Bad Day at the Office

ElementisElementis Posts: 134Player
The Bad Day at the Office achievement is bugged. I got 5 kills and 15 deaths in a match and it didn't give me the achievement. :(

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/576821932686170476/8315F48C669392B00FF27A0C99508F774C15D4B7/

Comments

• SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    Are you really supposed to get it mid-match rather than when ending the match with a score like that?
  • -=TPA=-LezChap-=TPA=-LezChap Posts: 37Player
    I've gone 3 or 4 and 20, and not gotten it at the end of a match...I definitely think it's not working properly.
    ss_-=TPA=-LezChap_4.png
  • ElementisElementis Posts: 134Player
    edited December 2015
    It says "reach 15 deaths in a match with 5 or fewer kills"

• IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    Are you guys seriously trying to get this Achievement?? Come get on Bravo team and I will get on Alpha by myself and help you out. :D
    googley avatar aapg

Well I finally earned Water Under The Bridge last night...did it get fixed? Maybe I just needed to play every round on the same team from the start of map (kinda silly?) or be high enough up on the scoreboard (silly to?)?

Haven't tried some of the other achievements I've been having problems with.
    ss_-=TPA=-LezChap_4.png
    Scoreboard surely doesn't matter, I don't see what's bad about needing to play the whole match though.
  • Bam4DBam4D Posts: 976Player
    I go 2 and 20 a lot almost daily... never got the award. Shoot I'm excited just to score 2!! woot!!

********Bam4D********

BE ALL (THAT) YOU CAN BE!

________Army 1980_________

Bam4D wrote: »
    I go 2 and 20 a lot almost daily... never got the award. Shoot I'm excited just to score 2!! woot!!

Make sure you are playing at the office.
    SSKnecabo wrote: »
    Scoreboard surely doesn't matter, I don't see what's bad about needing to play the whole match though.

Some servers it's very hard to join a team before the first round...so if you miss that round, even if you play every other round on the winning team, it wouldn't work...others swap you back and forth like a ping pong ball to keep teams balanced...

I DO understand needing to play a majority of the match on the winning team, or to contribute significantly to the winning team, to get the achievement...but if you play 14 of 15 of the winning rounds on the winning team, and in that time earn one of the top 5 slots...there's no reason you shouldn't get the achievement.
    ss_-=TPA=-LezChap_4.png
    Why is it hard to join at the first round? Loading times too long or what's the issue? That's a real issue then I guess.

I've never really had the issue of being switched around during matches but the autobalancing system always switches the player who last joined so if you have loading time issues as I assumed that would explain it as well. Since round wins are being tracked I imagine it should be rather easy to change it to something like 70-90% of rounds while being on the winning team. Guess this isn't really high priority but if it's a quick change I guess it would make sense.
  • SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    edited December 2015
    Hmm... looking into this...
    function AwardEndOfMatchScore(int TeamWinner)
        local AAPlayerReplicationInfo PRI;
        foreach DynamicActors(class'AAPlayerReplicationInfo', PRI)
            if(PRI.Team != none)
                if(PRI.Team.GetTeamNum() == TeamWinner)
                    PRI.ScoreCard.NotifyScoreEvent(none, 53);
                    if((PRI.Deaths >= 15) && PRI.Kills <= 5) 
                        PRI.ScoreCard.EarnAchievement(119); <--- this is "Bad Day at the Office"
                PRI.ScoreCard.CheckEndOfMatchAchievements();

The achievement is being checked at the end of the match, only for the winner's team, and you must have at least 15 deaths and at most 5 kills.

To OP -- while you met the K/D criteria, your team didn't win, so the K/D check never happened.

I don't know if the "must be on winning team" aspect is intended, but it should be documented somewhere that it's part of the requirements.
    edited December 2015
    The Steam achievement text also needs to be updated:
    mlh34Bm.png
    edited December 2015
    Well I finally earned Water Under The Bridge last night...did it get fixed? Maybe I just needed to play every round on the same team from the start of map (kinda silly?) or be high enough up on the scoreboard (silly to?)?

Haven't tried some of the other achievements I've been having problems with.

That achievement in particular performs the following check:
    (RoundsPlayedThisMatch == AAGameReplicationInfo(WorldInfo.GRI).RoundCount)

You need to have played every round in the match, but it doesn't seem to check that you were on the same team unless there's some nuance to how it counts rounds. There aren't any score requirements (well, beyond winning, obviously).
    I am curious about whether there's a bug on this one just because of the 0.179% completion rate (via Steam). It's almost the same as the 0.177% that have somehow reached E-9 already ;)
  • Rookie~Rookie~ Posts: 4Player
    Hey Saccho,

any news on this by now?

I also have the "Fast Fingers" Achievement bugged. Tried with a friend. Bomb takes 40 sec to explode and disarming it takes 5 sec.

Another is "Overlord of Overload". I have it unlocked on the AA:PG Achievement webpage, but not on steam.

Those are the 3 Achievements I have left.
    Doing "6 Years In", still need 15.000 more rounds.

Thanks in advance.