Spectate view

Originally the game had three options for the view a player had while icapped, the preferred one seems to be spectate your own body (to eliminate ghosting ) so to speak, that option was removed when the game was released from beta. We now have only one option and that is third person view which basically gives the living player extra sets of eyes as the incapped players ride along with him and are able to call out enemies he may not see.
In the interest of more fair gameplay can we please bring back the option to have incapped players view only from their own body. It just seems right!

Comments

• [Prt_Dictator][Prt_Dictator] Posts: 275Player
    How is an extra sets of eyes on the same camera more advantageous than having players spread out through the map doing live reports on the enemies? Spectate own body is pretty much built-in walls once someone dies in a choke/corner.
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    edited November 2015
    How is an extra sets of eyes on the same camera more advantageous than having players spread out through the map doing live reports on the enemies? Spectate own body is pretty much built-in walls once someone dies in a choke/corner.

Since there are no upvotes atm, +1 on this. Always felt it's worse than spectating other players in terms of ghosting.
  • (Beer_Me)Roach(Beer_Me)Roach Posts: 249Player
    edited November 2015
    Its very simple when you are incapacitated, you would be allowed to view only from your own body until you are either revived or expire. If you don't know how the extra eyes on the same player cam is advantageous then theres no need for me to explain it further , I'm sure the Devs understand and you probably never will.
    The difference is when you are incapped you have a limited time to report enemies verbally before you expire , If you have 3rd person view you ride along with your team mate for the entire round and if you are on TS , or another voip you can readily ghost thru the entire round , its not that hard to understand
  • -=TPA=-LezChap-=TPA=-LezChap Posts: 37Player
    No matter what "view" you get when you die, there are advantages and disadvantages (both when you can use the in-game voice chat to living teammates, or via a 3rd party Teamspeak server at any point)...whether it's dying in a critical junction so you can spectate from your corpse, or viewing from the camera-eye of your teammates...the -only- solution would be to black out your screen unless you can actually act...and who wants to do that?
    ss_-=TPA=-LezChap_4.png
    Its very simple when you are incapacitated, you would be allowed to view only from your own body until you are either revived or expire. If you don't know how the extra eyes on the same player cam is advantageous then theres no need for me to explain it further , I'm sure the Devs understand and you probably never will.
    The difference is when you are incapped you have a limited time to report enemies verbally before you expire , If you have 3rd person view you ride along with your team mate for the entire round and if you are on TS , or another voip you can readily ghost thru the entire round , its not that hard to understand

Every possible view is an advantage if you are looking at it that strictly. Make the screen black must be your desired solution. Too bad devs already made a statement about it and it's not gonna happen :)
    edited November 2015
    Sure I understand all the views do lend some advantage just some less than others , And the screen doesn't need to blackout after the incap expires it could just revert to the main overview . It just seems that the third person allows you to ride along with your team mate for the entire round and is the most offensive in this regard.
    But like you say the decision is made , perhaps Hardcore with no revive would be a possible solution.
    So you are complaining about being able to cycle through teammates when incaped and suggest no revives as a solution? I really fail to see how this is any different. When you're dead you get the same exact vision as you are able to cycle through your teammates just like when incaped.
    Only difference is that you can't talk in-game anymore but do you really trust calls from random people in in-game voice? This has been discussed before and if you really want a fair solution it would be a black screen. Devs however dislike that approach for obvious reasons.

There may be many unfair things in this game but I don't think this is a problem at all.
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    edited November 2015
    Best thing as you said is zero revives.. solves all problems.. however since next to zero servers run this option in pub the current is the best.. do you not remember the ghosting when on incapped view?.. it was rediculous.. way worse than it is now.

I rather see ppl calling out what you should already be seeing anyway as opposed to calling out exact positions of players you would never know are there.

The other fix would be disabling incapped players ability to talk.. not a 100% fix because of TS and such however a huge improvement over current state.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • JoGaryJoGary Posts: 220Player
    servers using spectate on own body where a nightmare in my opinion. It was really irritating all these incapacitated guys on team chat calling out enemy positions. I avoided them like the plague. I agree spectating other players is not ideal but in my opinion it much less damaging to gameplay. Personally I tend to ask any one ghosting me to stop. there nothing worse than when you trying to listen to pinpoint an enemy and you have 1,2 or 3 other team mates shouting out directions that may or may not be correct.
    One solution would be to make it possible to team chat only for 5 seconds after being downed then you muted. This would also solve continues medic requests. TS could still be used but there nothing that can be done about that.
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    The thing about TS is when playing in a regular pub none of these ppl are in eachothers TS.. sure a few clan mates but thats it.. so mute when incapped is the solution

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • -=}WoLvErInE{=--=}WoLvErInE{=- Posts: 1,121Beta Tester
    This is where I disagree with some of you. You see I look at it as I would in real life. Being wounded but not out..... I would wanna help my fellow soldiers out by giving them as much Intel as possible where the enm can be or is. And if I'm in area where I think the enm has control and they are closing in on me to put one in my skull, [TOS Violation] my last words in radio to my team would be make it rain at my body. Nade, rockets, scud missiles, what ever they had to throw it at me.

