UMM Maps: How to...

=R*C=-snom-=R*C=-snom- Posts: 88Player
edited May 2015 in General Discussion
With all the people having issues with the UMM maps, thought this may help.
UMM Maps: How to...

To make things simpler in adding AA:PG UMM Maps on steam...

-Right click steam or open steam, select library...

-Select AAPG, then you should see steam workshop. click "Browse the workshop"...(it should be half way down the screen under the UMM preview pictures.)

-Using the search bar, find the map you wish to download.

-When the profile pic shows up, bottom right will show a green plus, which means you don't have it. click it to add map which should change to a blue tick...

-In doing that, it should be downloading the maps you have added...

-After downloading maps go to the AA:PG browser, click editor tab and click on manage. There you will see your downloaded maps.

-Click build next to the map name. This will pre-build the shaders to reduce join time for the first time.

-Then join server.
-The map will still have to do more shader building so be patient. If tyres pop up do not disconnect, it will kick back in.
-If disconnected just reconnect. Grab a beer and be patient.

You should now make it into the map.

***Be aware the server has to build shaders too, so if it's the first time the map has been run on the server may take a while.

That's it, the next time you connect, you should join just as fast as official maps.
Hope this helps you all.
Happy UMM'ing

GJ skitz for helping me put it togther.

Comments

• IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    Note: Some people don't know what "shaders" are. It's just a way of saying that your graphics card is busy drawing up the map on your screen.
    googley avatar aapg

• -=}WoLvErInE{=--=}WoLvErInE{=- Posts: 1,117Beta Tester
    Good Job, Guys! ;)
  • .shhfiftyfive-.shhfiftyfive- Posts: 495Player
    you would get a lot more use out of writing a how to... if you made it into a guide and posted it in the guide section of steam hub...