New Star Trek TV Show in the Works

-TAC^Taurian--TAC^Taurian- Posts: 67Player
edited November 2015 in R&R
"Alex Kurtzman is attached to the new series, which will premiere in January 2017 on CBS before new episodes debut on its digital and VOD platform."

Story: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/star-trek-tv-series-works-828638
index.php?soldier=-TAC%5ETaurian-

Comments

• [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,165Player
    My wife hates it, but I'm not embarrassed to admit I like Star Trek, all flavors except for Deep Space Nine.. watched the odd episode but never got into that one, not even sure why :(

Stoked there's a chance its getting some TV time again.. as much as I like it, I can't take anymore of Next Generation/Voyager re-runs :lol:
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• -TAC^Taurian--TAC^Taurian- Posts: 67Player
    My all time favorite has been Voyager. Sounds crazy but I must watch that whole series once a year on Netflix. Just have it running in the background while I work.

I couldn't for the life of me get into "Enterprise." So fingers crossed that it won't be some hot new thing on CW with love triangles and feminist overtones. :p
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,165Player
    edited November 2015
    I remember watching A-Team and Knight Rider as a kid.. then came a show called Next Generation, that's where I first got into Star trek, my parents would always watch the old Star trek series re-runs and I was never interested, I knew of the major characters and watched the movies but never the series until I got older (teenage) and watched them on VHS Video :mrgreen:

Voyager was the nuts! I agree, from the first episode to the last.. the whole mixed bunch of crew all lost in deep space with little hopes of returning home was the perfect story to tell, so I was massively sad when Voyager got home (as sad as that sounds). Plus.. I had an unhealthy crush on Geri Ryan.

Enterprise I actually thought got better as it went on.. But I imagine lots of people thought same as you and they canceled it :(
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

I wasn't going to say anything, but I too got depressed when Voyager got home. It was like, "And that's it... they made it and there's no more story to tell."

Enterprise did start to get better yeah. But they just had to incorporate the "Orion Slave Girls" somehow. Haha.
  • IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    I am a big fan of the original series that I watched for the first time on a fuzzy UHF channel. All of the spin-offs just can't compare. I wouldn't expect much.
    googley avatar aapg

• Dem@nDem@n Posts: 564Player
    Think i watched everything star trek related other than deep space 9,if it's a well made new series why not,
    other than that how about " the 100 " if you are in to mad max meets sci fi with a good story.

the new warcraft trailer is comming out friday.

The 100 Feminists. :p
    Think i watched everything star trek related other than deep space 9,if it's a well made new series why not,
    other than that how about " the 100 " if you are in to mad max meets sci fi with a good story.

the new warcraft trailer is comming out friday.

Wife and I got into watching it but was turned off by the betrayal between the Grounders and the 100 leader on the finale. Bad writing since the Grounders are supposed to be a Brave tribe based on the American Indian.

Besides that, there is no news for the shows return.
    googley avatar aapg

edited November 2015
    And then all the sudden she falls in love with Grounders' tribe leader? So random -- What the diddly [TOS Violation]?

All we've learned is that 100s of years now, when the world ends, teenagers are still hormonal idiots.

Although It's nice seeing her in the new Walking Dead series.
    edited November 2015
    ^^^ I liked that comment ;)
    googley avatar aapg

• =[PIMP]=HG|GreitZ=[PIMP]=HG|GreitZ Posts: 23Player
    The best ever i saw is Star Trek episodes.
    Think for a life whitout knowing Star Trek...no i'll Not!
    Iam waiting now 10 years for a Come back of Star Trek Universe
    I prefered the last Enterprise with Cap Archer and his Beagle(dog)

Now iam watching the next Gen with Picard

Wenn need to wait a Little Bit more Time to arrive the good Stuff from the good old USA until we'll See Renegade in Germany, but the for IT
    Kind regards