2 Servers / 1 IP - Ingame Voice Chat not working

still not working after the final release.
i do run 2 servers with the same IP. all the ports are configured correct (they all did work bevor final release). only 1 server is working correct with ingame voice chat. the other shows all the symbols correct, but no sound from voice chat at all.

would be nice if you could fix that soon. i made a ticket, but after 2 weeks now without any serious answers, i try it again here.

Comments

• [SWISS]Merlin[SWISS]Merlin Posts: 156Player
    any dev's with a idea or solution about it?
  • weakness_aaweakness_aa Posts: 147Player
    I have not tried multi server since the non beta but did you verify that your Teamspeak master and secondary ports are different for each running instance? Have you tried different value's in case something else is using or blocking those ports?
  • -TAC^Taurian--TAC^Taurian- Posts: 67Player
    I've pulled my hair out over this numerous times.

Bottom Line: You can't have more than one AA server sharing an IP Address.

I don't know why or if it's just a bug, but all my problems went away when I leased a bunch of additional IPs and pointed it at the box.

Now I've got 5 servers. I wish someone would chime in.
    index.php?soldier=-TAC%5ETaurian-
    I did some testing today and I think I found the problem but no solution. It appears to be a bug in the way the DefaultEngine.ini file is written when the 2nd server instance is launched. I have provided my setup as a reference. I did not create separate folders for each server instance. I used the dedicated server gui to create, manage, and launch each server instance. My server IP is identical for each server instance. I only used place holders to mask it.

Server 1
    IP = x.x.x.x
    Connect port = 7778
    UMM Query = 7779
    UMM mgmt = 7782
    Steam Auth = 7780
    Steam Query = 27015
    Teamspeak = 8765
    Teamspeak Sceondary = 8767

Server 2
    IP = x.x.x.x
    Connect port = 7784
    UMM Query = 7785
    UMM mgmt = 7786
    Steam Auth = 7787
    Steam Query = 7788
    Teamspeak = 7789
    Teamspeak Sceondary = 7791

I launched server instance 1 and after if was up and running, I launched server instance 2.

Server instance 1 config files were written here.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\America's Army\AAPG\AAGame\Config\AAHostAServerConfig0

Server instance 2 config files were written here.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\America's Army\AAPG\AAGame\Config\AAHostAServerConfig1

If you look at the Default Engine.ini file located in each server instance folder the [TeamSpeakDeafults] setting of the DefaultEngine.ini are using the same ports.

If you try to edit the second instance file, it is overwritten when the server is relaunched.

In my opinion this is a confirmed bug.

thank you very much for helping me out of this misery.
    yes, i did made the same as you did with the steps above. and i did find the same issue. i did stop from configuring the servers with the server gui. i deleted all/everything and started from scratch with one folder called
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\America's Army\AAPG\AAGame\Config\AAHostAServerConfig0.

then i did Config1, 2, ...

now i am able to overwrite the primary and secondary ports for teamspeak. but it is still not working. so far, i am sure that there is a port conflict, 100%. because all symbols do look correct while pressing b/v for global voice chat. and sometimes i can hear a player saying something. very strange!

it would be nice if the devs could look into it - i made a ticket about it 14 days ago - but nothing then strange questions (you know, the default ones to win time).

thank you all for helping in this case. now i will try to set different ports like 20000/20002 for ts. as another test.

btw: i did find that there are more config files when using the server gui. there are some at you documents folder as well as your game folder. strange and very confusing. when you do delete the document folder, then your settings for the server gui are gone :) funny, really funny.
    I did another test tonight. I decided to use the dedicated sever gui to launch my second server instance only instead of my first server instance. With only the second server instance running, the in-game voice chat doesn't even work. You don't even get the chat icons on the screen. If i used the dedicated server gui to launch my first server instance the in-game voice chat works every time. If I launch the first server instance and then launch the second server instance, the in-game voice chat works in the first server, the second server produces the chat icons for your view only ( you will not see the opposing teams global chat icons) but there is no sound made. OK, I'm done testing this bug. Should be enough info for a DEV or Beta tester to relay this info for correction....
    thanks a lot for supporting me in this case. this was exactly the same issue as i did see.
    edited November 2015
    hello dev's
    can you have a look at this problem to fix it please.
  • IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    I've heard that running 2 instances of AA on 1 IP address would allow exploits.
    googley avatar aapg

