Crashes on start up

Haya all i been building my first map and saved it and closed and went go back to work on it now my mission editor crashes on start up , right when it gets to loading engine , or if it gets past that it crashes on loading MI_Shaders , can anyone help me , or at least tell me where my map is saved to if i need to a reinstall , i really dont want to lose all that work :(

Comments

• StackEmUp!StackEmUp! Posts: 145Player
    edited October 2015
    Find and post the contents of your AAEditor log file found here: "C:\Users\yourname\Documents\My Games\America's Army Proving Grounds\AAGame\Logs"

It should have the error that's crashing the editor inside it:)

Your map should be saved here: "C:\Users\yourname\Documents\My Games\America's Army Proving Grounds\AAGame\Unpublished\CookedPC\Maps\MissionEditor\Saves".
  • -Flops--Flops- Posts: 354Player
    Log: Log file open, 10/26/15 23:42:20
    Init: WinSock: version 1.1 (2.2), MaxSocks=32767, MaxUdp=65467
    Log: ... running in INSTALLED mode
    DevConfig: GConfig::Find has loaded file: ..\..\Engine\Config\ConsoleVariables.ini
    Init: Version: 9656
    Init: Epic Internal: 0
    Init: Compiled (32-bit): Oct 26 2015 16:20:48
    Init: Changelist: 1202061
    Init: Command line: editor -cookededitor -nogadwarning -EDITORUSERSETTINGSINI=../../AAGame/Config/MEEditorUserSettings.ini -DEFEDITORUSERSETTINGSINI=../../AAGame/Config/DefaultMEEditorUserSettings.ini
    Init: Base directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\America's Army\AAPG\Binaries\Win32\
    Init: AAGame Build Info OPEN BETA - CL 176508
    [0000.66] Init: Computer: JASE
    [0000.66] Init: User: imbi000
    [0000.66] Init: CPU Page size=4096, Processors=8
    [0000.66] Init: High frequency timer resolution =3.507501 MHz
    [0000.66] Init: Memory total: Physical=12.0GB (12GB approx) Pagefile=13.8GB Virtual=4.0GB
    [0000.66] Init: Presizing for 0 objects not considered by GC, pre-allocating 0 bytes.
    [0000.66] Init: Object subsystem initialized
    [0000.68] Log: CachePaths() took 0.01 Seconds
    [0000.68] DevDataBase: Connection to "Provider=sqloledb;Data Source=production-db;Initial Catalog=EngineTaskPerf;Trusted_Connection=Yes;Connection Timeout=2" or "10.1.20.20" failed
    [0000.68] Log: SystemSettings based on: SystemSettings
    [0000.68] Log: SystemSettings based on: SystemSettings
    [0000.70] Log: Found D3D11 adapter 0: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 745
    [0000.70] Log: Adapter has 3072MB of dedicated video memory, 0MB of dedicated system memory, and 1023MB of shared system memory
    [0000.71] Log: Found D3D11 adapter 1: Microsoft Basic Render Driver
    [0000.71] Log: Adapter has 0MB of dedicated video memory, 0MB of dedicated system memory, and 4095MB of shared system memory
    [0000.74] Log: Shader platform (RHI): PC-D3D-SM3
    [0000.76] Log: PhysX GPU Support: DISABLED
    [0002.25] Critical: appError called: Ran out of virtual memory. To prevent this condition, you must free up more space on your primary hard disk.
    [0002.25] Critical: Windows GetLastError: The system cannot find the file specified. (2)
    [0005.28] Log: === Critical error: ===
    Ran out of virtual memory. To prevent this condition, you must free up more space on your primary hard disk.

