Hotfix 11-24-2015

Comments

• POTATO.quantaPOTATO.quanta Posts: 32Player
    SSKnecabo wrote: »
    In the game since beta..

dancing_potato.gif
  • CrushmasterCrushmaster Posts: 496Player
    I've only played two matches, but the sound (footstep/weapon sounds) seem a bit better now.
    After playing some more: it's definitely better, but still lacking. I was in Bamboo on Inner and didn't hear a guy come up behind me at all. Progress, though! Progress is good!
  • Akir3Akir3 Posts: 7Player
    Anyone experienced a launcher crash after game exit?
    It's happend always to me
  • GoodvibeGoodvibe Posts: 94Player
    Can you also adjust the sounds in harbour assault please... I have never in my life come across a harbour with so many boat horns going off, it's truly annoying.
  • =U^S=_Mason=U^S=_Mason Posts: 167Beta Tester
    edited November 2015
    Why after each update, sometimes I'm obligated to download a few workshop maps to join any server? I just can't cancel it and go on... Have to download them to play even in Official ones.

There is an issue that when you try to join a server that has UMM's, you click CANCEL and move to another server without UMM's. It will continue to prompt you to download those UMM's. If you disconnect and reconnect it will go away. It has been bugged.
    "9 people make up over 50% of all of the posts on this forums.
    The VAST majority of our players just play."
  • [Dev]Rawrster[Dev]Rawrster Posts: 328Developer
    edited November 2015
    Goodvibe wrote: »
    Can you also adjust the sounds in harbour assault please... I have never in my life come across a harbour with so many boat horns going off, it's truly annoying.

It is being looked in to and should be fixed soon. I can say that this problem gets worse the more rounds that have been played in the match. If it is a Harbor Assault only server, I would recommend setting the match to Best of 7 or 9 for the time being to reduce the issue a bit.
  • IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    ooooh... a HOT fix, Sounds sexy!
    googley avatar aapg

• JoGaryJoGary Posts: 220Player
    That was quick, I impressed guys. yet to play but nade pin pulls reduced I like sound of. And good to know you guys have not forgot other things and continue to work through them. good stuff :smiley:
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    Why is it easier to hear people above you than people on the same level as you. I'll hear a guy fine above me but lets say that person was directly below where he was on the same level chances are I wouldn't hear him. It's map and spot dependent, also depends on the surface but it definitely is happening. (Another example of this is hearing a guy in west wing on Inner Hospital well I am just before the up and over corner to go downstairs but I don't hear the guy coming right up the stairs in front of me.) I also find it easier to hear someone at a distance than someone 5 feet in front of me.
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

• SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    Why is it easier to hear people above you than people on the same level as you. I'll hear a guy fine above me but lets say that person was directly below where he was on the same level chances are I wouldn't hear him. It's map and spot dependent, also depends on the surface but it definitely is happening. (Another example of this is hearing a guy in west wing on Inner Hospital well I am just before the up and over corner to go downstairs but I don't hear the guy coming right up the stairs in front of me.) I also find it easier to hear someone at a distance than someone 5 feet in front of me.

Guess the attempt was to keep it realistic. You hear someone stepping on the floor above you easier than someone stepping below. They exaggerated it a little too much though.
  • K!Dz.applePIEK!Dz.applePIE Posts: 1,050Player
    but its not only below you.. colts is talking about next to you, which is on certain spots correct as he describes.

lower gallery carpet floor: Someone walking next to you is harder to hear than someone walking above you, or behind the benches on hard floor

overload: control room assault side. You hear ppl walking outside very clearly but you dont hear anyone walking next to you. On defense side the foot steps are not dampened as much.

So currently the sounds are very much map and obj bound. This could also explain why ppl hear footsteps much louder on UMMs

That being said, the changes are positive with the last update.
  • @gentDeath@gentDeath Posts: 15Player
    Awesome! My biggest issues were the weird lean step noise sounding behind you. It would make me check 6 every time lol. Eventually letting players get much closer since I sort of tuned it out :P Glad it's being addressed.

The Ship Airhorn was awesome and ridiculous at the same time. Made for some good sneaking around but glad that's getting addressed too :P

My biggest issue is the 6v6 asking for 12v maps because someone is spectating (Often Idle), Maybe we can get more vote choices. like 3 for 6V and maybe 3 for expanding to a 12V map. Otherwise it would be awesome to bring back the call for map vote at the end or let the server auto rotate to the next map.

Thanks for the new Map Devs! Really happy to have something new!
  • [BALKAN]-LeoZGB[BALKAN]-LeoZGB Posts: 11Player
    Why after each update, sometimes I'm obligated to download a few workshop maps to join any server? I just can't cancel it and go on... Have to download them to play even in Official ones.

Any idea guys?

• Bashar_al-AssadBashar_al-Assad Posts: 579Player
    edited November 2015
    My previous download was 1.5gb/2.5 Gb (previous uodate) and now its redownloading everything -_- 0/2.8Gb
  • CrushmasterCrushmaster Posts: 496Player
    Bizarrely, the more I play, the less I feel impressed by the supposedly increased volume. I've gotten choked twice on Inner, where I NEVER get choked, thanks to not hearing a thing.
  • =U^S=_Mason=U^S=_Mason Posts: 167Beta Tester
    edited November 2015
    LeoZGB wrote: »

Any idea guys?

I posted a comment on this....
    Nevermind, this is why I don't frequent this club .
    "9 people make up over 50% of all of the posts on this forums.
    The VAST majority of our players just play."
  • For some reason if I'm above the enemy It's for some odd reason really hard to hear if they are in front or behind me. Noticed it in Slums and Downtown as of now.

Specifically on Downtown on vents you can hear the person in N clearly but I personally get it confused with S which I've never had an issue like that. Also on Slums behind X rooftop... if someone is walking around it you can't tell clearly from which direction he is running as in N or S
  • vapor.ivapor.i Posts: 266Player
    How about voice bug after you go to settings while ingame? You cant get sound back without reconnecting....
    You push out sound increase/decrease fixes over bugs?
    AA2 veteran player / fanboy
    Streaming my horrible gameplay daily! Twitch.tv/fodvapor
  • [Dev]Rawrster[Dev]Rawrster Posts: 328Developer

FunPolice wrote: »
    *Fix for crash on the Intercept EX maps (this also impacted full Hospital EX)

I dunno.... that sounds like a pretty major bug fix to me. Also, I'm pretty sure you don't want the audio guys anywhere near the UI code.

• [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,176Player
    Is that a fail quote.. or an inside joke? :lol:

If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.