So as long as you are spectating from your body in the 1st person, it's all good.

What I don't like now is, you get incapped and you start viewing from others..... And saying things to the player(s). That's cheating, ghosting... Or what ever you wanna call it. But looking from you eyes when down and radio things to your team, I see nothing wrong with. Just as I would in real life, I do anything to keep my team from being taken out.
  • LeMaestroLeMaestro Posts: 26Player
    I agree with -=}WoLvErInE{=- and Roach on this matter but at the condition that the icapped player would have a limited view of what he sees and not the 360° view we had before.
  • JoGaryJoGary Posts: 220Player
    edited November 2015
    If we going for real life then we should be able to shoot downed players and finish them off. problem solved!!!
    Seriously though I could live with spectating own body if it was a first person view and I couldn't move to look around. whatever way I fall and end up facing is down to luck. I couldn't cope with the full 360 look about your body view again.
    This is where I disagree with some of you. You see I look at it as I would in real life. Being wounded but not out..... I would wanna help my fellow soldiers out by giving them as much Intel as possible where the enm can be or is. And if I'm in area where I think the enm has control and they are closing in on me to put one in my skull, [TOS Violation] my last words in radio to my team would be make it rain at my body. Nade, rockets, scud missiles, what ever they had to throw it at me.

So as long as you are spectating from your body in the 1st person, it's all good.

What I don't like now is, you get incapped and you start viewing from others..... And saying things to the player(s). That's cheating, ghosting... Or what ever you wanna call it. But looking from you eyes when down and radio things to your team, I see nothing wrong with. Just as I would in real life, I do anything to keep my team from being taken out.

• [FILO]_cpt.thc[FILO]_cpt.thc Posts: 31Player
    Other then no revives i think the best solution would be when you are wounded that you can only see the direction your face is pointing. That being said i'd personally rather have no revives and a medic class brought back, makes the game way more tactical.
    ss_1_23415.png

edited November 2015
    SSKnecabo wrote: »
    So you are complaining about being able to cycle through teammates when incaped and suggest no revives as a solution? I really fail to see how this is any different. When you're dead you get the same exact vision as you are able to cycle through your teammates just like when incaped.
    Only difference is that you can't talk in-game anymore but do you really trust calls from random people in in-game voice? This has been discussed before and if you really want a fair solution it would be a black screen. Devs however dislike that approach for obvious reasons.

There may be many unfair things in this game but I don't think this is a problem at all.

Ok , please let me be clear , I am not complaining about anything , I am simply trying to offer better ideas , There should be NO situation that allows Ghosting , if you think that's ok than you are a ghoster, period.
    All I'm saying is can we please find a solution for ghosting that's all . If you just want to argue with someone and read your own words than please start your own thread and let us look for a solution to the ghosting issue.
    Because I think it's a little boring to look at a black screen after dying, I'm a ghoster? Because that is the only solution for NO ghosting. Personally I wouldn't even have any problems with that, just think the majority prefer to watch their teammates after dying.
    edited November 2015
    Yes I'm sure you do , The fact that they are watching thier teammates is the problem , do you really not see that?
    Now can we please look for a solution to ghosting , I am trying to find a way that the players cannot advise their teammates of enemy positions, (When dead ,Not incapped) if you are still incapped then you should be allowed to talk. There is a view that offers only an overview of the entire map (without following a teammate ) and there is an option to view only from your own body while incapped, as I see it those are the only two views that have any value in this game , anything else promotes ghosting.

You shouldn't talk about players you don't know but good luck with your ghost busters mission.
  • -Ner0--Ner0- Posts: 1,572Player
    By definition it's not ghosting, it's a part of the game. Nobody get unfair advantage when it's the same for all.
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
    edited November 2015
    Ghosting is ghosting , you either support it or you look for a way to eliminate it, that's all I' m saying.

Just because everyone can do it does not mean it should be that way , it wasn't always this way and it certainly was not always part of the game. There is no reason not to fix it.