smoke bug!!!!

Can you lease solve the smoke bug?

when you launch a smoke near a wall the smoke goes even n the other side of the wall.... if it is possible will be appreciated

Video:

Comments

• Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 568Beta Tester
    This thing is in basically every single video game. I think if the solution was simple(/possible) they would have done it in at least some games. I'm no expert, but simulating/rendering realistic gases requires a lot of calculation, so these games use simplified methods instead.

Or did I misunderstood, that the problem is the smoke cloud ignoring walls?
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
  • Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 641Player
    This thing is in basically every single video game. I think if the solution was simple(/possible) they would have done it in at least some games. I'm no expert, but simulating/rendering realistic gases requires a lot of calculation, so these games use simplified methods instead.

Or did I misunderstood, that the problem is the smoke cloud ignoring walls?

I remember it being an issue in AA2 as well. I believe TWL considered intentionally smoking through walls to be an exploit. One easy example was the outside corner to the right of Main Entrance door on Pipeline. You could smoke out the whole corridor that way.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,606Beta Tester
    edited May 2015
    I think recall this being talked about by a Dev on the old forum and how the smoke would have to be modeled per particle to contain it in a container like a room or stop it at a wall, which would be terribly expensive in terms of computer resources. It sure would be cool though!
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    I think recall this being talked about by a Dev on the old forum and how the smoke would have to be modeled per particle to contain it in a container like a room or stop it at a wall, which would be terribly expensive in terms of computer resources. It sure would be cool though!

This will be available to do in year... 2035.
    googley avatar aapg

• -=1S1K=-MK-1982-=1S1K=-MK-1982 Posts: 16Player
    I was just asking f possible because they are building a new version.... if it is too much resource-expending... drop it ;)