Reporting in

Hello all

Is there a tutorial on how to make report areas on your map ? is it easy or hard ? ive always wondered any help would be great

Thank you

Comments

• 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,148Player
    edited November 2015
    It's pretty simple. Just use the BSP box to create an area. Then convert it into an AACommVolume. Next name the volume and you're set.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • -Flops--Flops- Posts: 354Player
    ahh the dreaded boxes , for some reason when i try to make a box it has no depth perception on the map like when i move it moves and always seem 15 miles away , its so frustrating i gave up on them , there must be an easier way lol , to handle the box i mean lol
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,148Player
    ahh the dreaded boxes , for some reason when i try to make a box it has no depth perception on the map like when i move it moves and always seem 15 miles away , its so frustrating i gave up on them , there must be an easier way lol , to handle the box i mean lol

Use the top/front/side views. It's been the only way I've ever been able to get it to work well. You can try hiding stuff in your map to maybe help figure out where the box is a bit better. You can usually also copy the volume once you get one working fine. I think you just need to rebuild BSP every time so that it works properly.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
    ok ill give it a crack ,thanks for the tips, i usually have the other windows closed so i didnt think of that
  • [NoL]W_a_t_c_h[NoL]W_a_t_c_h Posts: 133Player
    Wolvy made a tutorial which is in post 1 of this thread. Always check that thread for tutorials.
    i always do , but most times for some reason those video return a broken link for me , so i ask lol
    Thank you very much
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    It's daunting at first but once you get used to using the builder brush, and using it in the different perspectives, it gets easier.. There's no other way to add them as far as I'm aware and most all special volumes (blocking, trigger, reverb etc..) have to be added using the builder brush.

I'm sure I've posted this elsewhere, it's one of Wolvies great tutorials and perfect for what you need..

If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

yes i found wolves tutorials earlier on youtube i remember i subscribed to them and ive been powering on all day , waiting for work to recommence sucks [TOS Violation] , but i get alot of mapping done , doing about the same hours lmao