Playing level

Hi guys , Is there anyway to play your level after building it through the game besides using a server ? i have tried to get my server auth`d through aapg but for whatever reason i dont get the email or hear anything at all from support , i just want to play it before publishing it

Thanks

Comments

• DeltaKiloDeltaKilo Posts: 146Developer
    edited November 2015
    You can run around in it by yourself, but getting it on a server and other people to play it is difficult without publishing. There is an "Alpha" tag that you can use when you publish to let people know what state your map is in before they put it on their server.

If you get it on your server, you can give out your IP and people can connect to it to test your map, but without publishing you will have to manually transfer the map to them.
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,148Player
    Hi guys , Is there anyway to play your level after building it through the game besides using a server ? i have tried to get my server auth`d through aapg but for whatever reason i dont get the email or hear anything at all from support , i just want to play it before publishing it

Thanks

You can play the level through the editor. That'd be the best way I'd say. The only issue is that you can't test to make sure that the team structure and spawn points are working properly. However, everything else should be the same as in the normal game.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • -Flops--Flops- Posts: 354Player
    ok thanks guys i was just wondering about lighting more then anything else i wasnt if the lighting was the same as the editor run around
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,148Player
    Should be the same as far as I can tell.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    What about setting up a LAN game?
    googley avatar aapg

Thats an idea to , thanks
  • StackEmUp!StackEmUp! Posts: 145Player
    You can test some gameplay features by creating a batch file, with the following code. Just create a new notepad file, change the code below, to your game directory, and the directory and name of your map, then save as a .bat to your desktop.

Objectives, spawn points, e.t.c. will work, and can be tested. I use this all the time after making an objective change, e.t.c., to test before publishing:)
    {"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\America's Army\AAPG\Binaries\Win32\AAGame.exe" "C:\Users\Yourname\Documents\My Games\America's Army Proving Grounds\AAGame\Unpublished\CookedPC\Maps\MissionEditor\Saves\flo_Milehigh?listen?lan?MissionEdTestGame=1"}

Thanks for that , much appreciated