SOo more skins?

=IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
edited October 2015 in General Discussion
I'll admit at first I wasn't in favor of the whole skins thing.. but I actually like it.. but I'm done with the M4.. and it's my go to weapon

Can we expect more in the near future?.. something unique that takes more skill more skill rather than time?.. not just a repeat of Elite ..too easy..

Please and thank you

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw

Comments

• .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    edited October 2015
    I agree I get the 20/20 hawkeyes and 1/1 deadeye and im like 100kills in. Gotta grind out 400 kills. Finished that now I am like 11/20 deadeye and 0/1 golden hawkeye and I might have 108 kills. I know I can get golden hawkeye done it many times all ready but need to play 12v12 for that really. But my point is these things just become about grinding out kills. Not really what I expected. If you do the math Im going to be grinding out 800 kills while needed nothing else.
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

• =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    edited October 2015
    There should be some cool skin that takes like 50 golden hawks.. maybe more..10,000 kills.ish.. and mix it up with either tons of revives so forces players to not only concentrate on kills

• 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,161Player
    Unfortunately, all of the other prerequisites just come naturally as your building up your kill count, although it would be nice if some of the challenges were a bit harder. A few ideas:

1. Complete __ Kills with iron sights only
    2. More than just 1 golden hawkeye
    3. X headshots
    4. Maybe X Kills in rounds in which you did not die or get incapacitated (meaning rounds where you get revived or die do not count towards your build up in kills)
    5. Eagle Eye challenges, especially without a zoomed scope. I've gotten quite a few with the M16 in the rifleman (non-DM) challenge.
    6. Another tier of high speed with 3 or 4 enemies killed in a short time.

If you guys can think of other ideas.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • Hello Kitty skin ftw

• {4F}DeadlyGrouse{4F}DeadlyGrouse Posts: 277Player
    i like the idea of something just ungodly hard and getting a gold wepon skin like 007 Golden eye days lol.
    100 golden hawkeyes
    100 Deadeyes
    50 eagle eyes with each attachment
    300 head shots with each attachment
    1000 kills with each available attachment

How's that?
    well at least it sounds like something that will take time.. not be done with within 1st month

• [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    i like the idea of something just ungodly hard and getting a gold wepon skin like 007 Golden eye days lol.

Helll yes! just without the 1 shot kill :lol:
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• Root-AccessRoot-Access Posts: 510Player
    I'm all for it as long as the current unlocks remain the same. You guys are god players, the rest of us aren't, so it is already really hard for us. :P

ss_4_Root-Access.png
    "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it." — Jefferson Davis
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,621Beta Tester
    Speaking of that....I can't find anywhere in Steam or in the Profile that shows Hawkeyes of any type for those of us that manage to get ONE or TWO.....

Am I missing something here?
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • .6ix.AliGator.6ix.AliGator Posts: 165Player
    Why don't you try another weapon doba?! Having said that, I do think it will be cool to have additional skins available.
    ss_4_AliGator...png

• SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    This is a request for more end-game content but I doubt that's really what the game needs its Devs working on. The players that would ever reach that content are already the most dedicated players. More emphasis on the players with 1-20 hours of playtime is important, not the ones with 200+. You guys have no problem grinding out Hawkeyes every round you play, but that's far from universally true.

Colts, Doba, Whiplash -- all three of you haven't passed even the first set of M1911 challenges yet. At the higher end those require Silver Hawkeyes. That takes some effort with a pistol that only comes with, what, 29 rounds?

The current set of skin challenges encourage stepping out of the comfort zone and trying new weapons. Doba, you've got 5600 kills. 5200 are the M4 and 300 are grenades. Rather than complain about a lack of high-end content, maybe work on the other 7/8ths of the challenges that the Devs already put in?
    I'm not complaining. It'd just be nice to see new things for each weapon. A golden gun that takes a crazy amount of time to accomplish would be great. I'm not sure how long it takes to make skins, but these little weapon challenges are things that keep people playing. People like new challenges and things of that nature. Once you run out of things to do, you won't care as much. Even if you're just a one gun player.
    edited October 2015
    Saccho wrote: »
    This is a request for more end-game content but I doubt that's really what the game needs its Devs working on. The players that would ever reach that content are already the most dedicated players. More emphasis on the players with 1-20 hours of playtime is important, not the ones with 200+. You guys have no problem grinding out Hawkeyes every round you play, but that's far from universally true.

Colts, Doba, Whiplash -- all three of you haven't passed even the first set of M1911 challenges yet. At the higher end those require Silver Hawkeyes. That takes some effort with a pistol that only comes with, what, 29 rounds?

