Save the smoke grenade or there it goes

13»

Comments

• frankoffrankof Posts: 1,077Moderator
    cK^KILL@ wrote: »
    Some people have issues with the performance? More like some people don't have issues with the performance...
    Everyone has issues with performance, if you drop enough smokes and stand in the middle.
    1-2 smokes at a distance is manageable for most gaming rigs.
    ss_4_frankof.png
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    frankof wrote: »
    cK^KILL@ wrote: »
    Some people have issues with the performance? More like some people don't have issues with the performance...
    Everyone has issues with performance, if you drop enough smokes and stand in the middle.
    1-2 smokes at a distance is manageable for most gaming rigs.

Well, that guy claimed he doesn't have performance issues because of smoke, who knows what kind of server he is playing on.
  • -SD-AndyPwned112-SD-AndyPwned112 Posts: 5Player
    pah i go from 50fps normaly to at least 18 in smoke , i think its ridiculous the way smokes impact on my performance :(
    But really the only reason why smokes annoy me more than fogs is the duration as really smoke is useful on certain maps and fog is appropriate on others , so instead they shouldn't remove smoke fully but just limit it to certain maps ( as well as optimise it better :3)
  • .shhfiftyfive-.shhfiftyfive- Posts: 495Player
    TheTots wrote: »
    It's not just about the performance (it's actually mainly not about the performance). It's about HOW smokes are used and the way they can be cheesed and break the intended flow of a level. With the round times VS the smoke times we just ran in to a lot of situations where design wasn't happy with how smoke was playing out.

It's obviously not final yet, just something we are playing around with.

this is why it would be best to bring back fire teams, and give map designers the power to enforce how much of what is available... you have to do this. else the entire steam workshop is gimped... everyone getting smokes makes map design pointless. everyone getting m4 is also not desirable but could be okay for certain maps. it should be the designers decision to make the map the way they intended. i can't believe any map designer is okay with every single map having the same cookie cutter loadouts. there's no creativity there.
    -
    and as well, the spawn barrier system hurts this too.. and lack of doors... just look at aao's pipeline defense spawn points and see how that map was so much better for not having all 13 people spawn in the same room...
    -
    then look at how static aapg is... just look at full hospital. a flag instead of a vip. that map is horrible because the flag doesn't move from the beginning of the round. the whole thing is static. not as good as the original. and don't forget how many maps let you spray through walls like breach.. omg have you seen how comp players play that map? it is disgusting. and doors of course... where are the doors at in this game?
    -
    honestly i thought we were getting this stuff eventually, but it was all just gonna take some time to implement. but now 2 years later and this game still has none of it, and the game feels like a shell of a game, and it releases? are we just supposed to hope the next game has these features?

• .shhfiftyfive-.shhfiftyfive- Posts: 495Player
    edited May 2015
    i'm glad the smoke got pulled til a resolution can be made. it was the right thing to do. it was long overdue. ( long term solution is fire teams, btw )
    -
    the highest priority for a live open beta test like this... if something isn't working as intended, then rip it out asap so it doesn't make things worse. i understand you guys can't get around to fixing everything, but until that time, you should have a high priority to focus on removing things that are causing an unintended experience. that hasn't been done throughout the last 2 years though, and it has cost the game a large portion of players who refuse to put up with it all not getting patched out...
    -
    obviously the smokes were hurting map design, so the temp fix was to remove them. why did it take almost 2 years before map designers got the rest of the team to listen to them about how access to tons of smoke ruins their map design? idk.
    -
    i hope it doesn't take much longer for the devs to take action on the rest of the list of things that need to be pulled asap and worry about the fix later. damage control guys... seriously.... to hear us when we say: (open beta) losing audio when taking fall damage is broken, supported is broken. slide is broken. vault is broken. wall banging in maps like breach, crossfire, siege, etc are broken. etc.
    -
    example: i can't believe the open beta still has your audio drop out for like 10 seconds when you simply take a single point of fall damage. (it's as bad as being flash banged. basically you're deaf for stubbing your toe.) i posted about this issue on the day it was introduced into the game. and i remember getting caterpillar to respond saying it wasn't intentional. yet it has been left in the game for months now without a patch... so many months.
    -
    and that's just one thing, in a long list of things, that just go untouched for far too long. they have an effect. the same can be said about supported position, slide, vault, 3d spotting, wall banging, etc... games don't fare well under that kind of negligence. new players will not stick around when they realize this stuff isn't being addressed..