Changing mission type in full editor

hello . Is it hard to change the mission type in the full editor ? i created it as a CTF , but now im building id like to change it to a couple of charges have to be set ? , is it hard to do that ?
Thanks

Comments

• [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    You gotta be real careful changing a gametype from one to another as it requires not only replacing your actual objectives themselves, you would need to redo all your map overhead to allow setting up of the new mission in the mission flow so that’s things can work as you intend them to, not to mention you'd also have to be delving into your maps world info properties and change all the extract related stuff to C4.

Its a daunting thing and it's also something mighty hard to explain in words.. I'm not at all confident enough to make a tutorial, especially one that would guarantee you a successful transition from extract to C4 to be honest.

Perhaps if you host your map file somewhere for someone to download, someone will be kind enough to make the changes for you.. I've actually never made a C4 gametype so I'd be a little in the dark too :lol:
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• -Flops--Flops- Posts: 354Player
    its not that big of a deal being my first map i just thought it might be a bit more fair that way , but either way will work i guess
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    You could theoretically make a new map in the easy editor with C4 gametype study the way its setup in the advanced editor and if your brave attempt to recreate what you see and copy, its kinda how I have learned the majority of what I have :lol:

As always though, if in doubt, open up an official map and see how the professionals do it.. By far the best way to see first hand how things work (just don't go changing or saving anything) Although if you anything like me you will probably be staring at it like this for 3 hours..

dazed-minion.png
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• -Flops--Flops- Posts: 354Player
    Yup i opened the properties on the objectives i have now to see how complexed they were and made that very face lol