ROE detection issues

SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
-> Player blows up significant number of teammates each round with grenade, dies in the process
-> Player is still able to be revived & continue playing the round
-> Other teammates that attempt to shoot the griefer before he can start cooking the grenade are auto-killed by the ROE system and kicked from the round

Is there an issue with the ROE system if the player commits suicide in the process? It seemed that way. It was hard to separate out the rounds where they only managed to kill one or two and then got revived versus the rounds where they managed to kill everyone.

On a related note, I'm surprised this player hasn't been permabanned yet. They're averaging over 1000 ROE violation points per hour... for over 90 hours. An average user is under 100 points per hour. I watched them accrue ~3000 more ROE violation points over an hour of a match tonight. Past names are all indicative of abuse. Abusive players not getting dealt with has been a recurrent problem. When can we hope to see progress on this? The current systems are still leaving a lot to be desired.

Comments

• SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    There are 2 known people doing that, not sure if you are talking about the ones I have in mind but I saw one of them with an "again" behind his name. Would guess that he was banned and just made and new account.
  • CrushmasterCrushmaster Posts: 501Player
    And this is a shining example of why votekick needs to be brought back. :p
  • -TAC^Taurian--TAC^Taurian- Posts: 67Player
    Give it time. Back in the day ROE violations were rough. It really set your honor back. I think that just needs to be beefed up here and access to the game taken away once they get negative xp.
    index.php?soldier=-TAC%5ETaurian-
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    Obviously the idiots who do this don't care about their honor nor the game.. they just troll..

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
    Give it time. Back in the day ROE violations were rough. It really set your honor back. I think that just needs to be beefed up here and access to the game taken away once they get negative xp.

Do you really think the guys would care about honor reset? wow, awesome idea.
    From my experience -- oh yeah they do.
    We are talking about guys blowing themselves up into their own team every single round. I'm not sure if you even read the post..
    No need to get testy. But a ban from the US Army and other subsequent games is more than enough to deter the behavior.
    So you're getting it. Everyone will 'eventually' fall in line.
    Maybe someone else will explain you what a ban in a free game does.
    On Steam? I think you're underestimating Valve.

AA:PG is linked to your Steam account.

I think someone needs to show you what happens when Valve takes your game away.

I'm sorry is there some other way to play AA:PG?

• .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    edited November 2015
    On Steam? I think you're underestimating Valve.

AA:PG is linked to your Steam account.

I think someone needs to show you what happens when Valve takes your game away.

I'm sorry is there some other way to play AA:PG?
    New steam account, New game account. Ohhhhhhhhh.

Saccho wrote: »
    -> Player blows up significant number of teammates each round with grenade, dies in the process
    -> Player is still able to be revived & continue playing the round
    -> Other teammates that attempt to shoot the griefer before he can start cooking the grenade are auto-killed by the ROE system and kicked from the round

Is there an issue with the ROE system if the player commits suicide in the process? It seemed that way. It was hard to separate out the rounds where they only managed to kill one or two and then got revived versus the rounds where they managed to kill everyone.

On a related note, I'm surprised this player hasn't been permabanned yet. They're averaging over 1000 ROE violation points per hour... for over 90 hours. An average user is under 100 points per hour. I watched them accrue ~3000 more ROE violation points over an hour of a match tonight. Past names are all indicative of abuse. Abusive players not getting dealt with has been a recurrent problem. When can we hope to see progress on this? The current systems are still leaving a lot to be desired.

This brings me to my stat flagging thing. If there was a stat flagging system in place this person would already be banned.
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

That's not as effective as you think. You're assuming that players are going to create x amount of steam accounts just for the sole purpose of violating ROE.

I have data that proves otherwise.

You see, you're "guessing" that a player will have the determination to do what I just described countless times based on nothing at all.

However what does not work properly is Vote Kicking. You can easily see it's abuse in Insurgency.
    Valve doesn't do anything for AAPG.
    Actually that's not true. Your Steam id is linked to AA:PG.
    Valve DOES NOT enforce bans for AAPG. Is it that hard to get?
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    We could only hope Valve would get involved..

there arent enough official admins.. there should be secret admins around, permission given to a handful of reliable players that can take care of these situations..

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
    This did give me an idea:
    Data offers no bias, I'm willing to bet I can determine from the API alone which players are the most abusive. Then you simply wait for that user to reach the rank of PFC then initiate the ban.

Or even: You can also require a minimum rank to enter a server.
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    The ROE system as it sits right now is incomplete. We're working on the rest of it right now.
    I'm going to also look into adding some kind of database check for high ROE numbers in the stats.

Please also PM me the name of the guy your post is about. I'll handle him.

The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.