins are full of people who don't understand test/tweak methodology.

IE kinda too late....

But I still agree - try to get it right with the release even if delayed. Hopefully I keep getting paid the same amount I am now...... :p

Well, how could i say? We play with what we got. Obviously the regular beta has been worked on and played for almost 2 years, there shouldn't be a reason for it to be far worse than the upcoming opt in tests.

If anything, would have been great to have some older maps in the game from the start. Altan/Eliz proved it was possible, porting plenty of maps from AA3 and AA2.

Derob6.jpg
  • Bear_82Bear_82 Posts: 376Moderator
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    . . . Hopefully I keep getting paid the same amount I am now...... :p

that I can guarantee :p
    The right of the people to keep and arm bears shall not be infringed.
  • IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    edited May 2015
    It seems that everyone has "touched" on the major issues of the game over the last year. If the new release is the same UE3 then how much more polishing can you do? It has bugs and always will. I'm okay with bugs.

I hope we are not getting a new skin and paint job thrown on old maps. I'd like to see some slick character movements and grenade tosses never seen before. And a slew of 'new' maps.
    googley avatar aapg

• Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 586Beta Tester
    If they need to, delay it. I think there are plenty of games released too early and they could never get rid of people's first impression, even after they fixed them.

To be honest this delayed release is even better for me, 'cause I'll have more time after the middle of June. :smiley:
  • doogle!doogle! Posts: 710Player
    The one thing that has me scratching my head is how much different the Opt-In is vs the open beta. Why have I been playing this for 2 years, when there's a version like the Opt In? Pffsh

• Gronfather@twitchGronfather@twitch Posts: 466Player
    Yeah its hard to play normal beta now
    The Opt-in has been a long progress of getting the sound converted over. That's why you haven't seen it in the open beta.
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
  • .shhfiftyfive-.shhfiftyfive- Posts: 495Player
    i do like the opt-in weapon shake on the m4. in open the m4 full auto is the way to play, and it is boring. in opt-in you are encouraged to burst because the weapon's sight shakes and you can't shoot laser beams full auto like open beta...
    -
    that alone makes it hard to go back to open beta. the m4 is so boring. has been for way too long. can't wait til we get an update.
    -
    but really, i'm sad the current maps have not been redone based on feedback from the community. these maps are here to stay, and we need to make some changes to them to make them better. 1st impressions and all that...