Address = 0x77603e28 (filename not found) [in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\KERNELBASE.dll]
    Address = 0xc843b1 (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\America's Army\AAPG\Binaries\Win32\AAGameEditor.exe]
    Address = 0xc8e8b3 (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\America's Army\AAPG\Binaries\Win32\AAGameEditor.exe]
    Address = 0x1ff253b (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\America's Army\AAPG\Binaries\Win32\AAGameEditor.exe]
    Address = 0x7785539c (filename not found) [in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll]

it says run out of virtual memory but my system says otherwise
    Did you try verifying the game cache through Steam yet?
    no i havent tried that ill do that now
    ok i tried validating all was good i upped my virtual memory just to be sure and still no good , ill try a few things tomorrow , thanks for your help though much appreciated
    No problem!
  • m_hermannm_hermann Posts: 641Moderator
    What version of windows? (32 or 64 bit?)

its windows 10 professional 64 bit , i tried again this morning with no luck on either editor and forcing 32 bit , now it just crashes at loading object references : aagame .. . And doesnt appear to be logging anything so i cant show that either
    Can anyone tell me if theres a way to complete remove editor and all its components including the aapg game , nothing ive done is solving my problem and id like to start from fresh in case of corrupt file , maybe some mesh i have imported , i have uninstalled from steam and deleted the folders in documents and steamapps but it still has my login info when i reinstall so its not doing a fresh install , can anyone help me ? i really dont want my map making days over as quick as they started
  • -Ner0--Ner0- Posts: 1,573Player
    try Revo Uninstaller. I use it all the time.
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
    thanks ill give it a try
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    Login data.. hmmm.. I would imagine that's either stuck in your windows registry somewhere or its stored in cookies through IE. However, I doubt the fact it stores your log on data is at fault.

I have a feeling you may have edited then saved a stock package by mistake in the editor, when saving your map. A full re-install of the game almost always works in that case as it will give you back a untouched copy of the edited package. I have found that verifying steam files don't always work in this case. There are other ways without resorting to re-instaling but its mighty hard to explain, basically you have to remove a bunch of assets and engine functions from the install location, then do a verify which will give you back fresh copies.

If it don't work after a re-install it's then likely something to do with your system in some way.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

after read that uni i think what your saying is right , when i closed it it asked me to save my packages , not knowing what that was and figuring i had to do that i went along with it , but after reinstalling 10 times verifying game files it still doesnt work , so im trying the revo uninstall to completely trash it all and start over , hopefully it works
    ohh on a side note everything on the map was aapg assets , i did import one mesh but didnt use it , so im guessing it created the package anyway for it ?
    edited October 2015
    When you import something you want to use in your map, you must import them into your own maps file, don't try to save or import anything to existing packages as this will edit it and that’s when the issues start. If you import something and don't use then it then it won't save, so the asset/object or whatever you have imported has to be used/placed in your map for it to save.

Wolverine has done a good tutorial on importing custom things into your map, it might be a little different now locations of maps have changed a little but you'll have a good enough idea on procedures, here..

well thanks everyone for trying but no matter what i do it just wont go anymore , so i give up lol ive spent nearlly two days , i appreciate all the help from the community .
    I can't understand why its still crashing after a full re-installation of the game and you said you have removed your configs in my documents. That’s as 'starting fresh' as you can get.

When you say it crashes at a certain point in the editor loading up, that screams to me accidental editing of stock packages, but a fresh install would fix that for sure.

I don't know what else to suggest I'm afraid :(

Its np i appreciate what you have suggested i dont understand it either it really is strange , i even run all the virtual memory tests to rule out everything .
    edited October 2015
    Hang on.. did you completely remove/delete the entire Proving grounds folder? because I have noticed in the past that edited packages are stored in there, the editor reads that location I assume as its loading.. I think you may have deleted the Americas Army folder and that’s not the one you need as obvious as that folder is there's another sneaky one, its this one that is most important to the operation of the game.

If you aint ever tried removing the whole 'America's Army Proving Grounds' folder from here..

Documents\My Games\America's Army Proving Grounds

then please do so :)

Please also remember to keep a copy of your map(s) or you will lose it/them when you delete the folder, your maps can be found here.. (when you open the saves folder you will see them)

Documents\My Games\America's Army Proving Grounds\AAGame\Unpublished\CookedPC\Maps\MissionEditor\Saves\

After you have backed up the things you want to keep, obliterate the proving grounds folder, send that bad boy to the recycle bin along with all its contents.. and hopefully this is the remedy, fingers crossed. The game when you next launch will generate a whole new folder with clean files, you can then navigate back to Saves and put your maps back in there.