Ord24

Is it intentional that this is on server side hit detection? Have all officials gone this way?

Comments

• =IK=SgtBadazz=IK=SgtBadazz Posts: 160Player
    All officials are using this turd SSHD now. Another reason to avoid them.
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    If SSHD is on it's accidental.
    I will check on it.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

Thanks
  • IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    If using SSHD, has the "ghost" bullet been fixed? I haven't heard that it was.
    googley avatar aapg

• SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    edited October 2015
    IO_i_OI wrote: »
    If using SSHD, has the "ghost" bullet been fixed? I haven't heard that it was.

I believe that was fixed with the RFI-4 major patch in September 2014.

Edit: To be clear, it was definitely fixed. I'm just only 99% certain it was the RFI-4 release when the fix went out. In any case, that's when the barrage of SSHD/CSHD posts came out on the archive2 forum iteration and the bug was declared in public.
    Where are you seeing that they are running SSHD?

I went in ord24, one of the jfk's and one more I don't remember. I was having a hard time playing the way that I normally do and when I went to server info, they all said hit detection server. Maybe some named their server like the officials or something?
    It's just a bug with the display of server settings.
    They're all still running CSHD.

Didn't feel like it. Oh well
  • CrushmasterCrushmaster Posts: 501Player
    So...no officials have server side hit detection? Because I have seen some unreal shenanigans lately in terms of hit detection. :D

Are hit detection and takedown recognition running off the same thing? Because I've had some really lame stuff with that, too. Like pounding the takedown key right next to a prone guy and nothing happening (please tell you can still take down prone people from any direction).
    Are you sure Tots? I have ever seen any servers display this incorrectly before and the server feels very laggy.
    It would seem I may be incorrect.

Gangsta is going to verify the Official fleet soon and make sure the setting is correct across them all.

We may have made SSHD the default in the configs by mistake in the last update.
    So you private server admins may want to check and make sure you aren't running SSHD as well.

Good catch on this one Sgt.

• =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    oh They are.. most private servers I see are SSHD.. aweful I try to call them out on it

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • K!Dz.applePIEK!Dz.applePIE Posts: 1,050Player
    Fun fact, most EU private servers are using SSHD and no one really complains..

Is this SSHD problem still an issue in the current build?
    I bet the good players complain.. maybe the randoms don't see a difference .. but when hit reg feels off checking server settings usually tells me the whole story when I see SSHD= awful

• frankoffrankof Posts: 1,074Moderator
    Fun fact, most EU private servers are using SSHD and no one really complains..

Is this SSHD problem still an issue in the current build?
    And if you complain, your the only one and gets ignored for never to bother about that server again..
    ss_4_frankof.png
  • K!Dz.applePIEK!Dz.applePIE Posts: 1,050Player
    Well why the ESL rules or the AAPGversus rules are set to sshd then?

I played both with low ping, and didn't really experience much difference.
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    Well why the ESL rules or the AAPGversus rules are set to sshd then?

I played both with low ping, and didn't really experience much difference.

My guess would be the pings. Israelites and Portuguese tend to have 90+ pings.
    Probably because the rule sets were never changed from when SSHD appeared to perform better during the ghost bullet bug upon its first introduction and all comp started using it. Either that or European comp players may see less variations in ping due to better internet and smaller geographic area than NA so they may not notice as much.
    SSHD has lag compensation which I guess helps if higher pings in server.. but why in the world would you want the server deciding the outcome?.. as the client.. I prefer it registers what I see.

Noticeable difference indeed