Player Dies then Drops the Flag Issue!

[ACMECorp.]WileECayote[USA][ACMECorp.]WileECayote[USA] Posts: 12Player
edited May 2015 in General Discussion
When a player carrying the flag dies near to the extraction point, Your thoughts would be to pick up the flag and run it right? But the problem with that is when you try to pick up the flag, it will automatically try to revive the fallen teammate instead of the flag and then you get killed. It gets frustrating from time to time. Anyway we can fix this problem on the next update?

Comments

• SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    Not exactly the kind of situation you were talking about but I guess this is really close to what you meant.
  • Not like that at all.
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    Not like that at all.

how is not like that at all? It is the exact same problem you just described in your original post no different.

Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

• .shhfiftyfive-.shhfiftyfive- Posts: 495Player
    edited May 2015
    actually its exactly like that... he tried to pick up flag and ended up picking up the weapon instead...
    -
    the priority is backwards... to the point you can exploit it. just go throw an extra weapon where the objective pickup is... and get trolled...

• .dcG-Vortex^.dcG-Vortex^ Posts: 188Player
    actually its exactly like that... he tried to pick up flag and ended up picking up the weapon instead...
    -
    the priority is backwards... to the point you can exploit it. just go throw an extra weapon where the objective pickup is... and get trolled...

New strats, I like this. /s

Please make a priority for the F button: "OBJ | Grab Weapon | Heal/Secure | etc"
    TheTots wrote:
    I think this thread has run it's course......
  • StackEmUp!StackEmUp! Posts: 145Player
    Similar issue that I encountered on "Crossfire" last night. I went to plant the c4, and there was a downed enemy right in front of the plant site. Sure enough, I ended up securing him instead of planting the bomb!
  • SithHunterSithHunter Posts: 109Player
    edited May 2015
    -

New strats, I like this. /s

Please make a priority for the F button: "OBJ | Grab Weapon | Heal/Secure | etc"

I would make it Obj > Revive > Weapon because I can imagine an endless loop you could get into when you carried 2 weapons already and tried to revive a teammate near a dropped weapon and you would just keep swapping the weapons.
  • ddra-ddra- Posts: 453Player
    edited May 2015
    This has been an annoyance since the beginning of the Open beta.

If we're talking about control issues, let's not forget the jump that turns into an unwanted vault.

Can we get a Dev to chime in @TheTots ? Are these issues still happening in the latest version of the game (private build)?
    Fragmovie 6 | iNv Discord
    FGNL Season 1 Champions
    FN Season 2 & 4 Champions
  • Gronfather@twitchGronfather@twitch Posts: 466Player
    yeah I love trying to jump to peak over an object and then all of a sudden my character goes running 4 feet to a desk and auto jumps onto it getting me killed. Good times

• SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    yeah I love trying to jump to peak over an object and then all of a sudden my character goes running 4 feet to a desk and auto jumps onto it getting me killed. Good times

I once managed to jump out of bakery window.. Maybe I'm just bad though..
  • IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    {NWO}Hawk wrote: »
    Similar issue that I encountered on "Crossfire" last night. I went to plant the c4, and there was a downed enemy right in front of the plant site. Sure enough, I ended up securing him instead of planting the bomb!

In real life, I would imagine that is what you would actually do. Secure enemy first in case he wakes up and shoots your b*lls off.
    googley avatar aapg

• TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    What would the ideal order of operations be?

I am thinking:
    1. Grab / Plant OBJ
    2. Revive / Secure
    3. Pickup / Swap Weapon

Am I correct?
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    Ideally the action should be the one I want to perform .. looking at body secures..looking at flag, picks up flag even if on top of a body. Looking at planting area plants even if friendly or foe is right below the Objective plants the bomb

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,191Player
    edited May 2015
    I would assume it's limitations on how the level actors work and them all being tied to one key, I highly doubt it's on an intended design level.

Quirks of unreal.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    I imagine it being the same, however there must be an area you must be within to perform these actions.. like you must be close to pickup a gun, but you can pickup a friendly from further away it seems, same as the flag.. you can stand further from the flag and still pick it up.

so maybe just an overall reduction to these areas will work? I don't know just throwing it out there..

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • [Dev]Rawrster[Dev]Rawrster Posts: 329Developer
    I would assume it's limitations on how the level actors work and them all being tied to one key, I highly doubt it's on an intended design level.

Quirks of unreal.

Pretty much this. We already have a priority system in place (Objectives, Revive/Secure, Weapons) often times it just isn't working as intended. For example, if a downed teammate is over the bomb, the priority system should let you pick up the bomb first, but the game is reporting back "Hey, he is looking at a downed teammate!" not "Hey, he is looking at these two things!" It is something we are certainly aware is a problem and are still trying to make work better.
    right. it is really silly that you can accidentally pick up a weapon without even pointing your crosshair down to the ground. same with vaulting when not looking directly at the spot... or how about going prone and reviving someone where its funny looking that you can do the animation when the teammate is not even in front of you.... nothing is finely synced up. its just very "general area" sorta thing.
    -
    right now i it seems it just does a very basic and broad range check and you don't even have to be looking directly at the thing you're interacting with... if you narrowed the interaction context to force you to look directly at what you want to grab/vault/climb/secure/revive, that would fix everything.

• .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    edited May 2015
    TheTots wrote: »
    What would the ideal order of operations be?

I am thinking:
    1. Grab / Plant OBJ
    2. Revive / Secure
    3. Pickup / Swap Weapon

Am I correct?

How about a menu that pops up like in AA3 and you can select which ever action you want to do. The menu of course only pops up if there is more than 1 possible action to do. Or make this on a totally different key, So if someone needs to just pick the flag they press F if their happens to be lots of actions around the flag they press E and a menu pops up and they can select which one they want to do.

http://manual.americasarmy.com/index.php/Radial_Menu_System

Weaponradial.jpg
    Grenradial.jpg
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

i just think for these interactions to trigger, your player should be directly facing, and crosshair should be pointed directly on an object you want to interact with, with a tiny bit of leeway. instead of 10 feet general vicinity and no concern for the fact you aren't even looking at the object...

• [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,191Player
    edited May 2015
    right. it is really silly that you can accidentally pick up a weapon without even pointing your crosshair down to the ground. same with vaulting when not looking directly at the spot... or how about going prone and reviving someone where its funny looking that you can do the animation when the teammate is not even in front of you.... nothing is finely synced up. its just very "general area" sorta thing.
    -
    right now i it seems it just does a very basic and broad range check and you don't even have to be looking directly at the thing you're interacting with... if you narrowed the interaction context to force you to look directly at what you want to grab/vault/climb/secure/revive, that would fix everything.

You just made that sound like its simple to remedy, did you read Rawsters post? If it was as easy as 'narrowing the interaction context' they would have done it already :lol:

When you have 3 things (actors/triggers) all virtually in the same place the game is confused as to which you want to happen, as the space they take up is intertwined with each other, the triggers for each action are literally all mixed up and that's what's causing the issue. The game simply does not know which to do unless you look (point) at an exact 'sweet' spot where you hit the trigger of one out of the three you want to actually happen.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.