Prone on blocking volumes

Anyone know how to allow lying prone on top of AABlockingVolumes? Am I missing a setting somewhere?

Comments

• EJtheKEJtheK Posts: 105Player
    Ok, after further investigation... it's the strangest thing. I can get it to work in some instances and not in others. At one point, I had it work... then moved the blocking volume up ONE unit with a single press of the up arrow in Front view, and then it wouldn't work... moved it back down one unit, and it worked again?????

I'm using a basic CSG swimming pool type test setup, but I ran into this issue trying to add collision to my map too.
  • -Flops--Flops- Posts: 354Player
    is there a tutorial around for creating aablocking volume ? i have the issue of the box moving with the camera and never seems close enough or around the object its very hard to judge
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    edited November 2015
    I never use the AABlockingVolume.. I just use the default unreal one, don't know if that will help?

Also, use the geometry tool and then you can click drag each side of the builder brush, wolverine does it in this tutorial but for comm volumes etc.. but its the same principle :)

its absolute gold for working with the builder brush, so be sure to thank him :wink:
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• I haven't watched that tutorial in a long time, completely forgot about the extrude tool. Seeing it again just now:

WrKPhfd.gif
    PLevlex.jpg
  • EJtheKEJtheK Posts: 105Player
    No, it's definitely a bug... AABlockingVolume or BlockingVolume, doesn't matter. Something to do with the proximity of the blocking volume's edges to other collision meshes/edges I think. If they are too close it doesn't allow prone for some reason.

And thanks, but I have been using geometry mode quite extensively.
  • [NoL]W_a_t_c_h[NoL]W_a_t_c_h Posts: 133Player
    Rather than using blocking volumes to allow prone on something which doesn't have a collision mesh, would it not be easier to put a floor mesh (with collision) on top and resize to fit (maybe make it a few pixels thick). Then change the texture of the floor to match the original mesh.