edited November 2015
    not true. therefore different ports are needed.
    but the ingame voice chat is not anymore working after final release.....
    should be fixed.
    Since several of us have confirmed this as a bug, can a developer confirm if this issue will be addressed, or is this no longer a supported feature?
    this has to be supported because of the server configuration tool. otherwise you dont Need that tool anymore ;)

@devs: when can you fix that issue please ?
  • -=[USA]=-LocoRobo-=[USA]=-LocoRobo Posts: 18Beta Tester
    edited December 2015
    To use the server GUI tool (HOST A SERVER) for multiple instances.
    Setup your servers with the HAS tool and run each one time then stop the servers.
    Go to ...\Steam\SteamApps\common\America's Army\AAPG\AAGame\Config folder, create a new folder and move the DefaultEngine.ini into that folder.

Now your servers should run with in game TS3 available on all servers. The problem is the DefaultEngine.ini in the main config folder is overwriting the TS3 setting from the HAS tool for all instances.
    To use the server GUI tool (HOST A SERVER) for multiple instances.
    Setup your servers with the HAS tool and run each one time then stop the servers.
    Go to ...\Steam\SteamApps\common\America's Army\AAPG\AAGame\Config folder, create a new folder and move the DefaultEngine.ini into that folder.

Now your servers should run with in game TS3 available on all servers. The problem is the DefaultEngine.ini in the main config folder is overwriting the TS3 setting from the HAS tool for all instances.

The TS3 runs on both servers this way but the second instance or the TS3 server running on any server instance other than server instance one does not work. Your team and global chat icons show up when a key is pressed to talk, but no audio can be heard. If you read the earlier post in the thread you can see that we have already tried your suggestion, but thanks for the input :)
    now i know at least a moderator did red it ;)
    would be nice to have an answer about that all..
  • m_hermannm_hermann Posts: 652Moderator
    even if they are in different folders, I don't think that the ports are configurable, so only one TS would work
    m_hermann wrote: »
    even if they are in different folders, I don't think that the ports are configurable, so only one TS would work

The ports can be configured if you edit the files required manually and launch your server via batch file. If you use the "Host Server" Option from the game GUI, your config files get overwritten with default values. If you run "netstat" utility you can see that the required ports are active. If you run a "wireshark" packet capture, you can see that the ports that were configured in the Server's INI files are triggered by the TeamSpeak game client when communicating to the TeamSpeak Server hosted on the game server. Everything seems to work correctly but NO audio is heard in TEAM or GLOBAL Chat on any server instance other than the first instance. Since the new patch has been released today, I will test later to see if this has been resolved, but as of yesterday the feature simply does not work.
    After today's new patch I can confirm that this still does not work. What makes this bug interesting is the fact that I run my servers using batch files. If I launch a server using the batch file and the TeamSpeak Ports are not at the default settings, I don't even get the chat icons on the screen when trying to talk (Server Logs Report the TS is up and running btw). If I launch Server 1 with the Default port values and then launch Server 2 with NON Default port values I get the chat icons on screen of the Server 2 instance but no audio is heard in team or global chat.
    yes, i can confirm this. exactly the same on my side.
  • still not working after the final release.
    i do run 2 servers with the same IP. all the ports are configured correct (they all did work bevor final release). only 1 server is working correct with ingame voice chat. the other shows all the symbols correct, but no sound from voice chat at all.

would be nice if you could fix that soon. i made a ticket, but after 2 weeks now without any serious answers, i try it again here.

Here the same.
    In the Beta, it was no problem to run 5 servers on one ip with separate ts3 (different port).
    Now, even 2 is too mutch...........