The current set of skin challenges encourage stepping out of the comfort zone and trying new weapons. Doba, you've got 5600 kills. 5200 are the M4 and 300 are grenades. Rather than complain about a lack of high-end content, maybe work on the other 7/8ths of the challenges that the Devs already put in?

I got 26 hrs and I don't care nor like the m1911. The weapon challenges are fairly easily all seem to be just about getting kills on that weapon that is my concern here. The could be many other stuff required for these challenges. Like headshots total, High Speed totals, etc.. and if that is true about the m1911 why is it so hard to get but the rest are not?? 5 kills in one round with the m1911 is not an easy task at all. You seem to love to constantly act like mr Dev I know everything this game needs but you leave yourself vulnerable every time with your lack of awareness and experience to know just what your even talking about in the first place.

It's not about the challenges being harder its about the challenges taking longer not being just about getting kills with the weapon needing more dead eyes, headshots, high speeds, hawkeyes etc...

Like for example I need 1000 kills, 20 dead eyes, 1 golden hawkeye.

Well I am at a little over 100 kills, need 6-7 dead eyes and the 1 golden hawkeye, would be nice if I needed 500 headshots to go with that 1000 kills and some high speeds or other achievements as well and also more dead eyes. It would be nice if I needed that 1 dead eye to get the skin not 1 kill one kill is boring easy to get. 1 dead eye could be fun and challenging to get for someone if that's all they need but nope right now its always going be oh I need X many kills and I got this skin woo fun. That would be like playing for the get the the highest level in honor/points you can get in this game but you only get points for winning and losing rounds would be very boring.

• .6ix.AliGator.6ix.AliGator Posts: 165Player
    @-colts.iog- these challenges are easy for players like me and you, but not for the majority of the community, and that's what @Saccho said initially. I also can't believe that you are basically arguing the fact that there are more important things to FIX before adding more skins for the weapons. At the end of the day I think we can all agree that the devs should still focus on fixing bugs, etc, maybe later on add skins to the more used weapons such as the m4.
    M4 is my main weapon but since the release, I play bridge a lot just so I can use the sniper and get the skins for it! I'm also working on the m9 skins and once I get all the skins for the m4, I will try m16. I have played 60hrs and I will need a few more hundred to achieve all the skins for the guns I mentioned, so It DOES take a long time.

ss_4_AliGator...png

People who make skins aren't coders or mappers or anything of that sort. Their job has nothing to do with bug fixing unless there's art issues somewhere. Just because they're adding X doesn't mean that Y is automatically neglected.

On another note, there should be skins that are easier to unlock for all players and then ones that are more difficult to lock that maybe only the high end players will get... or maybe the average players will get them, it will just take them a long time. At the end of the day they're just skins and they dont' change the way the game plays. So if people want extremely difficult challenges, then what's the big deal? I can't imagine that it takes very much for the Devs to program what challenges unlock what.
    Exactly Whip !! have easy skins (current) have difficult skins.. make everyone happy.. I think the nicer skins should be the difficult ones.

@ saccho .. I don't really care about the other challenges though as they're not my preferred guns, M16 just doesn't suit my gameplay.. too slow of a shooter for CQC.. great for distance shots as it has next to zero sway compared to M4. Im not complaining Im suggesting to make more and harder challenges.. The game is designed to play for a long period of time, yet 1st month the game is out and M4 skins are done... kinda lame.

• iDK.ArkeiroiDK.Arkeiro Posts: 775Player
    edited October 2015
    Time by time they should add more challenges. Like Aligator.. I'm trying to complete all weapons challenges but the shotgun. It's something that gives you more reason to play and it is actually cool. The main problem right now, in my point of view, is the existence of the challenge bugs. I don't understand why they didn't fix it yet. They should fix it asap, as theres no point completing challenges if you won't get them. I am waiting weeks for my last SAW skin.

Over 2k Golden Hawkeyes.
    edited November 2015
    I would like a weapon skin that is blue something like blue tiger or others.

Also have my name or team tag on my weapon or skin w/e :wink:

• [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    I think the number one issue with this kinda level of customization (as far as I'm aware) is that anything that’s seen on someones character skin or custom weapon skin.. to that of the normal ones, has to be shared on everyone else's clients too, so that then means.. how do you get these custom things onto everyone's clients so that they can see it ingame too?

Clientside of course would be different, that probably easy I guess.. but that would be boring, imagine only being able to see something yourself on your own character that you can't actually see anyway? it's just defeating the purpose of showing off cool skins if nobody else can see it.

Either that or they want to be careful since they are the US Army and don't want their product to be seen with soldiers brandishing Pink and fluffy M249's :lol:
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.