Opt in 2 iron sights

The Iron sights on the m4 and m16 need to be adjusted. The bullets land where the top of the post is. They should land above the post like the pistol does. I haven't tested any other weapons including enemy.

Comments

• =IK=El.Jefe=IK=El.Jefe Posts: 72Player
    edited May 2015
    Saw is same. The 92fs is perfect. I use the chevron for my reticle. If you quickly scope and unscope, you can see it obviously. Use the beretta as a reference then go to rifles.
  • SithHunterSithHunter Posts: 109Player
    But isn't that how rifle iron sights are zeroed IRL? I don't see that much of a problem here to be honest, I'm switching between irons and red dot and I don't see that much of a difference in aiming.
    The m16 is most noticeable. Try that. The bullets are supposed to hit above the post right?
    So, I did a little research. There are different ways to zero your iron sights. There is the six o'clock hold where the target is totally on top of the post, and the center (or dead) hold where the target is split by the top of the post. I'm not sure what the army teaches, but the m16 in opt in 2 is neither of these. The post completely covers the target. The m4 seems to possibly be zeroed for dead hold.
  • .shhfiftyfive-.shhfiftyfive- Posts: 495Player
    edited May 2015
    my time in the army was always dead hold. my memory of aao/aa2 is irons all used dead hold as well.
    -
    my guess is this game has more weapon shake than aao/aa2. i remember the first handful of bullets from the saw/rpk with iron sights was group pretty great if you timed it between breathing cycle...
    -
    but this game lacks a breathing cycle so devs just increases overall weapon kick to try to compensate. as a result, far less "depth" than aao/aa2... now the kick from the first few rounds makes you lose target. that's why you see everyone using zoom optics on those guns... and no surprise irons are not used.
    -
    imo, bring back the breathing cycle that affects accuracy. that's how we are trained to operate the weapon in the army (and anywhere irl really). that's one big reason why the original game was so unique and attractive. not just for realism players. it was a smart way to balance the weapons instead of just increasing or reducing recoil to the point breathing had no part in how your weapon performed...

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,606Beta Tester
    Ya, Center Hold is how I always set up. I don't know anyone that actually uses Six O'clock Hold although I know it's an option.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    I totally forgot about the breathing cycle from the previous versions. It was also tied to running and stamina. It was a great system.
  • [TMF]SilentDeath[TMF]SilentDeath Posts: 18Player
    edited May 2015
    anything over 3 to 5 round burst the saw should be eratic unless supported and then short bursts as well.Prior service A 2/504th pir Ft.bragg nc 92 to 97 11b/1p I served as m60 gunner and tested on of the first M60E4's also fired and trained others in the use of SAW's Squad Assault Weapon the aka m249 great weapon addin a barrel heat up would also cause people to pay attention to there fire rate. I know changeing the barrel on a m60 would def put u down for a minute and [TOS Violation] off an assistant gunner and ammo barrer and teach u to def pay attention to ur fire rate.
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,137Player
    I can't imagine that the amount of rounds that someone would actually go through in a round would lead to overheating.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
    im just pointing out that full auto fire should be very inaccurate and burstfire should be very accurate and supported extremely accurate
  • Gronfather@twitchGronfather@twitch Posts: 466Player
    my time in the army was always dead hold. my memory of aao/aa2 is irons all used dead hold as well.
    -
    my guess is this game has more weapon shake than aao/aa2. i remember the first handful of bullets from the saw/rpk with iron sights was group pretty great if you timed it between breathing cycle...
    -
    but this game lacks a breathing cycle so devs just increases overall weapon kick to try to compensate. as a result, far less "depth" than aao/aa2... now the kick from the first few rounds makes you lose target. that's why you see everyone using zoom optics on those guns... and no surprise irons are not used.
    -
    imo, bring back the breathing cycle that affects accuracy. that's how we are trained to operate the weapon in the army (and anywhere irl really). that's one big reason why the original game was so unique and attractive. not just for realism players. it was a smart way to balance the weapons instead of just increasing or reducing recoil to the point breathing had no part in how your weapon performed...

