DefaultGame.ini or AAGame.ini

OK, I am getting a bit confused around here due to the file names people keep mentioning.

I have been admining my clans servers for a couple of years, and they are hosted by GameServers and LowPingGameServers. On both of these providers hosting panels, the files that I can edit for config are the AAGame.ini file. I have not had any issue setting things up with this file.
I could access the DefaultGame.ini file through FTP though.

So which should I be using to control the settings of the server, AAGame.ini or DefaultGame.ini? Is there any reason why one should be used over the other? Is one automatically overwriten by the other in certain circumstances? Should changes to one be added to the other for full operation?

Comments

• -=}WoLvErInE{=--=}WoLvErInE{=- Posts: 1,163Beta Tester
    Personally I've never touched the default ini in my years of playing around with UE. Basically the other ini files are an extension of the default ini's I.E: the AAGame.ini is extended from DefaultGame.ini, it is designed to be configurable.
  • -TAC^Taurian--TAC^Taurian- Posts: 67Player
    I always figured the Default.ini was a backup in case you screwed up and needed a quick remedy.
    index.php?soldier=-TAC%5ETaurian-
  • -=}WoLvErInE{=--=}WoLvErInE{=- Posts: 1,163Beta Tester
    They are. If you screw up and delete the games specific ini and delete it, the engine will create new ones for you as long as you didn't screw up the default ones.
  • [NoL]W_a_t_c_h[NoL]W_a_t_c_h Posts: 133Player
    In which case, people need to be careful when recommending changing the "Default" files on the server if they are not experienced.

Thanks Wolvie, that is what I thought.