Adding collision to a standard static mesh

RedBaron64(ITA)RedBaron64(ITA) Posts: 173Player
edited October 2015 in Mission Editor - Support
Before the last release i used a static mesh, a wall with a window named

StaticMesh'ModKit_Walls_03.Meshes.Flat_01_Win01_JS_SMesh'

without collision (a 'no collision model!') but before the last release selecting the 'collide complex' option under 'collision' of static mesh properties the collision worked well. Now the collision doesn't work anymore. How can i do to add collision to this static mesh?

Comments

• Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 585Beta Tester
    edited October 2015
    If you don't want to create your own mesh I think you should just place some blocking volumes. Or find a similar but working mesh, place it exactly where your mesh is located, and check 'hide in game' and uncheck 'cast shadows'. You probably have to modify some other Lighting related stuff as well.

Collide complex probably stopped working (this is 100% speculation, I didn't check the actual mesh) because some of the mesh properties had been changed. The checkbox for some collision options has to be unticked in the static mesh properties in the content browser (something like 'Use simplified bla-bla collision') for collide complex to work.
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
  • Bashar_al-AssadBashar_al-Assad Posts: 579Player
    edited October 2015
    Is using Auto convex (right click | create blocking volume | auto convex collision) every-time to create collision for static mesh bad? Im new to editor.
    Also, another stupid question. How do I set the bullet hit texture?
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    edited October 2015
    The bullet hit texture is called a physical material its something you can assign to a mesh, good news is you can add one of these to an asset without having to edit the stock package in anyway, if you go into a meshes properties (highlight and F4) scroll down to the Physics section, open it up and right at the bottom you will see an override option, if you have a phys mat highlighted in the content browser you can click the green arrow and assign it to the mesh :)

Heres a screenshot

2imau87.jpg

As for the OP's issue with collision on that particular mesh.. I'm not sure that theres much you can do :(
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• Bashar_al-AssadBashar_al-Assad Posts: 579Player
    edited October 2015
    The bullet hit texture is called a physical material its something you can assign to a mesh, good news is you can add one of these to an asset without having to edit the stock package in anyway, if you go into a meshes properties (highlight and F4) scroll down to the Physics section, open it up and right at the bottom you will see an override option, if you have a phys mat highlighted in the content browser you can click the green arrow and assign it to the mesh :)

Heres a screenshot

2imau87.jpg

As for the OP's issue with collision on that particular mesh.. I'm not sure that theres much you can do :(

Thanks! :) :) Real help you are!