Very well said, x2

• SOPMODSOPMOD Posts: 230Player
    +1 Breathing cycle

Its probably not gonna happen for aapg though.
    edited May 2015
    Just to clarify, I was not talking about recoil. I was talking about how the iron sights are zeroed. Specifically the m16 in opt in 2. I was firing the weapons on single fire mode while crouched and holding my breath. For the lmg, I did the same but feathered the trigger to expend just 1 round. The m4 and 249 are close enough if not a little low, but the m16 is very low.
    no clarification needed. i knew what you meant. i was trying to give more explicit detail as to why center hold irons worked in previous games, and not so much this version... by explaining the actual mechanics.
    -
    i wasn't taking about recoil either. well i mean to an extent yeah it is partly recoil, but the "increase" is user error. i mean the sight shake and jar around and make it rough to keep your sight on the target. technically, a game can increase sight shake without increasing weapon recoil... mostly it just forces most people into using zoom optics to compensate the shake, but the recoil was unchanged.
    -
    i was just trying to explain the way this game works in a one dimensional, undesirable manner. not the same depth we are used to from the US Army franchise.
    -
    for a game developed with the US Army behind it, the breathing cycle should be a vital component to the weapon mechanics. it was in the original. but this version has tried to apply many bandaids to compensate for its absence. the lazy unstoppable sway, and the extra sight shake that makes you optics instead of irons... (i'm all for having more sight shake as seen in the opt in m4, to be clear. it promotes burst instead of spray, and helps level the playing field for the m16, if only the screen blur from suppression was nerfed to the ground we'd see some real progress)
    -
    as far as iron sights in this game, the weapon shake forces you away from using iron sights. @)OFB(-El.Jefe- i was trying to explain that the reason iron sights were good in the original game, even with center hold, is because the irons didn't shake out of control if you fired between breaths... they did kick harder if you fired incorrectly mid-breath. but not all the time like this game. that mechanic is completely missing from this game.
    -
    the endless sway implemented here instead is not desirable... it is what it is. endless. not controlled by the player. there's no longer any underlying weapon mechanics that you can master to reward you for controlling your shots. or punish you for ignoring the step involved (control breath before firing). they're just equally punishing for everyone all the time. low skill ceiling. no room for player improvement at all. just a "here's so sway, deal with it" type of game... just let's you know there is nothing you can do (breath) to control your weapon. i am not sure if that's just how the devs want it or what, but i for one prefer control over your weapon as seen in aa2.

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,606Beta Tester
    One thing I do know is there is no such thing as zero movement to the sight picture, even while holding your breath or stabilized on a bipod. This is coming from a guy who has timed shots between heart beats IRL.

Remember the SPR from AA2? That had zero sway from a bipod. It was an unrealistic laser!

I have to ask...no breathing cycle? What's hold breath for then? I've seen so many changes I can't keep track!
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,137Player
    Hold breath = stop sway. It's different than a cyclical breathing cycle.

Quite a few of us have been asking for the Devs to put it in. They instead made something where the cycle was somewhat more defined rather than completely random. Wasn't the same though. I think they've pretty much said that breathing cycle doesn't fit in with the gameplay of AAPG. Not sure what that's supposed to mean, but it seems like certain features are off limits for these Devs for whatever reason.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • SOPMODSOPMOD Posts: 230Player
    Shooting was harder in AA2 for a variety of reasons. FOV was significantly reduced when ADS, CEM changes when injured, breathing cycle in a randomized pattern which increased in speed and randomness with the CEM meter and different stances...

The point where shooting at a distance became somewhat easier was when they introduced the ACOG. Before that, shooting from medium to far range with those bulky iron sights was pretty hard.
    ---
    I honestly don't know why hold breath is still in the game it doesn't feel like it belongs in AA. Timing the breathing cycle to accurately land shots at the top or bottom of the cycle was a great way to make a game harder without it feeling like an artificial difficulty, like suppression effects.

But like i said, i don't think this is going to happen for AAPG. I'll just leave this here for the next AA. :)
    edited May 2015
    breathing needs to stay if any thing make it more important AA is aboutrecruitment cant recruit with out realistic game so breathingand controlling ones fire rate is a plus and should nerver leave
  • [eSC]General.Jung[eSC]General.Jung Posts: 144Player
    edited May 2015
    SOPMOD wrote: »
    Shooting was harder in AA2 for a variety of reasons. FOV was significantly reduced when ADS, CEM changes when injured, breathing cycle in a randomized pattern which increased in speed and randomness with the CEM meter and different stances...

The point where shooting at a distance became somewhat easier was when they introduced the ACOG. Before that, shooting from medium to far range with those bulky iron sights was pretty hard.
    ---
    I honestly don't know why hold breath is still in the game it doesn't feel like it belongs in AA. Timing the breathing cycle to accurately land shots at the top or bottom of the cycle was a great way to make a game harder without it feeling like an artificial difficulty, like suppression effects.

But like i said, i don't think this is going to happen for AAPG. I'll just leave this here for the next AA. :)
    Not to forget that a graze shot in the arm distracts you more in AA2. In AA:PG you don't have to take care much about this.
    -
    The real interesting part of an answer to your question is what happened during the AA3 development. There were players that asked for such a hold-your-breath feature and the developers answered to that in a F.A.Q. thread, that I can't find anymore in the forum that is still available under http://archive1.forum.americasarmy.com. I think it was answered that such a feature won't make it in, because the U.S. Army teaches their soldiers to shoot at the bottom or top of their natural breathment. With the clear reference to ask another Army to create a game if anyone wanted such a feature. A similar answer was given to the request of a knife/melee attack. We all know what finally happened and made it into this series.
    -
    What I am trying to say is that these feature finally made it in, because the mass of the players wanted it or at least the developers thinking that such features are needed to appeal them. So I think that is the main reason because this holy-your-breath feature is still in. Much gamers just don't know that games can make a lot of fun without such features or universal sniper rifles. Thereby, I am thinking a good breathing cycle implementation is a good way to compensate powerful snipers. So people are advised to find a good position to deploy the rifle instead of sniping everywhere. But sure as you said those wishes are over for AA:PG
    Greetings from Germany. General.Jung.
    eSport-Community, http://esportcommunity.com/

HARDEN HC mode, SMOKE Grenades, UMM Support and RELEASE LINUX Binaries !
    speaking of melee... how many times have you watched your team get completely massacred because a teammate is trying to choke an enemy while the enemy is killing your whole team...
    -
    adding that feature was a silly idea.